Which way Save more Money On Fuel?

Hiiii guysss =]]

im just trying to work this thing out on "Saving Money on Fuel" Considering its getting quite expensively just to drive a car.

My car is a ZRE152R Corolla MY10 1.8L

Currently what ive been undergoing with the test myself on saving money on fuel

so far when its almost empty like as low as possible, leaving only 1 bar left on fuel (1 week & half)

is 565km (Range)with filling to FULL Tank of fuel Cost me around close to $65-$70 on V-power Shell during (1.65 per/L)

Today Shell V-power was (1.53 per/L) so when filled up, My fuel tank before filling was 3 bar & a half of Fuel.

After a Full tank of fuel, my Range only stop at 555km (Range) <<< now that im abit confuse, isnt it suppose to be more Km since i have more fuel still? im reallll lost there but anyway, end up costing me $49.99 =] so was quite happy about that saving almost $20 dollars.

but my concern is in the long run like annually? which way would save more money on fuel, getting it when its near Low Fuel or choose a day which is the cheapest which is usually around tuesday or wednesday for me. and just get it weekly? my previous run was always get it when its low, and ive got 565 km (Range) out of it so today was just a bit shock with only 555km (Range) and its same Fuel tank...not knowing whats going on...

well let me know guys what you think????

p.s everytime i fuel up my car, tyre pressure is always check at 34psi on four wheels~ (apparently) that reduced 3% of fuel Consumption if you maintain it well LOL....so yeh thats what my friend told me...

but yer cheers,

Regards,

Ceejay

Edited by crolladx

Monitor your tyre pressure and fill up when fuel is cheap. Keep a manual log of your mileages and fills if you want to work out your economy.

Trip computer is a guide only. Filling up on a cheap day with a discount voucher will be the most effective way to save $.

oh: Don't rev the car so much.

Monitor your tyre pressure and fill up when fuel is cheap. Keep a manual log of your mileages and fills if you want to work out your economy.

Trip computer is a guide only. Filling up on a cheap day with a discount voucher will be the most effective way to save $.

ahhh i see, yeh i shall do that in excel right away. but a question, what do you reckon still tho? filling up the fuel weekly regardless how much fuel left you got, or use up till the last bar of fuel left then go fuel up?

• Like 1

ahhh i see, yeh i shall do that in excel right away. but a question, what do you reckon still tho? filling up the fuel weekly regardless how much fuel left you got, or use up till the last bar of fuel left then go fuel up?

Fill up when it is cheap. Regardless of how much fuel you have left. I filled up on Wednesday but since the price has been pretty good I filled her up again today.

Your car isn't going to go 'Oh damn. crolladx doesn't have much fuel left and fill day isn't for another 5 days, I am going to consume less fuel to compensate', so just fill when the price is good.

Always fill up when it is cheapest. In saying that, if a full tank lasts you three weeks of normal driving, don't keep topping it up every week as you're just carrying around extra weight that way.

Lol if your tank last you 2 weeks, run it down and fill up enough for 1 week. Eg fill it up half way.. Realistically running the car so that it is nearly empty is most efficient as you won't be dragging that fuel around. However you will need to think ahead as to where you will be driving to till next fill day. I fill $50 every week so that I will have enough to last till the next cheap day which at the moment is Thursday for us.

hahah thanks guys for the tips!! but man, stick on the Acceleration pedal? isnt that dangerous man? i got owned by toyota when i brought in my car the other time, when my carpet matt was in the way of the pedal preventing it from going full throttle, the guy who service my car was pretty mad at me and telling me it could kill you blah blah blah if you dont fix it ... :|

at first i was thinking of getting a Throttle controller on my car since they have those Economical Mode to SP 1 - how ever many number you can set it to, but not sure whether its really worth it and does it really save fuel when you set it to ECO mode? anyone has one of these device on they car???

I'm finding my "range" on my dash info screen alters alot too, especially when my tank is not low on fuel, but i've noticed it changes ALOT. I ALWAYS get 580-600km to my tank, whereas when i fill up the "range" always says 555-589 it jumps up and down like mental!

It's a bit silly, I only watch it when I'm low on fuel to give me a basic idea of when I should pay a visit to the local Caltex.

I'm finding my "range" on my dash info screen alters alot too, especially when my tank is not low on fuel, but i've noticed it changes ALOT. I ALWAYS get 580-600km to my tank, whereas when i fill up the "range" always says 555-589 it jumps up and down like mental!

It's a bit silly, I only watch it when I'm low on fuel to give me a basic idea of when I should pay a visit to the local Caltex.

They are not accruate, I run 650km per tank where it says only 559... Only the average fuel consumption and instant fuel consumption on the dash are accruate. I am running 6.7 now, and it says 589km in full tank, which is not right according to the maths. The maximum km I can see on my dash is 593km with average fuel consumption of 6.5.. the maths simply does not add up

If u want to save fuel, just accelerate slowly and enjoy being slow.. that is what I do.

No need to put 98 petrol, 95 is good enough. Dun use 91 because it will cause incomplete combustion

Edited by ben yip

If u want to save fuel, just accelerate slowly and enjoy being slow.. that is what I do.

Really?

I can tell you my history of offense, half of them are careless

1. Sep 2009 (3 pts) - Speed 20km/h in school zone, at that day, I was sick, and I was overtaking one vehicle, during overtaking, the school zone sign was on the left of me and painted on the ground.. I did not see it, I argue with the police that the school zone sign was flashing on one place and not the other..

3. May-2010 (1 pt) - driving 67km/h at 60km/h zone in Great Ocean Road Melbourne

4. July 2011 (4 pts) - driving 140km/h at freeway because it was a big down hill followed by up hill, and I drove at neutral gear, the whole journey did not speeding except that bit

They are not accruate, I run 650km per tank where it says only 559... Only the average fuel consumption and instant fuel consumption on the dash are accruate. I am running 6.7 now, and it says 589km in full tank, which is not right according to the maths. The maximum km I can see on my dash is 593km with average fuel consumption of 6.5.. the maths simply does not add up

No need to put 98 petrol, 95 is good enough. Dun use 91 because it will cause incomplete combustion

I always use 95 from caltex. Its only 5-8 dollars more a tank than e10 - I find that e10 makes my exhaust fumes smell like sewerage haha.

I knew something was up when the range is 555-589 and I'm averaging 6.8-7lt/100km which is fantastic for city driving might I add.

Very pleased with my fuel consumption, even when I am a little bit heavy on the accelerator.

so far when its almost empty like as low as possible, leaving only 1 bar left on fuel (1 week & half)

is 565km (Range)with filling to FULL Tank of fuel Cost me around close to $65-$70 on V-power Shell during (1.65 per/L)

Today Shell V-power was (1.53 per/L) so when filled up, My fuel tank before filling was 3 bar & a half of Fuel.

After a Full tank of fuel, my Range only stop at 555km (Range) <<< now that im abit confuse, isnt it suppose to be more Km since i have more fuel still? im reallll lost there but anyway, end up costing me $49.99 =] so was quite happy about that saving almost $20 dollars.

I know this isn't part of your answer, but I too have noticed that the Range on Every ZRE is never the same...

Example, my personal White Conquest will only ever show me range of up to 500KM (if I'm lucky) and that's with fuel all the way up, and visible in the fuel hole... On my other Corolla (Silver ZRE) It shows anywhere from 550-620KM (And you can't say it';s because of my driving style, because the silver rolla has a HIGHER L/KM usage) And now after reading yours, your one goes to 565+/-... So yeah... I don't know how the computer figures out the range....

You guys need to stop relying on the fuel economy figures that your dash cluster shows you. Make some proper calculations with distance travelled and fuel used before commenting on how your car doesn't travel as far as you would like it to simply because it estimates it.