Who's Got 18 Inch? (Wheels that is)

Guest Silver Rider

Guest Silver Rider

Hi Guys,

I'm deciding on what wheel size I should get.

Just wondering who out there has 18" wheels and did they have to get their guards rolled to fit.

Do 18" scrub out heaps??? Do I have to get harder springs with 18"???

Those that have 17" why didn't they opt for 18"???

:D

Hi Guys,

I'm deciding on what wheel size I should get.

Just wondering who out there has 18" wheels and did they have to get their guards rolled to fit.

Do 18" scrub out heaps??? Do I have to get harder springs with 18"???

Those that have 17" why didn't they opt for 18"???

:D

For what car?

i have 18's on the rolla kings superlows and stock shocks i would definately suggest getting stiffer shocks as for the standard ones after a while they get a little soft!!!!!! :P No guard rolling required and by the way u can safetly fit 19"x8" the rolla's have alot of room to play with we put them and 20" on my car just for the hell of it one boring day!!!! :P :D :lol: It looked like a baby 4WD!!!!!LOL

• 1 year later...

I didn't want to start a new thread but I have my eye on a new set of 18" wheels but they only come in

18 X 8

My previous understanding was that you are allowed 1.5" wider than your stock wheels legally.

Anyway I came across this table on Jax Quick fix

table1.gif

So I then quickly did a search on the weight of the corolla from the Toyota website

Gross Vehicle Mass (kg) 1630

So does this mean I can legally fit 18 X 8 on a rolla?

I read in a previous post that Sunny fit 19 X 8 on a rolla one time just for kicks.

What are other members understanding of wheel sizes? Any comments welcome on the pros and cons of going this wide.

Cheers,

Gazoom

Edited by GAZOOM

Does the RTA site have any info about what is allowed and what isn't allowed regarding wheels/rims on their site? Because the rules in each state are different from my understanding.

Btw, I think you should check your cars weight on the registration sticker on your front windscreen. That's what the road authority would be going by if they were to check anything regarding the car's weight. Mine says TARE 1100. I was sure my car weighed more than that though... hmmm...

Does the RTA site have any info about what is allowed and what isn't allowed regarding wheels/rims on their site? Because the rules in each state are different from my understanding.

Btw, I think you should check your cars weight on the registration sticker on your front windscreen. That's what the road authority would be going by if they were to check anything regarding the car's weight. Mine says TARE 1100. I was sure my car weighed more than that though... hmmm...

hmm im not sure if its on the site but if you ring up they will tell you, they told me but it was a while ago