Help noob w/4AGTE 4WD build

JedzWagn

Hi guys.

Posting from Melbourne

(PrettyCoolWagon on Toymods).

asked a lot of questions over the years, bought gear, both tools and cars and engines etc.. more to go no doubt as I follow this passion..

I have 3 corolla AE95 4WD wagons and as many engines but this thread is about a 4AGZE turbo conversion.

I don't know anyone in my immediate area who can lend a hand, talk me through the finer points etc. so.. until I do.. you guys are it.

So far I've worked on my own.. experience goes as far as fitting new headers, re-doing timing belt, dropping out a 4afe engine, stripping down 7afe and getting some machining done on it, swapping over rear suspension from one wagon to another, currently doing the same with the exhaust system...

Back ground is in general building maintenance and metal fabrication ..but I don't know much about the finer points of engine re-building and re-wiring. The intention is to do as much as I can. Reached that stage where I just want to build the damn thing, ..figure, I'll just get started.. post my progress on here and ask questions when I get stuck..

I've zero experience with turbo conversions, so go slow for me.

I've read about, fuel pressure regulators, boost guage's, larger fuel pumps, aftermarket ECU's and so on but I don't really know what order and process to bring it all together in..

Bought a JDM AE92 smallport GZE engine with original LSD FWD gearbox attached (will be removed) It's already been fitted out for turbo. (unfinished project.)

Came with a 2nd hand Garret T25 and cast top mount turbo manifold (that I don't want..) Oil return has been plumbed into the sump ..and it's been fitted out with oil filter re-location using braided hoses. A couple of other hoses have been fitted.. adjustments to the water pipe on the intake side..

Not so great at internet either, how do I get pic's up instead of thumbnails? Is there a free hosting site most people like to use?

Immediate goals.

Drop out 4afe

Compression test 4agze

Get turbz mani made up

Remove C-series box and fit re-built E-series.. Considering using different gears from another E-series.. Something more streetable. AE95 has very low ratioed 1st and 2nd gears. Open to discussion on this..

Cheers.

Jed

post-29367-0-00360600-1351952921_thumb.j

Edited by JedzWagn

as the boys said, twincam.org.au would be your best source of info. PLENTY of 4agte nutters on there. :)

thats not to say that the guys on here wouldnt be able to help! there is just more direct knowledge of your job on twincam.org.au.

Thanks all,

(You guys seem to all know each other??)

^^Who's Matt?^^

Actually strange twist of fate ..had Mick come over to check out my projects after I unknowingly bought a part of him on ebay and we got to talking.. great guy/z ( ..his buddy came over and has got an AE95 too.)

His knowledge of the AE95 & 4AGE engine's pretty solid, ..but he's not the go to man for turbo..

Have posted same thread on club4ag and will do as you guys have suggested and post on twin cam as well.

Can't hurt to get a bit of feed back from different areas.

Will keep a progress update on here too

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys,

Made contact with all those guys and progressing slowly now that x-mas/new year holidays etc have past..

Engine's out.

Short on funds, so trying to make a decisionbased on what I have available.

4AGTE I bought had blown a gasket, and as I don't have an engine management for turbo ATM, starting to change my mind and thinking I'll just put in a stragjit GZE bigport I've got that comp tested well, perhaps with an SC14 stapped to it..

http://s1274.beta.photobucket.com/user/JedzWagn/media/gun-metal%20wagon/080220131355_zps8e846632.jpg.html