JUST released CAI

hey guys bellow is an exact quote from an e-mail i received on a JUST released australian CAI kit for our stivos

personally i think its VERY pricy as it hasnt got any shiiping costs compared to the TRD kits but oh well it claims to be better

just thought i would pass on some information i have

i have pics but dont know how to post them maybe i could e-mail them to someone(looking for ZEE and DYLAN here) and they could post them for me

hi Justin,

so far the feed back has been great ,compared to Simota and TRD kit ,our kit makes the engine rev smoother especially at high peak RPM ,the others seem to make the engine hesitate .

I cant get better than that customer feed back ,

the kit is $399 with K&N pod or $460 with the Apexi Super intake + fitting $50

see att more pics

We also just received from Japan Power Enterprise Camcon units ,the only cam controller available for the Toyota

Cheers

Sal

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed my INJEN which cost $339 including shipping...

cant see how an aussie made one should be more expensive than that :(

TO anyone thats thinking about the INJEN CAI... DO IT! best mod i have spent my money on.. ABSOLUTELY SCREAMS!

cant see how an aussie made one should be more expensive than that  :(

TO anyone thats thinking about the INJEN CAI... DO IT!  best mod i have spent my money on..  ABSOLUTELY SCREAMS!

I agree with Motoman, installed Injen CAI last night, cost me $AU213.00. Sounds awesome and develops noticably more power & torque between 4 & 6000 RPM. :lol:

Ive also been able to land lift 1st-2nd.. HEAPS easier since installing... used to maybe 1 in 10... now more like 8 in 10

i scare alot of people with how loud my car is now... :P

The injen doesnt really get loud until 5500rpm... then it goes absolutely beserk!

so... what's the difference between a bolt-on CAI and a ghetto one, where you use a foil duct and duct it from the front air dam? Don't they do the same thing, at a fraction of the price?  :blink:

Sportivos and newer celicas (same engine of course) have Airflow sensors..

doesnt seem to work well with ghetto setups

Check my garage for pics of the INJEN

Edited by MotoMan

so... what's the difference between a bolt-on CAI and a ghetto one, where you use a foil duct and duct it from the front air dam? Don't they do the same thing, at a fraction of the price?  :blink:

I guess different pipes are made from different metals some of which are most "co****" and more air restrictive. Maybe the "better" brand pipes are made from smoother metals.

I guess different pipes are made from different metals some of which are most "co****" and more air restrictive. Maybe the "better" brand pipes are made from smoother metals.

nonono.... I'm not talking about a long induction pipe like yours E, I'm talking about a short induction pipe (maybe even stock) and having a duct run up from the fr ont, to the air filter, not extending the air filter downwards....

am I making sense?

there is a difference. using coil foil i guess it is economical and helps to bring cold air from outside into the inlet. with the pod however it collects air 360 degrees so should be more effective.

there is a difference. using coil foil i guess it is economical and helps to bring cold air from outside into the inlet. with the pod however it collects air 360 degrees so should be more effective.

but you get intake lag due to the longer intake pipe.... so wouldn't it be a tradeoff anyway?

I've got this new pipe installed a few days ago. Changed it from the Simota one. As far as I can tell at the momet it is much smoother than the Simota one. I don't have a good pod filter for it yet. I'm sure a K&N filter or Apexi filter would make it much better. The price is OK as u can see it comes with K&N filter for $399. When u buy the TRD CAI people tend to change it to the K&N anyway. I'll take pics one day and show u guys. I will be testing this one out for a few weeks and will tell u guys what I think.

Cheers

cant see how an aussie made one should be more expensive than that  :(

TO anyone thats thinking about the INJEN CAI... DO IT!  best mod i have spent my money on..  ABSOLUTELY SCREAMS!

I agree with Motoman, installed Injen CAI last night, cost me $AU213.00. Sounds awesome and develops noticably more power & torque between 4 & 6000 RPM. :lol:

Hey where can i get the Enjen Cai from???im from sydney man

do the specific brands make a diff when i comes to CAI?

because ive seen a few that are around the same price as AEM/INJEN/TRD but have never heard anyone mention them on this site.

eg: STREETGLOW/WEAPON R

from what ive been reading the weapon r is supose to be awsome.

but never heard anyone mention them is this because there not as popular in australia or somthing?

Eddy if you're thinking of getting one.. you can check out my Injen on Sunday at the meet

yeah sweet mate.

i was thinking of getting a INJEN or AEM but me being me i wanna try and be different thats why im also looking at streetglow/weapon r.

but ill check out your plus i really wanna hear the sound they give off.

and also 360 degrees MORE prone to hot air unless you have the pod rammed so it taked cold air from the outside