Will Toyota ever make a 2litre Corolla Hatch ?

jsta

My Toyota is the Corolla Hatch Auto bought December 2011 as what I thought was a new car.

Its only 1.6 litre and gee wiz you can certainly see the difference in say a Ford Focus Hatch 2 litre

which zooms up our steep hill compared to my car which struggles up the hill.

My nephew has a Ford Focus and its quite good. Its lower down than my car so I would prefer the Corolla on that alone

as its easier vwhen say turning left and a 4wd comes up to turn right I can then see throgh the 4wd windows to see if

the road is clear.

Why Can't Toyota do what the public wants. A 5 speed auto Corolla that is a 2 litre engine.

Will we ever see a 2 litre model ?

Are there any future plans ?

Edited by jsta

My Toyota is the Corolla Hatch Auto bought December 2011 as what I thought was a new car.

Its only 1.6 litre and gee wiz you can certainly see the difference in say a Ford Focus Hatch 2 litre

which zooms up our steep hill compared to my car which struggles up the hill.

My nephew has a Ford Focus and its quite good. Its lower down than my car so I would prefer the Corolla on that alone

as its easier vwhen say turning left and a 4wd comes up to turn right I can then see throgh the 4wd windows to see if

the road is clear.

Why Can't Toyota do what the public wants. A 5 speed auto Corolla that is a 2 litre engine.

Will we ever see a 2 litre model ?

Are there any future plans ?

Are you sure you bought an Australian model? All ADM Corollas have been 1.8L (except for the 2.0L ZRE Ultima) since 1999

the zre152 sedan has the 2.0L engine and is auto as well. the 1.8L ZRE152 and the new ZRE182 hatch manual has more power than the 2.0L auto sedan.

that being said there isn't really much of a difference between the 2 engines. difference is like 4 kw which u won't even feel.

Gyp (often spelled jip, past tense gypped) - to cheat, swindle or rip off. Considered to derive from gypsy, who are classic stereotypical con-artists and thieves

Pretty sure you got a 1.8L Corolla ZRE152 if you bought it in Australia.

Yes looking at the inside cover with the car rego info and it has the mdoel as a 1.8 litre.

Can't believe its so slow at going up a hill. My nephews 2 litre ford focus zooms up the hill.

1.8L/2L, 3.6L, doesn't matter different builds different power. Corolla sportivo smashes 2L's out there and their only 1.8. My 2L sss goes up and smashes commo's it's up with v8's,but it's a turbo so yeh.. Lol

Gyp (often spelled jip, past tense gypped) - to cheat, swindle or rip off. Considered to derive from gypsy, who are classic stereotypical con-artists and thieves

oh i am enlightened.

You didn't test drive a couple of cars before your purchase? If you think the market wanted a 5 speed auto with a 2L engine, why didn't you buy one, vote with your feet and such?

I still don't know why toyota didn't bring the Blade here when it was in production. 3.5L Corolla would be a weapon, especially with the 2GR-FE. Toyota's market research is poor at best.

can we just say we don't buy toyotas for their power? (2JZs aside :P)

My previous 1994 Toyota Corolla auto hatch took off more quickly and didn't rev like this one does when pressing the accelerator pedal to quickly.

Don't get me wrong its a great car but does have things that could have been done much better.

I paid $27,000 for mine (less $3000 for trade in from my old Toyota Corolla Auto Hatch).

My knowledge of cars isn't good, in fact its pathetic. My brother on the other hand lives and breathes cars.

I was tricked by the sales people when I bought the car. Was suppose to be a new one but have that in another post so won't go over old ground here. That thread is on this link below.

http://au.toyotaowne...inside-the-car/

I did try out a Coroilla which I thought was a new one and turned out it was an old demo model and because my lack of knowledge with cars well I got tricked but that is life. The car I tried had better vision where the car I have is slightly different and a wider car and easier to park. My model the doors are curved going downwards where the one I tried was virtually a straight drop downwards making the car thinner and easier to park.

Overall I'm happy with my car. It does a few new things which I quite like and posted that in here many times before.

Edited by jsta

Overall I'm happy with my car. It does a few new things which I quite like and posted that in here many times before.

Really? All I see is you p-issing and moaning about how big the pillars are, how the mirrors distort the image and how you are unable to drive an easy to drive vehicle, despite your 30 years of driving experience.

Really? All I see is you p-issing and moaning about how big the pillars are, how the mirrors distort the image and how you are unable to drive an easy to drive vehicle, despite your 30 years of driving experience.

Yes really. Like I said all modern new cars have these wider pillars. Maybe at some future point in time when more people get killed in car accidents they'll re look at the design of these cars. I really can't understand the logic of building a car where the driver can't see the front of the car. Its not just Toyota doing this either. Many brands have the bonnet slopping down to quickly to make it look more sporty.

And if more people complained about it then maybe something would be done about it.

Yes really. Like I said all modern new cars have these wider pillars. Maybe at some future point in time when more people get killed in car accidents they'll re look at the design of these cars. I really can't understand the logic of building a car where the driver can't see the front of the car. Its not just Toyota doing this either. Many brands have the bonnet slopping down to quickly to make it look more sporty.

And if more people complained about it then maybe something would be done about it.

The bonnet sloping is not about sportiness. It's about the crumble points on the vehicle if an accident were to happen, aerodynamics and probably various other reasons. Car manufacturers don't build cars they way they are to be unsafe etc. Pillars these days also house pillar airbags. All these gadgets make drivers lazy and reliant on technology to help them park the car or notice other vehicles, etc. That's possibly a reason why you notice so many drivers who can't park etc. Because people are just getting lazy.

Maybe go ask these people you see who can't park why they can't. Takes one person to start something if you believe that you have "ground to stand on" that these car manufacturers are doing it wrong.

Same goes with why Toyota won't bring out a 2L variant. Could be the market target, fuel economy, reliability, costs. etc. Anyway Corolla autos always lack in the power/performance area. The manuals aren't that bad. Perhaps Toyota's ambition is maintaining reliability or keeping within it's market.

• Like 1

The bonnet sloping is not about sportiness. It's about the crumble points on the vehicle if an accident were to happen, aerodynamics and probably various other reasons. Car manufacturers don't build cars they way they are to be unsafe etc. Pillars these days also house pillar airbags. All these gadgets make drivers lazy and reliant on technology to help them park the car or notice other vehicles, etc. That's possibly a reason why you notice so many drivers who can't park etc. Because people are just getting lazy.

Maybe go ask these people you see who can't park why they can't. Takes one person to start something if you believe that you have "ground to stand on" that these car manufacturers are doing it wrong.

Same goes with why Toyota won't bring out a 2L variant. Could be the market target, fuel economy, reliability, costs. etc. Anyway Corolla autos always lack in the power/performance area. The manuals aren't that bad. Perhaps Toyota's ambition is maintaining reliability or keeping within it's market.

I don't quite get your theory about people being to lazy. Why is it lazy when one can't even see the front of the car. How on earth is anyone suppose to park a car when they can't see the front of the car. The only ones making money out of all this is the car cam companies who have seen a market for people needing to park their cars.

Some car manufacturers have gone much further and have built in car cams at the front and rear along with a computer which will park the car itself which is quite amazing. Its all because of poor desin in the first place. There are more accidents on the two front corners of these cars than any other place which says everything.

I don't allow my car to be hit in a car park by parking right in the middle of two car bays. I'm so sick of cars hitting the front corner of my car or parking to darn close where when they open the car doors they always manage to chip some paint of my car.

The other day I was sitting in my car and just amking sure I bought everything and another older car came so close it was almost as if they were aiming at my car. The passenger called out to hhis partner to say someone was in ther car then they took a wider way in. Its almost as if people with older cars try to damage people with newer cars.

My old car never was hit by any other car in a car park or anywhere else because it was a much thinner car. These later models are very wide indeed.

Been told they are making cars wider because the population is getting fatter.

I don't quite get your theory about people being to lazy. Why is it lazy when one can't even see the front of the car. How on earth is anyone suppose to park a car when they can't see the front of the car. The only ones making money out of all this is the car cam companies who have seen a market for people needing to park their cars.

Like I said in the other thread, you don't NEED to see the front of the car to know where it is. You have binocular vision and a brain for a reason - you can determine distance and size (and don't give me any crap about distortion, we're talking about looking through a 1.5x1m pane of flat freaking glass here). The car doesn't magically grow overnight, the extremities are always the same distance away from you. Thus, when parking you don't look at YOUR car, you look at how far away the OTHER cars are. That car that is 3m ahead of you? No worries, the front of your bonnet is 2m away so you won't hit it if you nudge forward a little. That car behind you, you can still see a part of it's bonnet in your rear view mirror, right? Good, that means you've still got a little way to go before it gets too tight. Are the other cars sticking out onto the road a bit more than you? Better use your side mirror to make sure you're not about to hit the gutter.

And if you're so damn paranoid about running into things, get some freaking parking poles (they're fully hektic JDM-yo) and look like a granny. If you still run into things then (or park 5m away because you're so scared), then I'll send you enough money for a bus fare to go to the RTA and cancel your license, because you shouldn't be driving.

Some car manufacturers have gone much further and have built in car cams at the front and rear along with a computer which will park the car itself which is quite amazing. Its all because of poor desin in the first place. There are more accidents on the two front corners of these cars than any other place which says everything.

Not poor design, poor driver skill and laziness. And you know why there is more damage to the front corners? BECAUSE CARS GO FORWARDS 99% OF THE TIME. When you go forwards, you hit things in front of you, causing damage to the front of the car.

I don't allow my car to be hit in a car park by parking right in the middle of two car bays.

The funny thing is, whilst you are less likely to be hit by parking in between two bays, you are much more likely to get keyed for being a douche (and fined for parking illegally too) :P

Its almost as if people with older cars try to damage people with newer cars.

You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you