New Mazda MPS

I'm waiting to see if they bring in a Mazda3 MPS. I find the Mazda6 MPS a little too tamed, not agressive looking enough, except that XR8 bonnet hump which is actually used to scoop cool air into the top mount intercooler! Why don't just use a front mount? The rear and side view looks just like an ordinary Mazda6 except the MPS badge and slightly different rear bumper. The wheels look like shyt. They could have at least thrown in a huge ricey rear wing :P. It is a heavy bugger too especially that bonnet! AWD technology is great but, i think if the Mazda3 MPS comes with a 2.0 liter turbo AWD as rumoured it should be a better car.

Did yous see the new Honda Legend (don't think its in showrooms yet) ? 220kw AWD from just 3000cc V6 NA, no turbo! That's Honda's engineering at its best. But again the car looks very tame, i guess Honda is targeting execs and mid-old age people with the Legend.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Mazda said they didn't want an aggressive look with the 6 MPS. Because why try and compete with the WRX and EVO? If people wanted hardcore looks and speed they will go the EVO or WRX. Mazda are after the people who want speed without drawing attention. The 'mature' hoon :P

That Honda Legend is out in Japan already I think. Its good how it transfers the power to the wheel(s) that needs it most B)

for the mature hoon after a quick midsize saloon, u can't go past the euroR (which u guys don't get :P ) and the liberty GT.

Yer my friend is a valet driver and drove one of these.. he says boost kicks in quite early and so it feels very smooth and no lag.

The reason why they opt for a top mount intercooler instead of a front mount is to reduce lag the same with WRX

i thought the mazda wasnt aiming the mps at wrx, i think they wanna compete the locals, think they wanna get people who use to buy commos and falcons to buy the mps

imo, i think they would be targetting ppl who are bit more sophisticated who would otherwise buy european cars.

MAZDA 6 MPS (4WD, but most of the power at the front wheels) 0-100 in 6.5sec (According to Drive TV from Channel 10)

SUBARU Liberty GT 0-100 in 5.8sec (According to Drive TV from Channel 10)

For $56,000 I would rather buy the Liberty GT for permance, but for looks i'll go for Mazda :)

The Mazda got much harsher/bumpy ride compare to the Liberty GT.

MAZDA 6 MPS vs SUBARU LIBERTY GT

Edited by leasaunce

I'm waiting to see if they bring in a Mazda3 MPS. I find the Mazda6 MPS a little too tamed, not agressive looking enough, except that XR8 bonnet hump which is actually used to scoop cool air into the top mount intercooler! Why don't just use a front mount? The rear and side view looks just like an ordinary Mazda6 except the MPS badge and slightly different rear bumper. The wheels look like shyt. They could have at least thrown in a huge ricey rear wing :P. It is a heavy bugger too especially that bonnet! AWD technology is great but, i think if the Mazda3 MPS comes with a 2.0 liter turbo AWD as rumoured it should be a better car.

Did yous see the new Honda Legend (don't think its in showrooms yet) ? 220kw AWD from just 3000cc V6 NA, no turbo! That's Honda's engineering at its best. But again the car looks very tame, i guess Honda is targeting execs and mid-old age people with the Legend.

They are making an MPS version of the Mazda 3. Yes it will be Turbo charged, and also more agressively styled! But unfortunately, it won't be AWD!!! According to Wheels magazine!