Why do new cars have poor visibility and blind spots ?

jsta

Why the need to swear to get your point across. I do not get the youth of today.

Yeah those bloody whipper snappers, always swearing. You should wash their mouth out with soap, or take them out to the woodshed for 7 lashings with the cane. ^_^

I've read your other threads as well and honestly don't get how you were tricked into selling a car. I'm actually curious lol.

The car couldn't have had a different interior (which you state) unless it's a different model? I

Or did you test drive the sedan when you bought the hatch back? Since the ZRE hatch and sedan had slight interior differences

I honestly don't get how you didn't realise it wasn't the car you ordered/requested.

It was still the same colour/transmission/model right?

Back to your original topic, car designs evolve every day. If you want all those little things you're winging about, get a 20 year old car. They are shaped like a box and you will see whatever part of the car you want. I wouldn't want to know what happens when someone t-bone's you or crashes you head on.

Car designers and Engineers have moved on...your idea of safety is much different to others. Putting up flags, getting handle bars or whatever you suggested, they just sound stupid...

Unless you are exaggerating a lot, I bet my 8 year old brother could park closer to a petrol fill up pump than you.

Corollas usually never have all the little extra gadgets like cameras to keep costs down. I haven't checked but Corolla is usually one of the cheaper small-medium sized cars you can get. If you want all those gadgets you'll have to fork out a little more for a Civic/Focus/Mazda 3 etc...

Every car has different dimensions. Some cars have longer hoods, some cars have longer rears...you just have to adjust. No matter what you complain about here nothing is going to change how you feel about your car. It doesn't seem like anybody else is having the troubles you are experiencing.

Seriously, put a large cardboard box in front of your car and slowly drive into it. When the car nudges the cardboard box, you will know exactly where you should be looking. Do the same for the rear and side as well since you're having trouble getting close to petrol pumps.

Edited by rich70

So you are saying when you buy anything you take it out and inspect it before buying. They must love in stores. lol.

If it is something of value, of course I do (I'm not going to ask the checkout chick at Woolies to open the packet of TimTams to make sure that I got the full 11). I bought a ~$1k DSLR camera package just before Christmas, and I made sure that the contents of the box matched what I wanted before I left the store. If I was buying a car, I would check to make sure that the VIN/spec etc matched what I had ordered, new or used. There is an old Latin saying that is very appropriate to car buyers - Caveat Emptor; let the buyer beware. Basically not only is it the seller's responsibility to supply the goods as described, it is also up to the buyer to confirm that they are receiving what they want. In a lot of transactions, the act of payment, delivery or package-opening is enough for the buyer to accept liability and thus void right of return

I've read your other threads as well and honestly don't get how you were tricked into selling a car. I'm actually curious lol.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I was buying a new car.

I wasn't selling a car.

My car has paint stains all through it along with scratch marks which I'v eposted a few times in here.

Here is the image again.

post-30788-0-96771600-1353755395_thumb.j

When they sell their cars you pay them and then you are taken out back to their hanger area and then you drive it off.

It did not even occur to me to look over the car. I signed a contract thinging I was suppose to get a brand new car and

who would have thought about lookingh inside the car for paint stains.

Like I have said I know nothing about cars.

The car I test drove and the words seca on the back and was a thinner model car where the doors basically go vertically down from the top of the car where the one I have they jut out on a curved angle.

I suggest you go try one before posting again. People that have them are saying the same things in many forums.

You say your 8 year old could park it. Lets try that out. Get a camera and let him drive the 2011 model close to the petrol pump.

You pay for the damages when he hits it or can't reach the pedals.

I bet you your kid would scream like a little baby and be scared and probably go to the toilet in the car. lol.

So you are saying when you buy anything you take it out and inspect it before buying. They must love in stores. lol.

If it is something of value, of course I do (I'm not going to ask the checkout chick at Woolies to open the packet of TimTams to make sure that I got the full 11). I bought a ~$1k DSLR camera package just before Christmas, and I made sure that the contents of the box matched what I wanted before I left the store. If I was buying a car, I would check to make sure that the VIN/spec etc matched what I had ordered, new or used. There is an old Latin saying that is very appropriate to car buyers - Caveat Emptor; let the buyer beware. Basically not only is it the seller's responsibility to supply the goods as described, it is also up to the buyer to confirm that they are receiving what they want. In a lot of transactions, the act of payment, delivery or package-opening is enough for the buyer to accept liability and thus void right of return

I reckon you are a troll. No store would allow anyone to open up a sealed pack before buying.

That's rich coming from the person who couldn't even tell they were test driving a different model car to the one they wanted to buy...

And you'll be surprised what stores will do when someone is whacking a grand down on the table - I had committed to buy but hadn't paid, and wanted to make sure I was getting exactly what I was paying for. I specifically wanted to open the box in the store (we're talking Harvey Norman by the way, not some mom-and-pop corner shop) because both the printing on the Nikon box and the Harvey Norman sticker said it came with a 55-200mm lens (which is what I wanted) but it was scanning into their computer as the 55-300mm kit - so we opened the box to make sure I was getting what I wanted, then manually fixed the computer so the receipt printed what was correct and I was on my merry way. If the box contents had been wrong, then they would have been replaced for the correct ones and then it is the store's responsibility to either correct their mistake or inform their supplier of the problem.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I was buying a new car.

I wasn't selling a car.

My car has paint stains all through it along with scratch marks which I'v eposted a few times in here.

Here is the image again.

When they sell their cars you pay them and then you are taken out back to their hanger area and then you drive it off.

It did not even occur to me to look over the car. I signed a contract thinging I was suppose to get a brand new car and

who would have thought about lookingh inside the car for paint stains.

The car I test drove and the words seca on the back and was a thinner model car where the doors basically go vertically down from the top of the car where the one I have they jut out on a curved angle.

I suggest you go try one before posting again. People that have them are saying the same things in many forums.

You say your 8 year old could park it. Lets try that out. Get a camera and let him drive the 2011 model close to the petrol pump.

You pay for the damages when he hits it or can't reach the pedals.

I bet you your kid would scream like a little baby and be scared and probably go to the toilet in the car. lol.

Sorry, i typed the wrong word. I meant "I dunno how you got tricked into receiving the wrong car"

If you saw paint stains, wouldn't the 1st thing to do is to go back to the dealer, and ask "WTF is wrong with my (and highlight) NEW car?!?!"

Or did you just go "oh...damn it's got paint stains...I must be unlucky...I'll just sit at home and not do anything about it."

There's nothing wrong with having little knowledge about cars. It's worrying when your IQ is just as low.

I do actually drive the Corolla in your picture. You drive the 07-11 model which is the ZRE. I know because my door looks exactly the same. Do you think i'm making up sh*t?

I also drive the older one, 02-06 Corolla which has 'SECA' written on the back. That is the older generation.

Since you're so stubborn and pretty much won't listen to any opinions in this thread, do you want proof that I actually drive both Corollas? =)

Also,

you misunderstood. I said my 8 year old brother.

and LOL I am quite confident my brother won't put a single scratch on the car and be well within 2 metres from the pump.

Give him an hour's practice to learn how to turn the steering wheel, shift between D and R, and he'll be parking nicer than you ^_^

Edited by rich70

We going on about the paint stains again? I wouldn't of picked up the car in this state :/

You obviously have never bought a new car.

First off you sign a contract and give them a deposit and you can't just go in there check it out and have the cash and buy then and there.

Its not done that way. Rego plates all take time to put into your name. Then a few days later you go in with the bank cheque and buy the car.

There is a whole lot of things to sign. They come out with a yellow packet with the car keys in it then off to the back area where the car was under a hanger area.

Then you drive off.

Next time I go to buy a new car I'll take a hidden camera with me. All the lies they do and my mistake was taking them at their word.

I just didn't think a toyota dealer would even take the risk of doing that. I've since discovered many other disgrunted people that have bought from them.

We live and we learn.

Another site has taken my cause up and is going to post the car yard in question along with all the emails and letters to and from the car yard.

I won't post the car yard in here. That may get me banned from posting so won't do that. I won't post the forum that is doing that as its not fair to the owners of this forum. Ethics 101.

It will get sorted out long term I hope.

Bingo!

And they took perfect advange over this but like I said I've since discovered many others that knew more about cars than I did and they too been stung by them. One chap took his car in for service and just gone past the warranty period. He took it in for a service and picked up the car. Being a DR he was driving out to a patient and his car simply stopped. Called out the RAC road assistance people and found that the radiator had been drained which is why the car wasn't moving. They filled it up but damage was done. He was advised to drop the car in and order them to fix the damage caused by this. They agreed and then he goes to pick up the car and is asked to pay $1500. He told them they should pay and what happens next is a group of 5 big tall blokes surround him and intimidate him to pay the $1500. He no longer has his car serviced at any toyota dealer. He gets a mechanic friend to service his car and at a fraction of the price.

First off you sign a contract and give them a deposit and you can't just go in there check it out and have the cash and buy then and there.

Its not done that way. Rego plates all take time to put into your name. Then a few days later you go in with the bank cheque and buy the car.

There is a whole lot of things to sign. They come out with a yellow packet with the car keys in it then off to the back area where the car was under a hanger area.

Then you drive off.

Next time I go to buy a new car I'll take a hidden camera with me. All the lies they do and my mistake was taking them at their word.

I just didn't think a toyota dealer would even take the risk of doing that. I've since discovered many other disgrunted people that have bought from them.

He may not have but I recently did.

post-14703-0-34916500-1358514920_thumb.j

Purchased in July 2012, Yaris YR. You are right about everything RE: purchasing process except:

- There aren't a 'whole lot of things' to sign. You sign a few documents but nothing excessive or in any serious quantity to confuse a normal person or even my 73 year old father. Nothing unnecessary either; I would like to have on record my acknowledgement of interest to purchase/price negotiation, receipt of deposit, signing the purchase contract, reciept of outstanding balance (and not in our case but I do believe you would need to sign ANOTHER form if you were to choose finance).

- There is another sheet where the salesman and you go through the ENTIRE car. Ticking off a checklist once you are happy with things, which includes exterior and interior items.

- The salesman will give you a quick rundown on how to operate the vehicle (should you be unfamiliar, such as my father) + a quick debrief of the manual.

- Once the checklist is complete, both salesman and purchaser sign the form then the keys are handed over.

- About a week later you may get a call from the salesman asking about how things are going and he may even go and visit your business in person to see.

That was my first car purchase and I didn't do any research into how to buy a car. I mean, who parts with $20k + and doesn't check what they bought?

I'd say it's commonsense but it can't be if so many people don't have it.

And as for the test drive... God. Why would you not pickup on the very things you hate now? I made sure the Yaris had everything I know it needed (good visibility, comfortable ride, easy to reach and use controls).

What was the discussion? Oh yes! the awfull design of new cars.

Its very simple, being almost a driving instructor I can tell that you might be the perfect driver but you always have to learn about the car to drive it safely.

When I was teaching my wife I was not only interested in her learning in how to drive, but to understand the car, the dimensions, how it moves and to "see" in her mind the parts she couldn´t see with the eyes. The result: she can drive from a small car to a large car, brand new or pretty old. This is because she pays attention to the limitations (including visibility, brake power and aceleration) and the advantages of the car.

We drivers are not "plug and play" in the cars, we have to adapt.

So if you have 30 yrs or so of experience, you´ll have a huge advantage in adaptation because you´ve driven cars with no ABS, no EBD, no assisted steering and drum brakes. Those, I think, had bad designs but thankfully we have today cars like the Corolla, safer and more reliable...

If you dont like your car, dont struggle, sell it or trade it. You more than anybody know that to drive a car being afraid is a ticking bomb.

Dont suffer and live long

Cheers

AB

May not have bought a new car, but don't need to to see how it all works, worked at a dealer behind the curtains for 5 years, seeing everything that goes on!

That paint protection you all buy worth a few hundred bux..., is a bottle no bigger than a juice box, that we rubb on the paint then rub off, looks shiny tho ;)

We used to have boxes of it from left overs, my rolla used to get paint protection once a few months..

If you can't even park a Corolla for those reaons then you really are a **** driver. Seriously for your sake maybe downgrade or get your eyes checked. Perhaps refresh your driving skills because your acclaimed 30 years experience can accumulate bad habits.

Seriously are you the villiage troll. You use an old car with good visability and obviously never driven these modern cars otherwise you'd know all about it.

I beg your pardon! My parents own both ZZE and ZRE sedan Corollas. I've driven both multiple times and haven't had the most difficulty that you describe. No I do not know all about it because I'm not an open book or mechanic.

We going on about the paint stains again? I wouldn't of picked up the car in this state :/

Then you drive off.

We live and we learn.

Another site has taken my cause up and is going to post the car yard in question along with all the emails and letters to and from the car yard.

I won't post the car yard in here. That may get me banned from posting so won't do that. I won't post the forum that is doing that as its not fair to the owners of this forum. Ethics 101.

It will get sorted out long term I hope.

I just don't understand how it is so difficult for you. You are the consumer and you have every right to make sure you get the product you are paying for. Commonsense would be to check the product before purchasing / on delivery.

Salesman are always going to do everything they can to sell a product. They want the commission. They will give you the contract and always point you to sign. They won't tell you to read the contract obviously. If you don't read the small print and just go ahead to sign then that's your problem. It doesn't matter whether you record what they say or whatever. It has to be in a document or in writing. Wouldn't it make sense if you are going to hand over thousands of dollars that you would want a legal document with signatures?

Voice recordings will still mean nothing. You can take them to the courts and you will most likely lose.

Oh just a suggestion jsta, learn to take criticism. Perhaps peruse what you type before posting next time because you have asked for opinions and feedback.

If you can't even park a Corolla for those reaons then you really are a **** driver. Seriously for your sake maybe downgrade or get your eyes checked. Perhaps refresh your driving skills because your acclaimed 30 years experience can accumulate bad habits.

Seriously are you the villiage troll. You use an old car with good visability and obviously never driven these modern cars otherwise you'd know all about it.

I beg your pardon! My parents own both ZZE and ZRE sedan Corollas. I've driven both multiple times and haven't had the most difficulty that you describe. No I do not know all about it because I'm not an open book or mechanic.

A sedan is NOT a Hatchback. See you know less about cars than I do. Sedans are a totally different design.

I never thought I'd see the day that someone would know less about cars than i do.

A sedan is NOT a Hatchback. See you know less about cars than I do. Sedans are a totally different design.

I never thought I'd see the day that someone would know less about cars than i do.

You're wrong, he actually does know more than you, along with pretty much every person on this forum. You are clueless and here solely to have a whinge and cry about something no-one, bar you, cares about.

Judging by your attitude the dealer was trying to get you out of their dealership as soon as possible, at any cost, I know I would.

Why thank you Captain obvious! :rolleyes: Please read my comment again. Your response has made you stand out as a complete idiot. If you still don't understand then clearly should have your licence cancelled.

Hai guise, i hev n old car... ken i hev n opinyun 2?

I jump out of my AE82 and constantly drive my parents and some of my friends cars. Im the first to be shocked by luxuries and differences from old to new. I didn't really notice the lack of visibility at all.

Ive driven everything from the new corollas, to lifted 4x4's, to a van with no rear windows other than the one right at the back.

Never had an accident, never reversed into something and never mounted a kerb.

The years of driving experience you've had means NOTHING. I know 15-17 year olds who can drive the pants off so called 'experienced' drivers.

Edited by 4ABHGE