Project Corolla

Only levin??

lets do a count on how many sportivos have been back to toyota for problems and how many Levins?? In a year or 2 the levin will have a better resale then the sportivo. :)

nah, cuase of the limited numbers of the sportivo its gonna have better resale, most of the issues have been or can be fixed without too much hassle.

and im with azza :ph34r: 115kw at the flywheel is nothing impressive, id say pippy's levin would be faster, sure looks better too.

I totally agree man my LEVIN has been going for 78K and no problems at all

only normal services and the thing goes and it will keep goin. no offense to the stivos but ur engines sound like theres a pinball machine inside it when its on, they go hard but you cant have everything now can you!!

Sorry northy i respect you because ur usually spot on with this stuff, but your wrong here.

If u look back in history. Whenever a car gets a national recall and then production stops 2 years after the resale value goes down drmatically, I mean comon you can tell the build quality difference between the sportivo and levin just buy opening the doors. Another issue is, Try finding parts for the stivo in 4-5 years time. I mean i go tnothing agaist the stivo. I have one in the family and i love the engine. BUt thats about it.

Sorry northy i respect you because ur usually spot on with this stuff, but your wrong here.

If u look back in history. Whenever a car gets a national recall and then production stops 2 years after the resale value goes down drmatically, I mean comon you can tell the build quality difference between the sportivo and levin just buy opening the doors. Another issue is, Try finding parts for the stivo in 4-5 years time. I mean i go tnothing agaist the stivo. I have one in the family and i love the engine. BUt thats about it.

Agree so much I had to comment, the biggest diff is BUILD QUALITY - Japanese build is far far superior - if the Sportivo was Japanese built then it would be unquestionably a better car than what it is. The only thing that led me to the Sportivo was the leather seats - but then again the stitching is coming apart after 3 months and wil have to be fixed so ...I guess I F##$$% up!

A brief way to look at the difference in quality between a JAP and SA built cars is to look inside the wheel arches. Kcorro showed me this one.

The Japanese cars have a rubbery sound proofing type material sprayed into the wheel arches. The South African built cars just have black paint.

Small difference, but many such small differences are carried out throughout the car.

Sorry for posting old ****...

What i really wanted was an opinion about the booster body kits in the new accessories link..

i actually asked penrith toyota about that and said they dont do body kits anymore...

info on where to get..and how much?? anyone??

Toyota Australia hold parts for 10 years which is Australian law, so ther will be no problem getting parts for a while yet.

Also I have owned 2 Japanese Levins & 2 Sportivo's & as far as build quality is concerned the Levin wins hands down. Having said that a standard Levin does not compare with a Sportivo for drivabilty & I'm sorry but I dont care how much work has been done to any Levin without a Turbo it will not keep up with a Sportivo. It's like comparing a RX Impreza with a WRX.

As far as the booster body kit goes, dont bother it looks like a K-MART kit, don't mean to offend but seriously. Try looking at the GIALLA kit or C-ONE, so much more stylish.

Also a limited number of Sportivo's does not increase the value of the car, this vehicle is not a collector's item & will be forgotten by most people with the next couple of years.

who cares bout levin vs stivo, people buy a stivo for their own reason, same as the levin buyers, as long as people r happy with their car, i have my reason for buying my stivo, and i am very happy with it, because its got what i want, and i must agree with most people on here that car is ugly, only part i like is the headlights