[ACT] Canberra Thread

MT

That was a typo on my behalf guys....

Its a 0W/40 not a 10W/40.

Which on paper suggests that its thinner than the 5W/30 but in reality doesn't seem to be.

So far it feels better in the hot conditions and feels more linear in lift.

As for cold starts it seems the same. Mine still runs like a dog until its built up oil pressure. From day one it always refused to move without putting on a drama within the first couple of minutes.

Not sure if this is a characteristic of the engine, or the way mine has run in. Either way, it gets idled for about 5 mins before it moves anywhere anyways....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stage 1 of Christmas meet begins today :P

Stage 1:

Everyone list when they are available (ie: on holidays)

Ok I'll start: 20th of December to the 3rd of January. Should be available between 20th to 24th and 26th to the 29th of December.

Display of interest:

1. bADbOYz

lol

Hey guys,

Like everyone else (except Robbie) i havent been on for a while (well a long while)......

Anyways, i am now finished for the year and will be in Canberra until Boxing Day so give us a buzz and we will catch up....after Boxing Day i am flying to Brisbane and return on the 6th to start back at work on the 9th...

Cheers

Count me in whenever.

My work schedule isn't concrete this time of the year so give me a buzz when something's going down and I'll most likely be able to sort something out.

It will be good to get everyone together again.

(who's free Thursday night, December 21?)

• 1 month later...

Mickism,

That is the Domino's pizza hatch from the Weston Creek store (just down the road lol). Fella I know manages the store (180sx owner w. SR20 etc) and grabbed a tivo and echo as the delivery cars. They met me one night at a set of lights and proved the theory to them that if they know how to shift they'll be very suprised lol. Some of the guys had no idea what the 2zz was capable of haha.

We will do something soon guys. I'm in the process of going into temp work in the government, so I'll be taking a few weeks off in the transition period. It's going to be action time then for sure.

I'm very frustrated with life atm, and with work in particular (always at work and no time for car), so i'll have to make the time myself to finally bring the sportivo to life. I need another holiday badly :(

I finally got my rear sway bar installed. Those bolts were pretty tight, and I finally borrowed a torque wrench to do them back up with. :)

The ride is pretty good now. I had my eye on those other trd sportivo springs and shocks, but they are sold now. :blink:

Edited by fad

Perhaps sometime next week will be ok? Problem is, I never know what i'm doing one day to the next.

Hahaha, here here!

Wednesday Thursday Friday nights should be good for me, rest of the staff are back from holidays finally <_<

Anyways keep 'em coming, we've got phone numbers etc.

Seeya soon boys

Hi there.

Just wondering if i could come to one of the meets to check out your stivos.

I'm in the process of getting a EXTREMELY cheap audio upgrade this sunday.

Can ya let me know?

Cheers

Well well who be you *looks suspiciously* lol j/k

I'll send you a pm and give you some info :D

Guys if you're free Thursday night we'll do something then.

We have a new fella joining us, 'Andrew' is his name. Give us all a chance to introduce each other methinks.

PS: Anyone heard from the black facelift we saw in civic that day? He's gone back into hiding.

Hi there.

Just wondering if i could come to one of the meets to check out your stivos.

I'm in the process of getting a EXTREMELY cheap audio upgrade this sunday.

Can ya let me know?

Cheers

hey mate yep more than welcome! Mick0082 and I (and maybe richo :huh: ) have just installed a EXTREMELY expensive audio upgrade (similar) so you are welcome to check that out.

Dunno what robs PM said but post up anything thats in the process of planning and we will go from there.

BTW what kinda car u got?

We have a new fella joining us, 'Andrew' is his name. Give us all a chance to introduce each other methinks.

PS: Anyone heard from the black facelift we saw in civic that day? He's gone back into hiding.

I keep seeing a black facelift with 16"?? chromies goin round tuggers area.. saw it with a flat battery at vikings tuggies and then driving towards erindale after work one day. tried to get his attention to give a thumbs up but failed miserably :P

Cant wait to meet yous and your rides :yahoo:

:)

i drive a sedan conquest with P plates

ahh awesome!!! will be good to have a sedan amongst our ranks!!

U ever been for a ride in a sportivo???

If not i've shotgunned taking u for a spin...

Cant wait to meet yous and your rides :yahoo:

:)

i drive a sedan conquest with P plates

ahh awesome!!! will be good to have a sedan amongst our ranks!!

U ever been for a ride in a sportivo???

If not i've shotgunned taking u for a spin...

Actually no :( ....

but i'd love to go for a ride in the stivo thanks

you might wanna check with one of the canberra stivo owners before offering their services out mick...

:lol: nah its ok tom i will just use MY sportivo cos as u know its pretty dam quick... i seem to remember u crying like a little bitch down near the cotter :P

Gaaahhh I'm busy Thursday now! ....maybe. Friday Saturday Sunday? I'll see if I can cancel thursday.

I dont think the black facelift chrome guy liked us :D

hey mate yep more than welcome! Mick0082 and I (and maybe richo :huh: ) have just installed a EXTREMELY expensive audio upgrade (similar) so you are welcome to check that out.

It wasn't THAT expensive...

I've got a more down-to-earth budget setup which was all DIY (I'm technically still a P-plater too so low budget), you'll see that too no doubt...

:lol: nah its ok tom i will just use MY sportivo cos as u know its pretty dam quick... i seem to remember u crying like a little bitch down near the cotter :P

You're a homo

Oi Richo came into work tonight and he's keen to hit something up over the weekend - we'll check out if he's available on thursday. It's been a while since we've heard from Tony, Dom's been around lately. What about Micky C? It's not a meet without Micky C!

Anyways I'll update my availability soon :)

You can tell they're brothers.

I'm not fussed ay. Jacqui is leaving for queensland next week so I might be doing something with her on the weekend b!tchola's.

Ok...after having a bombshell dropped on me yesterday by...well...yeah anyway...

I'm heading to Yass friday night to stay with a friend who is going to be introduced to the Corolla experience in sydney on Saturday. So i'll be away for the weekend. I'm up for something tonight or tomorrow arvo I guess guys so...yeah.

PS: Sorry for sounding like a sad sack.

sweet not a problem then!!

any mods as yet?

ummm mods i dont know if they are classified as a mod. but i removed the green sleeves which covers the console lights. Which make the console Orange and not White <_< ;)

ummm sorry to say i wont be able to do anything till next week :( . I have just gone under Orthokeratology. And my eyes are still adjusting, they are in the state of half way to perfect vision, so i guess no drivin for atleast 3days to let my eyes rest :(