[ACT] Canberra Thread

MT

I just bought a sportivo grille. However it needs a repair on the paint work. Would it be best to take it somewhere or do it myself? Repair it or get it fully repainted.

My CarPC Project is also well underway. Currently designing a bracket for the touchscreen.

Just take it somewhere mate. At least you know it'll get done properly :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who seriously came out on top from that?

Items bought:

Red TRD Wheel Nuts

P1 Buddyclub rims 17x7

Eyelids

Grille

Rear Skirt

D2 Racing Spec Coilovers...lol

Things on the way (not yet bought):

Tint (darkest legally possible)

CAI (i'm so sorry guys, I'm still organising our group buy. I've been crook :()

3 1/2 or 4 inch round tip to suit skirt. i'm getting this done real soon (i'm cutting a hole in the skirt)

Excedy HD clutch

No matter how good a start I get you should be able to reel me in by the top of 3rd (Sportivo third). But yeah we ended it at like 100km/h then braked rather heavily.

Oi sounds like we're having a big installation day with Rob. Let's get all that sh*t in there, giddy up

Edited by Tayles

Ah yes that makes sense now man.

Yeah I recieved the grille and eyelids yesterday. The grille is an OEM one so i does stick out a little, but it looks proportionate still. Pre-fitted it yesterday and cut the mesh to suit also. Once I pick up the rear skirt tomorrow morning from fyshwick i'll be phoning around for quotes next week to get it painted.

I'll have to get the tip done before that though, so I'll talk to mick0082's exhaust man for that. What do you guys think? 3 1/2 inch or 4 inch? I was thinking 4 inch because it might look better with the skirt. It may look like a cannon but I don't think that'd look too bad. I think it'd look good.

Thoughts guys?

Rob u've always got something on the boil!

Whats to say i think ur conscience has told u already...just do it all~

By the way u goin' to get a front struct brace? r they really worth it/do they just do bugger all honestly in >structural rigidity/handling by themselves...hmmm. Let me know. Looking forward to seeing a very nice RED sportivo when ur done...just to prove that red cars go faster!

Rob u've always got something on the boil!

Whats to say i think ur conscience has told u already...just do it all~

By the way u goin' to get a front struct brace? r they really worth it/do they just do bugger all honestly in >structural rigidity/handling by themselves...hmmm. Let me know. Looking forward to seeing a very nice RED sportivo when ur done...just to prove that red cars go faster!

lmao

haha...yes dude the front strut makes a huge difference apparently. Tightens up the front end immensley and reduces front roll. The TRD, Cusco or C-One strut are the ones to get.

Yeah hopefully it'll be looking different very soon lol. We'll organise something shortly ;)

Hey punks, so far I have purchased:

- Big chrome/rice muffler with twin tips from BigBum $100

- Blitz LM Short Ram Intake from Bangn ('cos I'm too cheap to fork out for a real CAI) $150

I've been sanding and filing the muffler a bit and doing a bit of prep work before I put it on, it's pretty much done - it should be quieter than my current one and hence less annoying, but if it saps too much power I'll just change back. And the SRI is yet to arrive but I plan to get some super mofo ducting material organised so it sucks cold and hard (the way Rob likes it).

Anyways keep it real. We gotta get a meet happening.

Who else is modding this holidays?

JIMMY

It's time for an oil change too.

Castrol Edge Sport 5W/30 is on special at Supercheap fellas, I dunno about Sportivo' but 5W/30 is the recommended for my engine. I know Mick used to run Castrol Formula R 5W/30 'cos I read an ancient thread the other day - Edge is the new Formula R isn't it?

Anyways, peace, where is everybody?

Castrol Edge is the shiz. It's developed for high revving engines and turbos (ie: ones that conduct a buttload of heat).

Hogsbreath Cafe in Phillip @ 7:00pm Wednesday beehatches, be there or be ghey lol

You guys going to make a booking?

Castrol Edge is the shiz. It's developed for high revving engines and turbos (ie: ones that conduct a buttload of heat).

Hogsbreath Cafe in Phillip @ 7:00pm Wednesday beehatches, be there or be ghey lol

You guys going to make a booking?

Well I don't think that many will be coming. So far 3 of us. Don't really need a booking.

EDIT:

Well I don't think that many will be coming. So far FOUR of us. Don't really need a booking.

Count Jimmy-T in too :P (unless I was in the original roll call)

we need:

Mick x2, Richo, Rob, Jimmy, Anthony, Dom, Sheldon... who else is in our posse?

Stage 1 of Christmas meet begins today :P

Stage 1:

Everyone list when they are available (ie: on holidays)

Ok I'll start: 20th of December to the 3rd of January. Should be available between 20th to 24th and 26th to the 29th of December.

Display of interest:

1. bADbOYz

lol

Hi everyone,

A long time away from the forums for me!

My Xmas availibility doesn't look that good.

I finish work next Friday 22nd December and leave town that afternoon. Heading back to my folks place.

Back in Canberra on Thursday 28th December and fly out to Brisbane the next day (Fri 29th) for some New Years partying!

I get back in on Tues 2nd Jan and back at work on the 3rd.

Sorry guys, looks like i'm out.

It's time for an oil change too.

Castrol Edge Sport 5W/30 is on special at Supercheap fellas, I dunno about Sportivo' but 5W/30 is the recommended for my engine. I know Mick used to run Castrol Formula R 5W/30 'cos I read an ancient thread the other day - Edge is the new Formula R isn't it?

Anyways, peace, where is everybody?

In response to Jimmy's thread....

Yes I used to run the 5W/30 Formula R and tried the updated Edge version of the same viscosity. I've now dropped that as my engine was way too chattery in the top end for my liking especially around idle.

I'm still running Edge, but moved up to the 10W/40 version. Its $20-$30 more expensive per 5L, but when your changing your oil every 5000km's, I expect to be pouring some $$$ into it anyways.

Upon consulting Castrols online lube guide, seems they have updated their database when Edge arrived to reflect the same. 5W/30 no longer recommended for the 2ZZ's.

10w40 is all i have ever used.

stivo's need semi thick oil - 5w 30/40 is too thin imo

If i'm going to listen to anyone it's you guys, Master Taylor or Maaster Macri (my godfather lol).

I'll do another oil change next week bugger it. 10w/40 it is then. I'm still using Edge btw :)

Btw Dom if you read this I'm getting my eyelids and grille painted at J-Racing for $100. Now these guys I will trust as an old friend of mine Steve McLaren now works there.

Note: I'm also getting the rear skirt painted and fitted on the same day for $180, that includes a small modification for the muffler (I couldn't be stuffed waiting for a different tip lol, you guys got up me last time we met to finally do something so now i'm doing it haha).

This is all happening on Wednesday, my first day off! WOOT!