Remus Exhaust

Quick question. The remus exhaust for the Sportivo whats your impression?

Any good?

Sound?

Cost??

Cheers

I have just recently had the Remus Muffler fitted to my 04 Sportivo. I am extremely happy with what I got. The sound of the exhaust is deep & throaty but relatively quiet. Meaning that there is plenty of noise when you are excelarating but when you cruising along at a steady speed it is very quiet, no cabin drone which is typical of most exhaust.

There is not really any difference with the power of the car, maybe a little more torque but it has definately made the engine breathe better & it now seems more willing to rev.

It also looks fantastic. The finish of the muffler is second to none.

I have heard many different exhaust on the Sportivo in particular & in my opinion the sound that is generated is better than most, but obviously this is a personnal opinion.

Worth every penny although I'm not sure if I should be saying this as I like being one of the few who have this exhaust.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth every penny although I'm not sure if I should be saying this as I like being one of the few who have this exhaust.

Me too :D , but I think the price tends to keep alot of people away from it

I believe X-force are supposed to be an excellent system also. Never tried one myself but there seems to be several members who speak highly of them. I will have to check it out this weekend at the meet, hopefully will see you there. :D :D

rice... land .... ?    :blink:  common mintos u can do better then that =D

something more like fob.... or ting tong teng... would get me grinning a little =D

riceland just makes me... crave for more rice mmmmmmmm............

fluffy hot... steamy.... white.... rice.... with ...... bok choi covered in soy sauce (side dish)...... fresh seaweed with sesami seed dressing..... (side dish) crispy fried fish

asian set combo1 =D

lets not forget the soysauce+chilli dipping sauce

or

the pepper + lemon juice dipping sauce

(agreed with mintos =D lets not get too carried away with our words */em bows head in shame* ; ; i got carried away.)

LMAOOO!!! You've made me hungry man... :angry: Let's go eat tonight :P

U guys crack me up!!! I agree with everyone. People should lighten up a bit. If you were offended by the hitlerland comment, then fair enough. However personally i don't think it should offend you? It was a joke mate.

U other guys are just clowns! LOL

So what is the verdict of these remus exhausts? Worth getting?

rice... land .... ?    :blink:  common mintos u can do better then that =D

something more like fob.... or ting tong teng... would get me grinning a little =D

riceland just makes me... crave for more rice mmmmmmmm............

fluffy hot... steamy.... white.... rice.... with ...... bok choi covered in soy sauce (side dish)...... fresh seaweed with sesami seed dressing..... (side dish) crispy fried fish

asian set combo1 =D

lets not forget the soysauce+chilli dipping sauce

or

the pepper + lemon juice dipping sauce

(agreed with mintos =D lets not get too carried away with our words */em bows head in shame* ; ; i got carried away.)

LMAOOO!!! You've made me hungry man... :angry: Let's go eat tonight :P

U guys crack me up!!! I agree with everyone. People should lighten up a bit. If you were offended by the hitlerland comment, then fair enough. However personally i don't think it should offend you? It was a joke mate.

U other guys are just clowns! LOL

So what is the verdict of these remus exhausts? Worth getting?

yup... definatley

Pics comiing soon

Ok all you modified 'rollas where are the sound bites ??

My friend was saying that the 'rolla exhaust system is good enough and that all the gains are in the muffler. He was looking at a magnaflow(Or is it magma?) muffler - they any good ?

Bring on the pics and sounds plz !!

Oh I forgot - Very nice choice with the Remus unit, the muffler looks good would love to see what that looks like on the 'rolla

Russell

Edited by rpereira

My friend was saying that the 'rolla exhaust system is good enough and that all the gains are in the muffler. He was looking at a magnaflow(Or is it magma?) muffler - they any good ?

Oh I forgot - Very nice choice with the Remus unit, the muffler looks good would love to see what that looks like on the 'rolla

Russell

Here some photo's of my Remus Muffler, I will try & post a sound bite over the next couple of days

post-598-1138093065_thumb.jpg

post-598-1138093104_thumb.jpg

post-598-1138093138_thumb.jpg

Russell

i've got the magna on my car.. looks very tough .. improved my mid-range also .. from 3,500rpm and upwards. Cost is 350-500 depending on the series ur after.

www.magnaflow.com

Russell

I can do better than a sound byte ;) ... here's a link to a short video I took when I had my exhaust fitted:

2" from resonator back, Ultraflo mild steel muffler, stainless tip

Russell

I can do better than a sound byte ;) ... here's a link to a short video I took when I had my exhaust fitted:

2" from resonator back, Ultraflo mild steel muffler, stainless tip

Thanks Budda for that link

Your exhaust sound fantastic.

Well done!!!

You mentioned you have a Ultraflo muffler which brand????

Edited by GAZOOM

Pic as promised soz no sound not that digitally inclined . ie no recorderpost-593-1138097832_thumb.jpg

Is that the square tip Remus or another brand?

It seems to sit very close to your bumper, you might want to keep an eye on that as heat in the ehaust tip could damage it

Pic as promised soz no sound not that digitally inclined . ie no recorderpost-593-1138097832_thumb.jpg

Is that the square tip Remus or another brand?

It seems to sit very close to your bumper, you might want to keep an eye on that as heat in the ehaust tip could damage it

Never mind I had a look At the Remus website & there are pictures on there of your system. The system on the Sportivo sits lower.

Are you happy with it?

I think mine's great, love the sound & the look

Yeah, but what is better for Drivability and overall power?

CES Exhaust or Muffler? Muffler $800.00 mark from memory, CES about $1100.00 correct?

Anyone tried the CES exhaust with the Remus muffler?

The CES system is designed to work optimally with it's specific rear muffler, no point in changing the muffler to something else on that system.

IMO a full cat-back or header-back system will always be better than just a muffler.

Edited by IZZ-FE

Yeah, but what is better for Drivability and overall power?

CES Exhaust or Muffler? Muffler $800.00 mark from memory, CES about $1100.00 correct?

Anyone tried the CES exhaust with the Remus muffler?

All Remus Muffler's come complete with a flange that is designed to suit the standard piping for each specific car. CES use custom mandrel bent piping with a larger diameter than standard. having said that the pipe on the Sportivo models is 2.25" which is very large for a standard car with 1.8L engine hence why most of the pwer gain comes from using a free flow muffler. CES use 2.5" as far as know so it is only a tine bit larger than standard, I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong.

Remus Muffler expect to pay upwards of $850 fitted.

CES expect to pay $1100 for cat back system fitted.

im looking for a cat back system but i dont think $800 up is worth the money for the increase u get.

theres an exhaust place near my house called carline mufflers at mt druitt which has a really good reputation he quoted me around $400 mark with a lukey exhaust, any1 know wat lukey mufflers are like?

im looking for a cat back system but i dont think $800 up is worth the money for the increase u get.

theres an exhaust place near my house called carline mufflers at mt druitt which has a really good reputation he quoted me around $400 mark with a lukey exhaust, any1 know wat lukey mufflers are like?

I'm getting my exhaust done at castle hill same place CORZZA and EGGBERT_99 went to get theirs done.

I was set on getting a Lukey ultra flo muffler like BUDDA's but the guy at castlehill talked me into getting a ultra flo red back muffler instead. He said he was constantly doing warrantee jobs for Lukey and Redback is a superior product in his opinion.

I personally think depends on who you speak to because guys at my local carline speak wonders of Lukey.

But because the guy at castle hill has looked after a few forum members already I think his advice is worthy of something.

Edited by GAZOOM