Melbourne Drag Day - Dates

When are we going to have it?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what was the 60ft and MPH?

a sportivo with 130kw ATW would need about 300kg weight loss to crack a sub-14.

Could have been a timing error like Northy's 1ZZFE time.

edit:.. and what were this 13 second rolla's other times from the day? was it consistent or it couldn't back it up?

Edited by rollamods

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 207

Weight without Driver (KG) : 1314

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 160.06

0 - 60 (Secs) : 6.76

0 - 100 (Secs) : 17.33

60 - 100 (Secs) : 10.57

Quarter Mile (Secs) : 15.15

Terminal Speed (MPH) : 93.52

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.95

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 95.14

Using the caculator above, here are the figures it has predicted that my car would do.(the weight is with me in the car hence the extra 90kg's). :D

The times predicted seem to be fairly close to what my car could possibly run. I have not yet had the chance to get it on the strip(have to do it without my wife knowing :o )but with Lucio's car having the same mods that I have give or take, to be some 1.2 secs quicker than what the caculator predicts in a perfect environment seems to me to be A; the car is a freak with massive HP or B; a simple electronic malfunction. :(

If you've got a time slip to prove it then that's great but I've also got a supposed "speeding ticket" to say that I was speeding when I mighten have been. Maybe the radar gun was faulty with the speed it "supposedly" got me doing.

Even sophisticated computers make mistakes(or their operators ;) )

ROFL!

2.6 60ft... guestimate 130kw ATW if he's lucky, and you think it really ran a 13.7??? it's possible with a large enough shot of NOS, but if you're familar with drag racing at all, you will know the car with that power, that weight, and that 60ft time has no chance in hell of running a 13.7

You would NEED over 300HP ATW to go close to a 13 in a 1250kg FWD.

I officially call a timing error.

So what were his other runs? please include 60ft and trap speeds... slips would be good ;)

Hey guys

i just had a look at the time slip posted and compared it wid my best run for the day and i dont see how it is possible for that time....i dont think lucian or peekay would lie tho...but there must be an error or something....while comparing it to mine...i ran a flat 15...and my slip shows i was faster in everypoint to the 1000ft mark...den it onli tok lucian 600tenths of sec to reach 1/4 mile...dont think its possible...while tok me 2 secs or so...

just doesnt seem possible...dont get me wrong...i support the melb boys...but der must be an error...

cheers

It was an awesome day guys, had the best time. The time is a bit doubtful even from my own point of view, but if there is someone to blame, you cant blame Peekay for putting it up, and Northy nobody is bul****ting, its hat what the paper says, if its a mistake fine, but farken hell dont start accusing people of talking ****. I asked the guy in the timing room what could go wrong, he explained that it could have been triggered off by the other car with reflections of his wheels. Just makes you think how accurate the whole thing is, i mean we all have shiny wheels.

If you have any questions ask but dont start calling people liars. I was more surprised than anyone. Either way, our stivos are pretty fast

moderator should refrain from such terminologies as "smoking too much pot"

its obviously a time error so why take it any further.

as long as every1 has fun and has a good time theres nothing to worry about.

No use poking holes in peoples stories wen theres an error.

northy, u were calling people a liar indirectly. u said it was bs.. u seriously think we would make up bs like this? the fact is it happened, it was shown.. and a mistake was found. stuff like this happens, no need to get too serious about it. you should set a good example.

Exactly, I have nothing to gain from it all, Peekay and Anduin just said what they saw, from the time slip, it should have been another low 15 sec pass, which im wrapped i got 15.23 in another run, which was not as good as my last run, but we shall never know. The straight through pipes were awesome, but then that would make them "illegal" :D wouldnt they :P . Were lucky here in melb, good bunch of guys. Trackday next?