'10 COROLLA LEVIN ZR

am2228

Hey guys, this is my first car :)

Current 13/6/13

Interior

Kenwood Headunit DDX4031BT Replaced!

- Pioneer Headunit AVH-X8500BHS (Imported from the US)

Pioneer 400Watt RMS Sub + Amp Removed!

Exterior

Tinted windows

Slim window visors

Painted stock Levin ZR wheels black

Painted brake calipers red

Painted grille black

Auris badge

Netz badge

Custom plates

Black shark fin antenna

Lights (A lot of 6000K here :P)

6000K temp LED foggies

6000K temp LED parkers

6000K temp LED rear plates

6000K temp LED interior

Latest

DRLs

- Quad halos

- Audi-style LED strips

Quad-projector bi xenon headlamp retrofit (6000K temp bulbs)

In the beginning......

img1979tx.jpg
img1976tn.jpg
img1985y.jpg
Edited by am2228

welcome to the club dude,

by the looks of your rego sticker, you seem to be in VIC ;) come join us in our meets

P-Plate represent :D !

edit: :g: where did you get titted windows ? i want tits on my windows too :lol: !!

17" Kappa Wheels (I tried reading up on tyres and fitting but I'm still confused!)

17" Kappas should be fitted with 225/45R17

18" Wheels, (the 18" Kappas do fit the Corolla) should be fitted with 225/40R18

• Like 1

Welcome dude, and nice clean corolla you got there :)

edit: :g: where did you get titted windows ? i want tits on my windows too :lol: !!

LOL i think we all would like "tits" on our windows Jeffy :P

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :D

HAHAHAH! Sorry about that. You know what I meant :P What are the meetups about and how often do they occur? Sounds like fun :)

17" Kappas should be fitted with 225/45R17

18" Wheels, (the 18" Kappas do fit the Corolla) should be fitted with 225/40R18

Any ideas on which kind of tyres I should get? Which would you recommend- the 17" or 18"?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :D

HAHAHAH! Sorry about that. You know what I meant :P What are the meetups about and how often do they occur? Sounds like fun :)

There's one about to happen on tuesday garage cafe .. finalizing stuffs ..keep an eye out on this thread ->

Could somebody point me in the right direction for the tyres I should be looking at?

At the moment, I'm looking at these (17" Kappa)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-TOYOTA-COROLLA-KAPPA-ALLOY-WHEELS-17X7-SET-4-/270730361897?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f08c97c29#ht_1844wt_1180

According to the seller, they're best suited with 225/45R17 91H

Are there brands that I should be avoiding? Some have the description of 'best suited for racing/performance' but I'm not a hoon. LOL. I'm just looking for something that will make a smooth and comfortable drive.

I've enquired my local Toyota dealer about the price and I think they said around 1.5k+ just for the wheels. Does this sound right?

Could somebody point me in the right direction for the tyres I should be looking at?

At the moment, I'm looking at these (17" Kappa)

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_1844wt_1180

According to the seller, they're best suited with 225/45R17 91H

Are there brands that I should be avoiding? Some have the description of 'best suited for racing/performance' but I'm not a hoon. LOL. I'm just looking for something that will make a smooth and comfortable drive.

I've enquired my local Toyota dealer about the price and I think they said around 1.5k+ just for the wheels. Does this sound right?

The above link is the price you should be paying for the wheels from a Toyota Dealer (That ebay link is from a large Sydney Toyota Dealership)

Kumho KU27 - These tyres are silent and comfortable, have a long tread life, and they are very cheap!

Kumho KU31 - These tyres have more grip, but are noiser, and a bit more expensive.

If you just want a smooth and comfortable tyre, go for the KU27! (I don't think you will be able to get a better price than from the above link, but do ask around at you local tyre stores!)

The above link is the price you should be paying for the wheels from a Toyota Dealer (That ebay link is from a large Sydney Toyota Dealership)

Kumho KU27 - These tyres are silent and comfortable, have a long tread life, and they are very cheap!

Kumho KU31 - These tyres have more grip, but are noiser, and a bit more expensive.

If you just want a smooth and comfortable tyre, go for the KU27! (I don't think you will be able to get a better price than from the above link, but do ask around at you local tyre stores!)

Thanks for that! In comparison to other brands like say Bridgestone, Dunlop etc. what are the advantages of getting this brand? And as for installation, would a Toyota Dealer do it for me? Or are there stores that would do it for much cheaper? I live in the western suburbs btw :D

Thanks for that! In comparison to other brands like say Bridgestone, Dunlop etc. what are the advantages of getting this brand? And as for installation, would a Toyota Dealer do it for me? Or are there stores that would do it for much cheaper? I live in the western suburbs btw :D

Bridgestone/Dunlop/Good Year, if you go ask a tyre store, would be nearly double the price per tyre. Main advantage is price.

Toyota will be able to install it all, for a fee. Any tyre store would be able to do it as well, for less.

welcome to the forum!! I've got the KU31 on my car (17's). Hugs the road like glue but like someone said they are a bit on the noisy side :( (just put your music on lol)

I'm looking at replacing the front Toyota emblem with the Japanese one.

On eBay, I've found these two. They look exactly the same from what I can see in the photo but there's a price difference of $30. The seller states that one's for the prefacelift Auris ($50) and one's for the facelift Auris ($80).

The seller doesn't state the size of the emblems but does anybody here know for sure that one's bigger than the other?

Prefacelift Japanese Emblem

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-JAPAN-GENUINE-AURIS-FRONT-EMBLEM-BADGE-06-09-COROLLA-LEVIN-ZR-HATCHBACK-/150717251602?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231772c012#ht_1679wt_1180

Facelift Japanese Emblem

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200625763385?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1681wt_1180

ALSO, I'm thinking about getting this. What do you guys think? :P

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270782006613?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3100wt_1062

I'm looking at replacing the front Toyota emblem with the Japanese one.

On eBay, I've found these two. They look exactly the same from what I can see in the photo but there's a price difference of $30. The seller states that one's for the prefacelift Auris ($50) and one's for the facelift Auris ($80).

Rebadging ZRE

The Netz badge is less than 1cm smaller (all around) than the facelift ZRE badge. Here's a few images:

dsc6785b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! It's been a while since I last posted. I contemplated between getting new wheels or some in-car entertainment. My brother convinced me to get the latter. Also, not really a huge mod but I thought those Le Mans Toyota plate frames had to go and black frames were pretty common. So instead, I got these silver ones to match the car colour hehehe

The headunit is a Kenwood DDX4038BT. I'm pretty satisfied with it so far as it's got all the usual MP3, USB input, auxiliary input and bluetooth! etc.

The sub and amp are Pioneers. JB Hi-Fi had a crazy 30% sale on all car sound products!

Anyway, here are some pics :)

img0168hb.jpgimg0171k.jpgimg0175zw.jpgimg0176jh.jpgimg0173ll.jpgimg0172cz.jpg