was it worth the wait?

specialized32

I can answer that with a big yes :D . Installed my front strut and rear sway last weekend and even though i havent lowered it yet or have the front sway the car handles totally different now. Very little body roll, the steering is so much more responsive. And cornering is alot more fun now :D thanks again silva.

Does anyone know a place in vic where i can get my front sway installed? Tried to do it on zavs car first but couldnt get the damn thing off.

Edited by specialized32

I can answer that with a big yes :D . Installed my front strut and rear sway last weekend and even though i havent lowered it yet or have the front sway the car handles totally different now. Very little body roll, the steering is so much more responsive. And cornering is alot more fun now :D thanks again silva.

Does anyone know a place in vic where i can get my front sway installed? Tried to do it on zavs car first but couldnt get the damn thing off.

I think I spent 2 days in my Stivo before they all got replaced... far better car to drive.

Any Pedders can do stuff like that for you...

I'm getting mine done at baurepairs for 120 including 4 wheels alighnment. Tyre factory in Mitcham said they could install it for 100 bux including 4 wheel alignment, but they couldn't do it this sat, and I cant be fd waiting.

Did you guys use a torque qrench or did u just do the bolts up as tight as you could??

I have only installed the strut brace and just tightened it as much as I could.

Anyone know the torque settings?

I have not attempted the rear sway bar as yet, cause I really think I should find out the torque settings first.

is that the one in gully zav?

Nope, Richmond near my work. We didnt torque Specialized32s front strut but the settings are 32Nm from memory. The rear sway we torqued to 195Nm. We used my mammoth 1/2 inch ratchet set to get the sear sway undone, and it was still an effort. The front strut requires a lot of work and a hoist I imagine to get it out, so i'm just gonna pay some1 to get it over and done with. I cant wait for silva to send me the spacers so I can test out my front strut brace.

Plus whiteline control springs are a perfect ride height. I recomend them with a capital R

Nope, Richmond near my work. We didnt torque Specialized32s front strut but the settings are 32Nm from memory. The rear sway we torqued to 195Nm. We used my mammoth 1/2 inch ratchet set to get the sear sway undone, and it was still an effort. The front strut requires a lot of work and a hoist I imagine to get it out, so i'm just gonna pay some1 to get it over and done with. I cant wait for silva to send me the spacers so I can test out my front strut brace.

Plus whiteline control springs are a perfect ride height. I recomend them with a capital R

So we are going to recieve spacers for the strut bar?

So we are going to recieve spacers for the strut bar?

I PMd silva yesterday to send 3 sets down (18 spacers) and he said he will ring whiteline today. I tried to find similar automotive spacers, with no luck, and i'm not going to temp to pile up a bunch of washers. I guess we will have to wait till he sends them down.

Called today and have organised for them to be sent directly to Specialized's address. I told them to send 18 spacers for the front strut braces. Should arrive in the next day or so. :D

Called today and have organised for them to be sent directly to Specialized's address. I told them to send 18 spacers for the front strut braces. Should arrive in the next day or so. :D

any chance they can send the spacers to my house? or ill have to travel 1 and half hours to grab dem off spec32.. lol

any chance they can send the spacers to my house? or ill have to travel 1 and half hours to grab dem off spec32.. lol

Silva spoke to whiteline and they will send it on the next couple of days to Spec32s address. I work in richmond so if any1 want to pick them up from me during business hours thats fine.

Had my rear sway bar installed by the mechanic round the corner this morning for $40. I was going to do it, but my Torque wrench is a cheap pos and my socket set does not have the right size!

Took it for a little spin and it handles like its on rails!

All I have done is pedders lowered springs, Whiteline Rear sway and Whiteline strut. Huge improvment over stock.

Very happy!

Edited by Gumball

Had my rear sway bar installed by the mechanic round the corner this morning for $40. I was going to do it, but my Torque wrench is a cheap pos and my socket set does not have the right size!

Took it for a little spin and it handles like its on rails!

All I have done is pedders lowered springs, Whiteline Rear sway and Whiteline strut. Huge improvment over stock.

Very happy!

ive installed the whiteline front strut brace and car feels better to drive.. im waiting on a TRD rear sway bar to arrive which I think will make more difference:)

I get alot more feedback fromt hje road withthe strut brace and less body twist

I tightened it all up by hand

i installed the strut and rear sway today without the spacers.. the mechanic said u dont need the spacers .. so what the heck .. gee does the car rip through the turns without any hesitations !! im loving it ... well worth the wait .. ! lets get a group buy on coilovers now :lol:

THANX SILVERBULLET. *hugz* :P

I attempted to install the front strut brace but my cheap socket set cracked on me while trying to undo the super tight bolts. :angry:

Oh well, classic case of buy cheap buy twice.

Got to take it somewhere to get it done now.

I attempted to install the front strut brace but my cheap socket set cracked on me while trying to undo the super tight bolts. :angry:

Oh well, classic case of buy cheap buy twice.

Got to take it somewhere to get it done now.

i also used a cheapo socket set .. i had to use the pump method instead of brute force..

what u do is give the wrench a quick pump of pressure to undo the initial tightness .. and then put constant pressure to remove the bolt.

If u put constant pressure from the start then it will crack/snap/pop :)

so very quick pulses is the key to get started

BTW - i only used 2 spacers.. on the bolts closest to my window .. and no spacer on the one closest to the front of the car. I think it sits flatter. But nfi really :)

• 1 month later...

I got quoted $50 to get the strut brace fitted. One guy tried to rip me off and said that it had to be on a hoist to adjust etc... and putting it on level ground will make it useless.

So I called up whiteline, and they confirmed that their strut brace should only be fitted and adjusted when the car is on level ground.

I ended up buying a 450mm sidchrome 1/2 inch wrench and 12mm socket to undo the strut bolts. With the right tools, the bolts were very easy to get off !

Now with the strut brace on, the front feels more solid and appears to have better turn in. :D

Very happy with the product.