video: celica revving

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8,500 RPM!!! :o

What!!! i haven't even touched 8,000 RPM!!! <_<

MOTHA FREAK!!!!!!!! :blink:

Landing way in lift too.... above 6,400 but below 7,000. NICE!!! ;)

I presume that was Manual. not TIP. was it? :unsure:

Damn it! Stupid car! :angry:

-Chris

nice video :)

Shao and I have videos from the dyno run on sat but its in .mqv format (sony video) you can play it in Quicktime though. the sound is a bit off as its low compression but you get to hear the stivo scream.

Anyone interested in this????

nice video :)

Shao and I have videos from the dyno run on sat but its in .mqv format (sony video) you can play it in Quicktime though. the sound is a bit off as its low compression but you get to hear the stivo scream.

Anyone interested in this????

If you send it to me I can host it on ausxbox.com for you and link it back here for all to get :)

8500rmp!!!!!! ????? :blink: How on earth!!!?

i seem to have the same problem as XTiger now. the rev limiter kicks in at 7900rmp. sometimes it will allow me to hit just above 8000rpm but most of the time it kicks in early.

Yup, i saw a best motoring drag of the celica and it did rev to about 8200-8300rpm. I suspect 2 things:

1)The Celica with the Apexi PowerFC had the rev limit increased.

2)People with Stivos not revving fully (like me) could have gotten themselves a bad badge of fuel, Motor oil or something?

2ZZGE Sportivo who posted a vid of his Stivo revving went up to 8300rpm before shifting so our Stivos should also be able to do that. But does fuel make any difference (causing the ECU to cut revs earlier?) or maybe its the crap Motor Oil Toyota is supplying? Or maybe Spark Plugs?

Zee

Yippee!!!! i just went for a run earlier (took a few minutes off work) and it revved to 8100-8200rpm!!! yeh!

I think ambient air temp, coolant temp...etc has something to do with the rev cutout also. it may affect the way the ECU measures when cutout should occur. didn't someone say it won't let you hit lift when engine is cold. maybe the ECU is cutting out earlier at certain coolant temps. :huh:

Yippee!!!! i just went for a run earlier (took a few minutes off work) and it revved to 8100-8200rpm!!! yeh!

I think ambient air temp, coolant temp...etc has something to do with the rev cutout also. it may affect the way the ECU measures when cutout should occur. didn't someone say it won't let you hit lift when engine is cold. maybe the ECU is cutting out earlier at certain coolant temps. :huh:

Congrats man :lol: !! But the 8500rpm Celica is still something. I bet Toyota will void that fellas warranty hey revving 800rpm past redline :P

he wasn't quite stationary when he started tho

Yeh! he was hovering around 15Mph (~25Km/h). I timed it to be around 4seconds from when he started the run to 60Mph. That thing is damn quick.

notice on one of his shifts, the speed drops back abit. i suspect he could have been even quicker. :o

I want that car! :D

Because the Celica is able to Rev to 8,600rpm...this allows the driver to land in lift....easily! Look at how much he landed in lift. Plenty to spare.

Sharmz: Do you have any more details as to the modifications done to the car? Completely stock maybe?

heheh

-Chris

That link didn't work for me.

And I am starting to suspect that my car doesn;t rev as high as it once did. Book says 8200 cutout, I think it cuts in about 8000 now.

Also, I thought the argument about landing in lift (esp 1st to 2nd) was settled by the fact that earlier Stivo's (and Celicas) revved to 8400rpm, later ones were revised with a 8200rpm limit?

That link didn't work for me.

And I am starting to suspect that my car doesn;t rev as high as it once did. Book says 8200 cutout, I think it cuts in about 8000 now.

Also, I thought the argument about landing in lift (esp 1st to 2nd) was settled by the fact that earlier Stivo's (and Celicas) revved to 8400rpm, later ones were revised with a 8200rpm limit?

Is that true Oz_Viking? I will be a little dissapointed if that is true although it is only 200rpm difference. As to the rev limit, i also felt that the limiter cuts in at 8000rpm before but recently it goes pass 8000rpm with no cutout so its wierd. Maybe because the engine is still new or like qkslvr mentioned, could be due to other factors at that time. Mine has 3000kms. 2ZZGE_Sportivo's Stivo went up to 8350rpm which sould be the rev cutout point for Celica as stated in magazines.

This particular Celica would have had quite a few mods done to it. The rev limit definitely have been increased by the Apexi Power FC and i also suspect he has a heavier duty clutch and possibly a lightened flywheel from the way the car performed, and how quick it revved.

This particular Celica would have had quite a few mods done to it. The rev limit definitely have been increased by the Apexi Power FC and i also suspect he has a heavier duty clutch and possibly a lightened flywheel from the way the car performed, and how quick it revved.

Yeahh.. i too suspect a lightened flywheel and maybe aftermarket cams and pulleys.. definately more than just your standard bolt ons (cai, headers + xorst).. and most definately the Power FC for it to even rev to 8.5K :unsure:

My Stivo has done 8,500km and still doesn't rev to 8,200rpm. I have never seen my needle perfectly align with the 8,000rpm thick line.

:(

-Chris

its most noticeable when cold. optimax makes it run rougher. when its warmed-up not too much difference except that i can get JUST past 8000rpm more often than not compared with optimax, which sometimes make it cutout at just b4 8k

The first batch of celicas 99-2000 (in america) were produced with the ~8400 redline. Unfortunately due to mishifts and engine problems, toyota figured kids were thrashing these engines and so brought the rev limiter down to about ~7600 i think, somwhere in the "7" range anyways.

I dont know if this does or doesnt apply to us, but realise its 2004 and toyota have had time to revise the rev limiters etc on these engines. That car in the vid had an AEM CAI and powerFc. The powerFC's are awesome, as you can see the low-mid torque curve increase is WILD!. but alas, its just under 2000 dollars to buy and tune :(