2011 aurion

L4WL3SS

Good idea to start a thread on your car mate. It's always nice to see other people's cars as they go through certain aspects of change or just simply like what I do, maintenance and detailing threads.

Again, I have to say, those wheels look like they belong their. They are perfectly suited to the 40 series. NIce :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the Pic's Adam, like others have said always great to see what others have done to their beauties, has come up really nice mate and the wheels do look like they belonged from the word go. What head unit did you install in it? as it looks very much like our Clarion unit we went for when we changed ours

KAA

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2021 at 12:49 AM, KAA said:

What head unit did you install in it? as it looks very much like our Clarion unit we went for when we changed ours

It's a JVC KW-V250BT which like most Kenwood/jvc models has a built in steering wheel button controller which made installation a breeze, and I used aerpro Toyota spacers to reuse the larger factory faceplate.

Added a pair of cheap jvc 6x9 with custom spacers & Kenwood tweeters for extra clarity. Will look at bass options soon

IMG-20210611-074409.jpg

Edited by L4WL3SS

Thanks for the Pic's mate, yes very similar to my Clarion Head Unit, same similar size same features as ours. The Tweeters look nice, we just stuck with what came with the Presara as the sound has always been great with the standard. I do have spare speakers I bought and stored for another car we had. so if we do have an issue they are set too go. I have always loved my music and am fussy with clarity and quality when getting a chance to cruise (which is impossible with lockdown stay at home) so was a easy choice to change the standard unit to something much much better.

Nice job looks great mate and ty again for the Pic's

KAA

On 7/2/2021 at 9:48 PM, Metal_Head said:

IMG-20210604-164756.jpg

Just thinking. That tweeter is where the A-Pillar airbag deploys. I'd hate for them to cause injury in the event of a crash, God Forbid. I'd be more inclined to have them at the bottom of the pillar, at least that's where I think the airbag can't foul the speaker.

Who advised you to put them their Adam ?

I put them there for all my cars, coz it sounds the best in that location for my ears. If I ever have that airbag deploy, I'll let u know how it goes 

• Haha 1

Fitted 31mm led in dome, & tapped into the dome light's brown & white wires behind the glove box for the footwells. (diagram courtesy of another thread) 

IMG-20210710-195716.jpg

Edited by L4WL3SS
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have been booked in to have dash replaced, for what must be one of the last ones under goodwill warranty. Thank you Toyota 👍

Spent around an hour tidying up all my accessory wiring & preparing the dash for removal, leaving in speedo so I can drive in the meantime. In hindsight I should've just thrown a dashmat on top of it 😂

Edited by L4WL3SS
  • Like 1

Well done on getting the dash replacement, we all live and learn about things we should have done mate. At least once it is done grab a decent dash mat or as I do make sure and keep the dash well protected with quality interior cleaner/protectant. I am sure once it is done and all back to looking good again the joy of driving our beauties will return because there is nothing more annoying than staring at a crappy dash mate.

KAA

• Thanks 1

Yeah your right. I hate dashmats. 

You can tell these guys have done a lot of these before. I don't believe it to be as hard job as made out to be.

Edited by Metal_Head

Man those guys are like robots going in there. I just don't like the way they throw the parts on the floor. Guaranteed scratches and grazes on all the visible sides. This is why i hate others working on my car.

Why are they changing the dash pad anyway ? It looks fine to me. 

Edited by Tony Prodigy

10 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

Yeah your right. I hate dashmats. 

You can tell these guys have done a lot of these before. I don't believe it to be as hard job as made out to be.

That is 2 experienced guys with teamwork moving along to try and get close to the 15 minute mark. They must have done lots of dashboard replacements to know exactly what needed to be done without any reference to instructions.

I am guessing that the fellow sitting down is the dealership's master technician. All is well until something goes wrong. 

• Like 1

Had a cheap 100cpsi cat fitted to replace the 3rd (factory is 600cpsi)

Engine note is clearer, volume hasn't changed too much.

Edited by L4WL3SS

1 hour ago, Metal_Head said:

Had a cheap 100cpsi cat fitted to replace the 3rd (factory is 600cpsi)

Engine note is clearer, volume hasn't changed too much

Totally agree. Similar results when I changed the 3rd catalytic convertor. Definitely no droning noise etc. which is exactly what I want.

Haha nice :thumbsup:

Sounds crispy and clean. I hate drone exhaust. Just on a side note while we're on the subject of exhaust notes, check out the exhaust note from an E46 M3. Oooh yeah !! They have a signature raspy sound.

Thanks 👍

New dash is in. The color is dark Grey, so contrasts a little against the charcoal door trims, & the fitment behind the clock isnt the best, but overall I'm really happy & there's zero noises coming from the dash for once 😂 oh and also had the oil cooler hose recall done at the same time... Winning 👍👍👍

Edited by L4WL3SS
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Paint has nice depth & shine for such a light colour, & living out in the sun.. Mothers cleaner wax was applied 1 month ago, & bowdens wax wash weekly. 

Edited by L4WL3SS
  • Like 1

on ebay, the surrounds looked like they might have brackets which are screwed on? I wasnt sure so i did it the hard way haha. Will take a better pic another time. I think it looks much nicer. Honestly thinking about doin the grille as well. Might need to photoshop first... 

Edited by L4WL3SS