Top Speed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word must be getting around about the stivo! I pulled up hard at a set of traffic lights saturday night next to a lowered VS commodore and could instantly see he was going to try and toast me on green, when one of his mates in the car said to him not to do it as he thinks its one of those hot corolla's.

He didn't listen.... so after he pulled up next to me at the next lights (he fell a fair bit behind) his mates were laughing their asses off at him. He did not look happy :D

It's nice to know the stivo is getting a little bit more respect!

I always seem to land around 5900 - 6100 from 1st to 2nd and almost always about 6200 - 6300 2nd to 3rd. Although with the TRD CAI it does not matter as much because at 5900 the car seems to be pulling a lot harder than it was before.

I generally don't post speeds, but I was well into 3rd, which with the induction sounds :D :D :D

Blackrolla,

If you want to get people to race you, just stick on that massive TRD sticker on the back window. Good for 5hp.

:) :)

ahh yes, but i hear the HSV stickers are good for 10hp, now that would go so much better with a stivo dont you think :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My friend owns a 2001 Type R and we took our cars for a few runs the other day. The Integra had the edge usually by about half a length. Though i won 1 out of 3 runs due to my better foot work.

Regarding top speed the car starts to feel a little nervous after about 140km/h, i think the high centre of gravity doesnt help!

And how do you add pics in your post? I had one of me and the Integra.

Pecker: were both cars standard? 2001 type r..that's the new shape right?

nervous at 140? really? my levin was fine....evan at 200 i was still able to manuvor (spelling?) ;)

its like buying a wrx or a GT4 celica....theyre made for performance, and most of their owners tend to make them 'perform'... <_<

I think you can say the same for the sportivo corolla ???

why would u buy one if your not going to "perform" with it?

although the car is not as fast as those you mention, it is urging me to go faster and faster.. ;)

hey, I just thought of something, mod the sportivo so that it looks like an ascent.. and then do engine mods , intake and exhuast mods (not a very big one) and then u have an utlimate sleeper, even against a Sportivo.. :D

well i probably shouldnt but if a moron rocks up next to me and basically starts revving it up then i know its on and i go them dont care what it is as i like to get a wide idea as to what i can and cant compete against. luckily with the double demerits i havent had any one trying this ;) but come end of double demerits will be back into the swing of things :D

xTiGeRx: Yeah both cars were stock. The Type R was the old twin lights model, there a great car.

I think i might try a wheel alignment.

Anyone here gone a 6 speed celica? I demolished an Auto model.

Re: Spelling. Dont sweat it mine is shocking

hey, I just thought of something, mod the sportivo so that it looks like an ascent.. and then do engine mods , intake and exhuast mods (not a very big one) and then u have an utlimate sleeper, even against a Sportivo.. :D

yeah dude,

im thinking of taking off the Side skirts, front lip and the vvtl-i stickers, get a set of 15" acsent rims, and it would be hard to tell if it is a Sportivo or stock! :P

. only way you would tell from the back is the exhuast tip and the front grill :D

Maybe ypu can save some weight taking off the kit :lol: