Sportivo - Seat Leather Stretched

Greetz to all.

I have a Feb 2004 build sportivo. I've always owned Toyotas but this is my first new car and I'm happy with buy I must say.

Not too many dramas with the car - classic problem with the "Gear Cable" rattle (still no field fix apparently). It goes pretty well. I would say its way low on torque but get the thing eating up the revs and she holds her own !

My biggest irritation with the car is the leather on the front seats. After 500KM the seat leather was rippling i.e it is no longer tight.... South Side Toyota in QLD advised me that it is a characteristic of the car (but they replaced it anyway). Of course the leather is already rippling again ... and no I am not a heavy guy (69KG) and I don't drive with my wallet in my back pocket.

Anyone else got the problem? I am more annoyed by the fact that it is the first thing that people notice when they are looking at the car for the first time. Of course I could put in seat covers... but heh that won't help when I come to sell it.

All in all the sportivo is a great little car that really surprises when she gets into the high rev range. She certainly annoys the new XR6 (non turbo) and the renault cleo sports and RX Subarus don't like her much either. Even more surpising is how she stands up against the Nissan 200SX's, Holden Astra Turbos and the like.

The little bitch rocks !

ive done about 26000kms and have nothing like that with my seats, the drivers seat is showing a little bit of wear but no ripping or stretching, maybe uve just got a couple of dodgy seats

I have some fading leather on the front passenger seat but no rippling. I guess with the Stivo everyone has their own problems , big or small. Anyway congrats on getting the car and welcome to the forum, must be one of the last few in the showrooms :lol:

Zee

I have a Feb 2004 Plated, Build and Compliance Model. The car has travelled 4000klms, my weight is approximately 115kgs. The leather seat is fine so far.

Anyway congrats on getting the car and welcome to the forum, must be one of the last few in the showrooms :lol:

Zee

There's still a silver one at my dealer.

I have a crease in the front passenger seat, but it's no real drama. More a natural blemish in the hide I guess. No other leather probs.

Welcome matey :D congrats on the purchase.

I'm around 67Kg and the seats are still fine. like screaminrolla said, you could have a couple of dodgey seats. It might also be the seating positions. putting too much pressure at one point on the seat. i don't think the leather is stretching but rather the cushion compressing.

anyways. welcome dude.

YAY! another Brisbanite :D :D

Congrats on the purchase mate ;)

Im around 80-85 Kg (depending on lunch) and I dont have a problem with the seats at all. even though the warm days up here in QLD all seems good and I have done 10,000 K's.

like some of the guys mentioned? maybe the seeting position is causing this???

Thanks to all for their greetings. I am surprised that most people are not indicating a problem with their seats -- especially since South Side indicated that the problem was a known characteristic of the car! I guess I will have to monitor the situation and take it from there !

I should take this opportunity to say that the guys at SST have always been helpful and in general their customer service is excellent....

as soon as i got the car i bought seat covers.

and when i clean the car i take the covers off...and haven't noticed any abnormal wear and tear at all. All my seats (front and back) look & feel good as new.