JUST released CAI

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also heard good things about weapon R. But isn't weapon R kit is short ram for corolla? You can buy them off ebay, they are not expensive too.

yeah i think its a short ram but its supose to work better than CAI and short air rams.

also there are extras you can buy for the ram anyway like ram air box cold air case and other things.

and yes there alot cheaper than CAIs.

but it says from what ive read that there filters are possibly the best going around.

especially the secret weapon intake.

it supose to take 2 types of air through it bopth warm and cold.

its hard to explain but i might just get one to be different and see what the go is.

i can always sell it and get a AEM or INJEN CAI

ok guys here are the pics of the CAI that this whole topic is based on sorry it took me so long to get them on here

personally i think it looks pretty damn sexy BUT its still the same price as an imported brand wich i think is kinda stupid

BUT they CLAIM to be better than the TRD's without proof just customer feedback

anyways here they are

post-963-1125720177_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125720249_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125720364_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125720499_thumb.jpg

post-963-1125720563_thumb.jpg

justion it looks like the pipe changes into a ribbed PVC typre plastic just hear the scassis? is this correct???

SAds

to be honest i have no idea BUT i think e-gene might be right i think its 2 pipes with just the plastic bracket to hold it together

what i have noticed but in comparison to the TRD and others is that the bend in the pipe is not as aggressive its a wider angle making it that slightly less restrictive

well i think so anyways

looks like a wider diameter version of the Simota one to me. Completely different bend shape to the AEM and Injen which are the 2 most similar ones... It also doesn't tuck under the Fuse box like the others do (except the Simota one)

Those pics are actually taken of my car. I'm proud to say that I'm the first to have this new CAI installed on any car :D . The pipe size is slightly larger than the Simota pipe. It is the same size as TRD CAI. So far it's been good. I'm gonna give it a few more weeks before I make any judgement.

Hello guys. I´From Chile. Congratulations for the site. Finally I founded some topics agree with my car. I have a corolla sport hatchback 2005 1.6 VVTI 110 HP, engine 3ZZ1970820. It made at Japan. I would like to ask you is posible to put the TRD CAI into my car.

Thanks

Roberto

PD: I attach a pic of my car

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...0638_3_full.jpg

Those pics are actually taken of my car. I'm proud to say that I'm the first to have this new CAI installed on any car  :D . The pipe size is slightly larger than the Simota pipe. It is the same size as TRD CAI. So far it's been good. I'm gonna give it a few more weeks before I make any judgement.

lol well there you go small world hey well im not the only one that knows about it on this website yet hey lol

i dont feel so special anymore :( :P :D

justion it looks like the pipe changes into a ribbed PVC typre plastic just hear the scassis? is this correct???

SAds

to be honest i have no idea BUT i think e-gene might be right i think its 2 pipes with just the plastic bracket to hold it together

what i have noticed but in comparison to the TRD and others is that the bend in the pipe is not as aggressive its a wider angle making it that slightly less restrictive

well i think so anyways

That bend is more aggressive then the INJEN one... going by pictures only... pretty hard to tell really

Hello guys. I´From Chile. Congratulations for the site. Finally I founded some topics agree with my car. I have a corolla sport hatchback 2005  1.6 VVTI 110 HP, engine 3ZZ1970820. It made at Japan. I would like to ask you is posible to put the TRD CAI into my car.

Thanks

Roberto

Roberto,

off the top of my head i would have to say that there would be no problem at all, things to make sure of are since your car is a 1.6litre instead of the 1.8litre is the inlet that the actuall intake fits onto is the same diametre,, but even if they were different im sure you could purchase an adapter that would allow you to fit the unit onto it.. good luck and keep everyone updated

Greg

PS.. welcome to TOCAU :)

Hello guys. I´From Chile. Congratulations for the site. Finally I founded some topics agree with my car. I have a corolla sport hatchback 2005  1.6 VVTI 110 HP, engine 3ZZ1970820. It made at Japan. I would like to ask you is posible to put the TRD CAI into my car.

Thanks

Roberto

It will fit. A corolla with smaller engine, the 1NZ-FE 1.5 VVTi uses the same AEM intake for 1zz-fe 1.8. The pipe is made based on the engine bay. A photo of the engine bay would help, please post one up for us to see.

its been dynoed i dunno how many times man.

I made 15kw gain with cold air intake, but that's after exhaust modification so I dunno how much does the cold air gain alone. We're talking synergy effects here. By the way, my exhaust only made 1kw gain top, since its for low-mid power.

This is 1zz-fe, and we have seen similar gain of 15kw just by using cold air intake on 2zz-ge.

Go Figure.

Edited by Danz

hmm i better find one n chuck it on my car

dyno the thing and shove da result in da dudes face

:lol:

he told me to chuck a scoop on instead and change da pipe so that it'll collect air from the scoop. again he goes that wont do much anyway.

what a moron having DIRECT hair straight from bonnet STRAIGHT into the airbox would make HEAPS of differene all you would need is a K&N filter and keep your standard box gees this mechanic of yours dump him he sounds like a w a n k

Relax, everyone has their own opinion, you just use your own logic towards it. No need to scream and put down opinions.

If you look at the standard air box, you will see that it is kinda restrictive, and no wonder cold air intake modifications can results in gains up to 15kw. On some cars, cold air do not do much, and it can bring down power in some cases. However, such result cannot be said to all cars, and yet again, it is proven that CAI gives your lovely 2zz-ge and 1zz-fe better flow of air hence resulting a true gain in power.

I suggest that you study what parts you wish to change 1st before you decide. What I meant by study is, study it by your own and not just by what others has said.

Edited by Danz