Heatseca's Adventure to Hills Motorsport

Just had my Emanage tuned! Finally!!

Won't bore everyone with details, but I will let you know it took a bit of screwing around but we got it working!!

After two intitial runs the 1ZZ-FE engine was only pumping out 66kW, which wasn't very impressive... :(

We did I think 8-10 runs on the dyno changing timing, ignition, fuel/air ratio, and VVTi settings.

At the end of it all, the Heatseca was pumping 87kW, and 340 nm of torque!! A big improvement and not such a bad result either wouldn't you think?? :)

Will post my sheet up as soon as I scan it...

Just had my Emanage tuned! Finally!!

Won't bore everyone with details, but I will let you know it took a bit of screwing around but we got it working!!

After two intitial runs the 1ZZ-FE engine was only pumping out 66kW, which wasn't very impressive... :(

We did I think 8-10 runs on the dyno changing timing, ignition, fuel/air ratio, and VVTi settings.

At the end of it all, the Heatseca was pumping 87kW, and 340 nm of torque!! A big improvement and not such a bad result either wouldn't you think?? :)

Will post my sheet up as soon as I scan it...

31% improvement... that's awesome! is your car an auto?

340nm of torque... WOW :D Great stuff ;)

31% improvement... that's awesome! is your car an auto?

340nm of torque... WOW  :D Great stuff  ;)

Nope, manual.

It was really out of tune when we started... At low rev, it was too lean, and at high rev too rich! So that was one problem corrected..

so tell us... how did you modify the VVTi settings with the emanage?

ps, timing/ignition are the same thing as far as the emanage is concerned.

Edited by rollamods

so tell us... how did you modify the VVTi settings with the emanage?

ps, timing/ignition are the same thing as far as the emanage is concerned.

Yeah that what i meant.. :P

In the support tool the VVTi was represented at VTEC, but it was still showing a reading. It was set to kick in at i think 5000 rpm and cut out at 4800 rpm..

I can't remember exactly to what we changed them to...

ok,

I'd better post this to avoid mis-information. The emanage can NOT modify the VVTI on the 1ZZ. You can enable the map, but it doesn't do SFA because there's more to VVTi than the emanage can modify. If your tuners said it could, go back and tell them they dont know what they're doing.... much like a certain Brisbane workshop with a flashy dyno.

ok,

I'd better post this to avoid mis-information.  The emanage can NOT modify the VVTI on the 1ZZ.  You can enable the map, but it doesn't do SFA because there's more to VVTi than the emanage can modify.  If your tuners said it could, go back and tell them they dont know what they're doing.... much like a certain Brisbane workshop with a flashy dyno.

Thats what I thought. But were changing the VVTi (VTEC) settings and it changed the output on the dyno so it must have been doing something...

The tuner mentioned something about changing some things about VVTi but not everything...

The tune cost me about $300... Tuning is expensive...

But the outcome was great. I was surprised myself to see that much torque, but there it was.. :P You can really feel it in the low rev..

...keep in mind that the torque figure includes the multiplication from the gearing of the drivetrain. To get the real "engine" figure, you have to do some maths.

...keep in mind that the torque figure includes the multiplication from the gearing of the drivetrain.  To get the real "engine" figure, you have to do some maths.

I know... it just sounds cool having a figure like that on the dyno! :P

I'm sure on the road, that figure is a little less...

the torque figure on the graph is not the amount the engine makes. it's the amount exerted at the wheels after the engine torque is multiplied through the drivetrain... It's effected greatly by the gear the run is performed in, along with the diameter of your wheels, etc etc.

The only thing you can do is compare the "before" and "after" figures from the same dyno in the same gear with the same ramp rate, etc etc.

Edited by rollamods

Ok, VVTi is not like Lift or VTEC, it doesn't "kick in" at certain RPM.

VVTi is active throughout the entire rev range from idle to cut-out in order to maximise torque & power at all rpm. Just want to clarify that because alot of people seem to say it.

Nice result from the e-manage tune, glad your happy with it.

Ok, VVTi is not like Lift or VTEC, it doesn't "kick in" at certain RPM.

VVTi is active throughout the entire rev range from idle to cut-out in order to maximise torque & power at all rpm.  Just want to clarify that because alot of people seem to say it.

Nice result from the e-manage tune, glad your happy with it.

VVT-Li has the kick in. Pretty sure the thing jumps to another set of lobes, first on exhaust outlet, then inlet manifold.....but im not 100% sure. correct me if i'm wrong :)

VVT-Li has the kick in. Pretty sure the thing jumps to another set of lobes, first on exhaust outlet, then inlet manifold.....but im not 100% sure. correct me if i'm wrong :)

called lift. certain vvtis have lift too. (looks at izz-fe :lol:)