2ZZGE INTAKE PLENUM + RUNNERS PORTING??

redtivo

So i've been reading up on the porting of the intake plenum and intake runners on the 2zzge to net gains, Has anyone done this on the forum? and if so where and how much for in Sydney?

Alternatively, anyone know of custom intake manifold other than the D&D research ones?

i pulled mine down and matched the ports up in the middle join of my sportivo plenum, the holes wherent even lined up properly from factory, its all i have ever driven on so i cant tell you if it made a difference or not sorry!

• 5 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

if you want an intake manifold for a 2zz ive got one, im in sydney in gladesville

the one i have has had 60km driven only :P

came off a lotus, guy had driven from dealership to get a supercharger kit installed

Have you actually got that fitted? if so let me know where u got it done and how did u have to remap the ECU to mafless, Im trying to find a corolla plenum as it has the joint so u can separate the runners from the plenum.

Lol, I was considering boosting, but just need to find a kit, did u have to do any internal engine work?

and did u have to do get it engineered? gladesville is pretty close, wouldnt mind meeting up to check out your car sometime

where abouts are you

my engine has been upgraded, decomp pistons new bearings simple stuff but allows boost with having to worry about detonation with the high compression its engineered in qld but dont have the cert for nsw

Lol, I was considering boosting, but just need to find a kit, did u have to do any internal engine work?

and did u have to do get it engineered? gladesville is pretty close, wouldnt mind meeting up to check out your car sometime

Pffft why would u wanna look at that celica when u can check out a modded sportivo :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

hahaha j/k Lylee ..... latest pics make ur beast look good. Check out my ride thread in my signature for sportivo specific stuff

I would also suggest reading this write up - http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/26862-force-feeding-your-corolla-have-a-read/

U aint ever going to find a kit that is going to fit the stivo .... if ur not prepared to do any R&D then dont start modifying this car beyond bolt ons.

if u do any of this sort of stuff u r gonna need to get it engineered

Im pushing out almost 250kw's at the wheel and thats what u can expect if you f/i it with all the bells n whistles & so if u dont deal with the additional upgrades required to support that sort of power & get it to pass engineering then it simply aint safe for u n those around u.

Like i said above .... read my other thread and have a good thought about things because its really painful to quit a project half way through bcuz of lack of planning.

Pffft why would u wanna look at that celica when u can check out a modded sportivo :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

hahaha j/k Lylee ..... latest pics make ur beast look good. Check out my ride thread in my signature for sportivo specific stuff

I would also suggest reading this write up - http://au.toyotaowne...la-have-a-read/

U aint ever going to find a kit that is going to fit the stivo .... if ur not prepared to do any R&D then dont start modifying this car beyond bolt ons.

if u do any of this sort of stuff u r gonna need to get it engineered

Im pushing out almost 250kw's at the wheel and thats what u can expect if you f/i it with all the bells n whistles & so if u dont deal with the additional upgrades required to support that sort of power & get it to pass engineering then it simply aint safe for u n those around u.

Like i said above .... read my other thread and have a good thought about things because its really painful to quit a project half way through bcuz of lack of planning.

as we were talking about last meet if you are planning something as big as a supercharged or turbocharged conversion you gotta budget for everything and over quote. you need to look at part prices, shipping, exchange rates, import taxes, labour, tuning, oils and lubes

nuts bolts gaskets clamps and then keep an extra 5k or so for unknowns. that is if you want to cover all bases, even as far as bill did and get a second car if you rely upon your pride and joy as a daily driver as time is one big factor too. as bill said a car that is being developed isnt going to make money for the shops the geet the small quick jobs that make them the most money. so dont expect it back unless your happy to be charged a premium.

in all honesty it is a massive task to do something like this as a person without much technical know how. but bill is very good to use as a resource as with his knowlege into r&d of the corollas and myself with celicas and corollas. im always happy to help out with anything. any questions u can sms me 0458000699 and ill get back to you asap

Im just keen to find out who does 2zzge engine refreshes in Syd if say I wanted to get the valve train built or new block.

Further, Im keen to find out who does custom fabrication in Syd if I wanted to get a new plenum built and welded up