P Plate Speeding

So, I got done tonight for two things.

Not displaying P Plates front and back. $232 fine and

Speeding 55km/h in Work Zone (40km/h)

The cop said I will get a notice on the mail in regards to speeding.

My question is will I lose my licence for 3 months for P Plate Speeding?

(He didn't do it on the spot, but is it still possible?)

Cheers

I don't know how your system works so I can't comment there but I wonder why he wouldn't issue it on the spot. If you do get a fine in the mail though, I would imagine your penalty would still be the same and the suspension would apply.

On that note, I just had a look at that whole suspension things if you are a P-Plater and get a speeding offence. That's pretty crazy.

RTA in NSW state that:

Learner and P1 drivers can kiss their licence goodbye for at least three months if they get four or more demerit points over three years.

P2 drivers face losing their right to drive if they get seven or more points. And once an unrestricted licence driver reaches 13 demerit points, they’ll be finding other ways to get around.

The best and simplest way to avoid demerit points is to always drive or ride safely and sensibly.

- Fine for not displaying plates is $232 and 2 demerit points

- Fine for More than 10km/h but less than 20km/h, P-plate or L-plate holder, NON-school zone is $243 and 4 points.

If you are on your P1 you've technically lost it, if you are on your P2 you're dancing on thin ice.

:unsure: damnnn i thought it was just for no plates shown. Shiiiiii driving on 1 point lolz, when do you get your fulls?? *sigh* I remember the good old days of driving on 1 point >_>

:unsure: damnnn i thought it was just for no plates shown. Shiiiiii driving on 1 point lolz, when do you get your fulls?? *sigh* I remember the good old days of driving on 1 point >_>

9 months, 9 long months indeed.

wow dude. how much would the total fine end up adding to lol? Rich man I assume you are :P

Im guessing around $500 ish. Rich in fines :(

• 3 weeks later...

i did not like being pulled over

last time we were going the other way it was night

i put my foot down and ran away saw the flashing lights and left them behind

but i only done that once :) dont think i do it agan lol

Edited by remo

As long as you didn't argue with them and just agreed/put on the innocent guy act your most likely fine.

Been pulled over few times before and they say we'll send it in the mail. It's more of a scare tactic and ontop he already did you for no plates, so hopefully not.. but there are some ***** cops out there..

Goodluck with it, the curiosity is the worst lol

Edit: Yeah on reds it's automatic loss for 3 months which sucks because you can do 5 over or 100 over and its 3 months

Edited by Brendan94

i did not like being pulled over

last time we were going the other way it was night

i put my foot down and ran away saw the flashing lights and left them behind

but i only done that once :) dont think i do it agan lol

Bahahah drug dealer? :P lol

Nah man it sucks getting pulled over but its only when you do something stupid!! I regret it. But now I've learnt my lesson. I've got done 3 times already and now I've lost my license for 3 months. Won't be doing this again.

And yeah what Brendan said, don't argue. Be nice and whatever to them. Yeah there are good cops and bad ones but in the end its all about $$$$

General Duty cops are generally your best bet for getting out of a fine if you do okay on the "attitude" test - apologising, well mannered etc. Denying it when you know they've got you is almost a guaranteed ticket, but I strongly suggest you don't admit guilt. It's a small line to tread but basically most cops WILL ticket you upon an admission.

"Oh I didn't know, but I'll take your word for it I'm very sorry sir" is a good example of how to avoid admitting it but without openly denying it.

Traffic cops on the other hand will always give you a ticket if they're able to, your attitude means nothing. Will these guys denying it is the only chance you have. I was stopped recently for "making an illegal U turn" however I was lucky enough to have enough knowledge of the road rules to trap him on a technicality so no ticket. Saying they might still get a ticket in the mail is 99% of the time just their way to walk away whilst trying to keep the high ground.

Also, at least in Qld, if for an intercept the Cop starts using his notebook, you can be fairly certain you've escaped the ticket (most times), as the same information they would use for a "street check" also goes on the ticket so most won't double up the work.

• 2 weeks later...

You should be fine i got done almost a year ago just as i got on my P2 i was doing 107km/h in a 70km/h zone.. IThe cops i got were pretty good they put me down for 28km/h so i didnt lose my licence. But i also was missing one p plate aswell so that was another 1 point and the $$$. The officers kindly defected me for every little thing the could find... ( no H pattern, exhaust, too low, pod, computer etc....) So in other words you should be fine i still got my licence with minimal points left just take it easy no point in losing your p's and having to start again that is why i drive like a granny ( 3 month til my fulls!!)