What fuel to use for 07 Sportivo?

aem

if it says its ok then u can use it. otherwise its personal preference. u might get a tiny difference in mileage between the available fuels but that also depends on how heavy ur right foot is.

I've never used E10 before, where can i get it cos it's not 91 RON with 10% Ethanol is it?. Or should i just used 95/98 Premium Unleaded?

I've never used E10 before, where can i get it cos it's not 91 RON with 10% Ethanol is it?. Or should i just used 95/98 Premium Unleaded?

That is e10. Use whatever suits your budget as you won't see much of a difference between the choices available

Word of warning - 91 RON E10 isn't normal 91 RON petrol with 10% ethanol added, it's petrol with 10% ethanol added which bumps it UP to 91 RON. When they first released E10 it was 94-95 RON (based off regular 91, because the ethanol bumps up the octane rating), so if 10% ethanol bumps the RON rating up by 3-4 points then I shudder to think at what crappy brew they use which requires 10% just to get it TO 91 RON.

Personally, I avoid the stuff like the plague. You get next to no savings from it (even though it's cheaper, you use more), and on a high-compression engine like a 2ZZ in a Sportivo I'd be using 95 minimum, if not 98 (EDIT - realised too late that the OP means a Camry Sportivo, not a Corolla...). I'd even hazard a guess that the E10-compatible sticker is referring to the old 95 E10, not the new 91 E10 (the system can handle the 10% ethanol content, but not the low RON rating)

Why can't it says Premium Unleaded only makes it easier like in the Lexuses. I'm tempted to use Regular Unleaded but just scared it's not suitable for the car.

Why can't it says Premium Unleaded only makes it easier like in the Lexuses. I'm tempted to use Regular Unleaded but just scared it's not suitable for the car.

just use it <_<

You aren't driving a Ferrari V12.

e10/Unleaded/Premium. take your pick

Fuel lid says E10 usable but what should i really me using?

You aren't driving a Ferrari V12.

e10/Unleaded/Premium. take your pick

You could use all of these "rip off fuels" or you could just run it on kero.

But seriously, run it on the fuel you can afford.

Over the years I have found that in general - if I need to use non premo petrol - 91 over E10 everytime, without fail. E10 is good but the ethanol makes it burn too quickly. You get more for your dollar but don't really save anything as it burns a little bit faster... and slightly better milage my experience...

If i have to use premium fuel, 98 - 100 RON over 95 everytime... chances are you are putting it in a turbo car, or a car that you really want to look after... for 3c a litre why be cheap and shorten the life of your engine? And providing you stay off the right pedal too much you get EXCELLENT fuel economy... as bogan as this will sound - my 1987 VL Commodore I used to run on V-Power 100% octane and get approximately 750 - 800 kms out of a tank... on 95 it used to get about 600, 91 - 540kms, and E10 it used to get 450kms and run like crap...

That's just my advice...

• 3 weeks later...

So i decided to test use E10 and found so far the guage L/100km goes wild. the consumption is around 12.3L/100kms whereas on 95RON it's 10.3L/100kms.

I will after this tank use 95RON.