Top Speed

In a car: 1991 205 GTi 1.9: 215kmh on a German motorway, 3 up with 2 weeks luggage. Still got overtaken by various Porsche's etc... :D

On a bike: On a BMW 1100LT & a Honda ST1100 PanEuro: 225kmh (I'm not saying where :P ) truly awesome!

Anyway, hi guys, just thought that I'd drop by as I'll be passing round your part of the world in March/April time. Anything happening in the Melbourne or Sydney areas around then?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah mate but if u swing past syd give the corolla blokes a tinker and they'll throw another shrimp on the barby for ya

Just popped into the Corolla forum - interesting! I think that I will get in touch when I'm round your way :D

When I was an exchange student and lived on a corn farm in Ohio (don't laugh, it's true!) I was passenger in a late 70's Buick LeSabre which had a worked V8 from a NASCAR in it. Guy's dad was a NASCAR race mechanic. We got to 180 miles per hour, as shown on his speedo. Probably a bit inaccurate, but that works out at about 290km/h. Lets say for sure that we were doing 250+. Scared the absolute bejeebers out of me.

Fastest I have driven? 190kmh in a big 300 series Merc and 160kmh in my AE82 Twin Cam.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

illuminati would stop downing on people, even the dude in the music thread wasn't even taking the ***** he just said he didn't know the bands and now this, are you going to blame this on being drunk as well if he said it happen then it happen get over it i was trying not to be offensive but if i have to keep coming to this forum to read stupid f---ing posts by you like this one i don't care if i am banned. why say that stuff man just let it slide its not you car so you don't know, even if you are being non opinionated then maybe you should change your writing style to not sound so patronising. and to the mods i am sorry for this out burst. A82 - nice work man. I love those cars. If you had one illuminati thats is great but don't diss this guy's

what ae82 was this mate?

i had a ae82 and it would not have nower near 4000revs left at 160. i think ur spining **** mate.

Its an ae82 blue top. Seems to fly.

Ok maybe not 4k revs left maybe like 3.5k left but we all like to talk up our cars :) .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

250 as a passenger in an e55 on track, Even the full face helmet couldn't hide my grin...I still don't know what was more impressive, the ease it maintained that speed or how quickly it got to it ;)

Never pushed my rolla for top speed...not willing to do it on the road

• 2 weeks later...

210km/h, briefly, in an AE112 Levin on the road between Moruya and Batemans Bay. Wouldn't do it again.

170+ all the way from Canberra to the outskirts of Sydney (Cumberland Highway exit) very early one morning with virtually no other traffic about. In my Volvo 240 wagon. The 240 felt like it was designed for this speed - absolutely glued to the road. There were some corners I had to slow down to 140-150 for, but not many. It's amazing how different some Eurocars feel at speed to Japanese ones. Not to take anything away from the Japs (I've owned six Corollas and am contemplating buying a seventh) but this is something the Euros seem to do spectacularly well. Don't knock it till you've tried it, I say :D

j.