rear sway bar and shocks

The Don

Hello is it worth going heavy stabilizer front and rear on a v6 2001 camry without making the ride to harsh with stock springs and shocks cheers Neill.

HELLO dosen't anyone know about handleing on this forum???????

Dude you asked a question on a Saturday night and then complained Sunday morning when no-one answered....give it a little more time next time.

Sway bars stops body roll, it doesn't technically stiffen up your ride. Just do the rear sway bar, it'll complete change the handling for the better, no need to do the front.

I was going to reply with some valid input, but, after your impatience this will suffice.

LONGCAT!!!

this is the sort of thing i would expect from this unfriendly forum , I don't think there is a mechanic on here, not like other forums

I was going to reply with some valid input, but, after your impatience this will suffice.

LONGCAT!!!

this is the sort of thing i would expect from this unfriendly forum , I don't think there is a mechanic on here, not like other forums

Oh, the ones in Master Jack?

You are asking for free help, its a forum board, its not a one on one thing where you can get answers straight away, how about being patient, better yet, use the search function, topic has been covered heaps of times.

You are asking for free help, its a forum board, its not a one on one thing where you can get answers straight away, how about being patient, better yet, use the search function, topic has been covered heaps of times.

Thanks will be more patient, and use the search function cheers.

LONGCAT!!!

I don't think there is a mechanic on here

Incorrect.

Thicker sway bars do help. Made a big difference on my car, in terms of handling.

I have also changed the shocks and lower spring. This made the ride stiffer. Is it better? I do not know as it made me a slower driver on the road :clap::clap::clap:

Hope this helps.

Patience is not something everyone have.

If you do change to lower springs, you'll need some decent shocks. I've been running super low springs and standard ebay shocks for about a year and a half and while it's a good handling improvement over stock, the ride is horrific.

Thicker sway bars do help. Made a big difference on my car, in terms of handling.

I have also changed the shocks and lower spring. This made the ride stiffer. Is it better? I do not know as it made me a slower driver on the road :clap::clap::clap:

Hope this helps.

Patience is not something everyone have.

Was your rear bar 17mm this is what i want to know is it worth going to a 20mm rear bar because rear bars go 14mm and up cheers

Was your rear bar 17mm this is what i want to know is it worth going to a 20mm rear bar because rear bars go 14mm and up cheers

I have the 20mm whiteline btr39 rear sway bar on mine. Have had it for 3 or 4 years and love it. I went back to stock (i think 17mm) for a couple of months and hated the way it handled compared to the 20mm. Definitely worth getting.

• Like 1