Opinions Please Guys!!!!

MT

hey guys,

has anyone here ever bought BSA wheels?

i found some rims for my (blue) sportivo, and they're pretty cheap to so im thinking of getting them, but i just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with them before?

i know they are only cheapies, but are they reasonable quality? anyone know what they are made from?

here's a link to the wheels, they are only $1500 with tyres so thats pretty good for what i wanna spend, and i think they look great!

CLICK ME!!!!

there 17's and apparently the right offset, so thats alright i guess, but yeah, any help is appreciated guys!

cheers

Michael

yeah i guessed they were copies, they say RAVS instead of RAYS and VORK instead of VOLK, but hey, they still look good and i dont think the stickers should be too hard to pull off!

Don't buy BSA chrome wheels as the chrome is crap!! It starts to peel off and is of a very poor quality.Have seen this on more than 5 sets of BSA wheels and those who work in the tyre industry will tell you the same.

i had a set of 5 spoke chromes (BSA291) and the only trouble i had with them was that the brake dust ate into the chrome and i was left with patches of black on my wheels

and my ex had a set of chrome 10 spoke bsa wheels (older than mine) and the chrome started to crack and peel of them...

i havnt had any experiences with the hyperblack, white, other colours, but the chrome is bad

thanks for the advice guys, im still considering them as they are the only ones i've seen so far that i like, and also cos they are white and no one has had any bad experiences with white that i've spoken too!

anyone else out there ever used these wheels?

thanks for the advice guys, im still considering them as they are the only ones i've seen so far that i like, and also cos they are white and no one has had any bad experiences with white that i've spoken too!

anyone else out there ever used these wheels?

I think the only issue with the White ... is cleaning them .. as the brake dust is very visible

Honestly, if you're using wheels for road use only, I really don't think you can go too wrong even if they're made from lower grade materials, start getting on the track and then it's an issue as you don't want something heavy and prone to stress fractures in the spokes.

The only big problem to look out for is purchasing a particular wheel design in a larger size than it was ever designed for. Eg, If a wheel was originally designed to be made in a maximum 16" size, but the copy uses the same design in an 18" application, the original design doesn't have the engineered strength to cope with the larger size and can break.

When I purchased my wheels I almost purchased a set of Lenso S7's for it. But upon advise of a couple of retailers who told me the quality of them was so so because of the materials they're made from I settled on my ROH Adrenalins (The price difference was negligiable so they weren't trying to rip me off). BUT, I see many cars on S7's with no problems, so I actually do regret not getting the S7's.

yeah thats sorta what i was thinking, and if i do decide i want to do some track work, i've still got my stockies so there's no worries there. thanks mate, i think im almost convinced now

• 2 weeks later...

question though, the offset of the rims is ET 40, and the stock rims are ET 45.

is this gonna be a big problem? what about when i install my king springs lows?

anyone else have 40 offset 17" wheels on their car?

cheers guys

here's some pics for u guys, let me know what u think.

they make the car look even higher than it used to, but i've got springs next on my list so hopefully it wont look like a 4WD for much longer!

haha no way im enjoying my new four wheel drive corolla.... lol not. gonna lower it soon promise!!!

thanks guys! i love them too! already cleaned them twice but, damn brake dust!