Battery

Has anyone or is there a way of relocating the battery to the air filter box area?

Is it possible?

Usually people relocate them to the Boot.

It the easiest place to put them.

I have been contemplating with the idea and will attemp to relocate it soon, you just need to bolt down a bottom plate or something similar to keep the battery tied down.

If you do relocate the battery, would there be problems with the wiring???

Relocating to the boot??? Man...how is that possible???

Thanks for the feed back though

it's not hard to relocate the battery to the boot, you can buy a nice ceramic battery post for the bay to bolt the old positive battery lead to, then get a positive lead made to run to the rear of the car (there's a few ways of doing this, just ensure if it passes through the body it has a suitable grommet so it wont get cut through, ever!

Also make sure you have a good slow-blow fuse on the line at the battery to ensure in the event of a short on the main feed, you dont burn your car to the ground.

You can purchase battery boxes from autoparts stores, some are better than others. Make sure the box is bolted securely to the chassis, and if you're putting the battery in the cabin you will need to use a dry cell battery unless you seal the box and vent it to the outside of the car.

I ran mine through the firewall on the main grommet on the passenger footwell area where the body loom runs through, then along the loom area down the passenger sill to the boot. The earth strap was bolted to a ground down area of the chassis rail.

In this pic you can see the ceramic post I purchased from an autoelec supplies store along with the custom positive cable

post-148-1131503873_thumb.jpg

it's not hard to relocate the battery to the boot, you can buy a nice ceramic battery post for the bay to bolt the old positive battery lead to, then get a positive lead made to run to the rear of the car (there's a few ways of doing this, just ensure if it passes through the body it has a suitable grommet so it wont get cut through, ever!

Also make sure you have a good slow-blow fuse on the line at the battery to ensure in the event of a short on the main feed, you dont burn your car to the ground.

You can purchase battery boxes from autoparts stores, some are better than others.  Make sure the box is bolted securely to the chassis, and if you're putting the battery in the cabin you will need to use a dry cell battery unless you seal the box and vent it to the outside of the car.

I ran mine through the firewall on the main grommet on the passenger footwell area where the body loom runs through, then along the loom area down the passenger sill to the boot.  The earth strap was bolted to a ground down area of the chassis rail.

In this pic you can see the ceramic post I purchased from an autoelec supplies store along with the custom positive cable

Rollamods...thanks for the info and pic. But my car is a 2003 Corolla.

So need help in that car model.

your car still has a lead that went to the positive terminal...

your car still has a sill panel

your car still has a massive bung near the passenger kick panel...

same *****, different bucket.

I was going to relocate my battery i had bought all the parts but found out that to do it in the boot u have to vent the box by using a acid resistant hose and u need to put a hole through the spare tyre well to do it legally or other-wise u have a mobile hydrogen bomb if u wanna relocate the battery save on wieght and space buy a "oddessy" battery!!!!they wiegh like 1kg.......BUT......are expensive!!!!!

dude! every car's the same in terms of its basic electrical concept....

can't you be a bit creative?? instead of asking people to hold your hand in doing your custom job?

custom jobs are called "custom" coz it does require you to think and design a "custom" approach to your problem....

peace... :)

But hay it is nice to hear wat other peoples experiences and ideas are too!!! I've been in this predicament before when i was thinking about relocating my battery i think i would have bought the battery box and wires and in line safety cut outs about 3 times before i finally just came to the conclusion stuff that and all the effort may as well just buy a odessy!!!! This happened cos i had no-one out of my friends and other people that had relocated a battery before!!!!

And isnt this the whole point of a forum it is to help people with their questions and problems!!???? :D :D

dont be silly, forums are all about the size of your peni.....i mean post count haha

:lol: :P :D

You both have a point but what Pippy is trying to say is that some people need to take the plunge and just give things a try instead of waiting for others to always do it, if it doesn't work out at least you then know if it can/can't be done, and it is satisfying to do things on your own.

dude! every car's the same in terms of its basic electrical concept....

can't you be a bit creative?? instead of asking people to hold your hand in doing your custom job?

custom jobs are called "custom" coz it does require you to think and design a "custom" approach to your problem....

peace... :)

Dude...I've got plans of my own inregards to the relocation of the battery. I just wanted to know if ppl here have done it...hence it would give me a better understanding and know how. And I don't know jack all when it comes to electrical stuff...

The ppl here at TOCA have been very good and have hold my hands for some guideance...before.

But in your case Pippy...you didn't hold my hands because your too busy with you own hands under your hood... (Pippy) ''No Pun Intended'':blink: :D

PEACE OUT ... Bruh...

I've been thinking of putting the battery where the abs system is supposed to be (go the ascent) but the space is a little too small.

unless u start relocating a lot of other stuff to the firewall. can be done... will think hard about this.

other suggestions ppl?

Personally, the way I see it is unless your gonna do some serious stuff to the engine, then why move it????

I have seen it done a million times on different cars, but moving it for the sake of moving it I feel is a bit ;) I guess I have heard too many stories of peoples batteries and cars catching fires from not being wired properly...

Why were you wanting to do it anyway?

Personally, the way I see it is unless your gonna do some serious stuff to the engine, then why move it????

I have seen it done a million times on different cars, but moving it for the sake of moving it I feel is a bit ;)  I guess I have heard too many stories of peoples batteries and cars catching fires from not being wired properly...

Why were you wanting to do it anyway?

The reason why I started this Topic is because I wanted to make a Custom pipping for a CAI. And all 2001 onwards model corolla would know that the freakin' battery is infront of the throttle body!!! Hence CAIs like AEM, TRD, Ingen etc...have made a CAI that goes around the stupid thing!!!

What I had in mind was swapping the battery to where the factory air box use to be. Not a big move...(like putting the whole damn thing to the boot) It's more like moving the battery up-wards. So now where the battery was use to be is free, and I can make a better CAI pipping...(instead of going around it)

That's it...so I put this tread wanting to know if ppl here have done something similar or any ideas.

i'd suggest having a look at the engine layout of the ZZE-130

they are the same as our rollas, but with the battery in the location that you want it to be in. (both 1zz and 2zz)

either way, the CAI designed strictly speaking don't have to do too much in terms of getting around the battery, however, the length that you wish to design would determine the torque/power of your engine and definitely throttle response....

at the end of the day, unless you have your own dyno to compare the differences, i think it'll be a project that'll require you to go by feel and not go very far....

i can say this coz i've been there and so have many others

• 5 months later...

Hi guys

I know im hijacking this thread here and im sorry but i removed my battery last night and now i cant seem to put the battery clamp back.

anybody know how the clamp goes back

btw i drive a RunX RSI (2zzGE)

thanks