Top Speed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm game!

i'll do it!

but...i don't have my stivo...

it's still on a bloody canoe heading this way...with only 1 guy and 1 paddle.

damn it! hurry up!

Your dreaming!!!

It would double the cost of shipping if they gave him a paddle.

The poor prick has to use his hands. :lol:

That's how they have kept the cost of the stivo so low

I didn't wait at all...as soon as I got out of the dealer i ripped it...lol

That's because the dealer told me to. Said it will run better later on coz during the 1000k service they tighten stuff and tune it again...so I don;t know what the go is.

Anyway....it's running OK.

i run it in according to the book for the first 1,000km.

from then till 15,000km i don't redline or anything.

that's what i've done with my levin..and it's working great.

plus..i do every 5,000km service.

change oil everytime with synthetic...

rotate, balance and align all 4 wheels each time.

it cost me a fair bit per service..but it's peace of mind for me.

Yes, i admit, i'm padantic....but i don't care...i feel better! :P :P :P :P

i run it in according to the book for the first 1,000km.

from then till 15,000km i don't redline or anything.

that's what i've done with my levin..and it's working great.

plus..i do every 5,000km service.

change oil everytime with synthetic...

rotate, balance and align all 4 wheels each time.

it cost me a fair bit per service..but it's peace of mind for me.

Yes, i admit, i'm padantic....but i don't care...i feel better! :P :P :P :P

You must bring a smile to any mechanics face. 15,000 is far too long for these cars mate, you'll wanna wait till 2000 then open her up a bit otherwise youre wasting time, you should enjoy the car untill you can, it wont last forever, nothing does :( .

2,000km....really? :(

yeah, drive the car a little harder..but....i wouldn't race it till the 10,000km service.. :(

ok fellas where gettin a little confused.

I think xtiger is gonna wait till 1000/2000 before opening her up, but once he does he will use lift and such yeah ???

which is on for 6-7.5Krpm anyways, what hes sayin is he wont redline the biatch till after atleast 10000kms, i presuming here u mean u wont hit revlimited till then yeah?

coz if ur not using lift till 10000kms, return ur damn stivo.

and blackrolla, damn first i heard of a dealer doing that, or atleast that bein recommended

You cannot help yourself!!!!

Classic example this morning... What do you do!

Pull up at a set of lights next to a clio sport. I start salivating the instant I see he's up for a little run. This car is a previous MOTOR bang for your bucks winner so I was eager to say the least to see how the stivo would go.

Then to the left a mini cooper S pulls up and he wants in too. It's like an adolescent wet dream!

Lights change and neither of the 2 jump away as quick as I thought they would with the mini pulling about a bonnet lenght and the clio's rear just by my front. Then I hit lift and pull past the mini with his front now by my door and my front by the clio's door. Slam 2nd revs dropping to 6000 the mini staying where he is, the clio inching out for the instant it takes to hit lift again. The nose of the stivo bucks as lift kicks in again and I pull alongside and then past the clio. with 2nd maxed out the clio's front is by my rear bumper. That's where I backed off, 30 over the limlit was fast approaching and I tend to not go over that.

The clio sport driver pulls up alongside with a huge :D and gives me a thumbs up before going ahead. Felt real good, made up for just getting done by the Astra Turbo yesterday... that prick got me by a lousy bonnet!

You cannot wait untill you've done thousands & thousands of km. You get a rush of blood, pop your cars cherry and then there is no going back!!!

sharmz: :D now you got it! :lol:

that's what i meant

as if i'm NOT going to use lift till 10,000km? if so, i won't get a stivo then. heheh

course i'm going to use lift...just not the redline =)

I'd like to say that all this info is very encouraging. Nice to know that the sportivo can beat a mini cooper s and clio sport !

I would have thought the cooper s would have won (is this rear wheel drive) ? Usually front wheel drives suffer too much understeer on quick launches.

Well done Ilivefor6.

When? Where? Details!!! u cant tell us that with all the juicy bits!!!

Not much to say dude, here i am in the middle of nowhere, straight road ahead of me, so i dropped it to 4th, hit lift, and before you know it im doing 160. I thought what the hell so I kept going :D . had to back off coz the ride was getting way too bumpy from the road surface. First time i ever been that fast :rolleyes: , feels good :). The car can easily do 220.