A/C Refrigerant Capacity

TommyM

Hey all, just wondering if anyone happens to know the exact refrigerant capacity for an 04' Mark 3 Avalon ?

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a sticky/thread in the workshop area for all Toyota models & relevant refrigerant charge capacity.

Camry, Landcruiser, Landcruiser Prado, Aurion, Avalon, Corolla, etc.

Edited by TommyM

10 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Hey Tommy, hope you're well.

Is your refrigerant decal missing ?

Here's what I found mate. I also verified it here.

23 oz = 625 grams/ R134A

A sticky would be a good Idea. The mods will have to approve it of course.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Those are the US systems. Upon ringing the Toyota dealers, two of which i know. They both verified it's an Australia-Specific system unlike the US models, bigger evap, etc. The Camry's run a different system although the 1MZ compressor is identical. All other components are different. Hence why they probably run around the 650g mark.

Charge capacity from two dealers is actually 800g (+/- 50g)

But i appreciate the help regardless. How can i get a sticky/thread put in the workshop area ? Lol

Edited by TommyM

40 minutes ago, TommyM said:

Those are the US systems. Upon ringing the Toyota dealers, two of which i know. They both verified it's an Australia-Specific system unlike the US models, bigger evap, etc. The Camry's run a different system although the 1MZ compressor is identical. All other components are different. Hence why they probably run around the 650g mark.

Charge capacity from two dealers is actually 800g (+/- 50g)

Oh ok then. I suspect perhaps our climate being more harsh than the Northern Hemisperically challenged folk, hence the need for the larger evap coil.

Makes sense. Car systems are usually between 650g to around 800g anyway and a good fridgy would be able to charge it correctly without the need for an exact quantity anyway. But in saying that, one can drop an exact charge in and walk away just as quickly too.

8 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Oh ok then. I suspect perhaps our climate being more harsh than the Northern Hemisperically challenged folk, hence the need for the larger evap coil.

Makes sense. Car systems are usually between 650g to around 800g anyway and a good fridgy would be able to charge it correctly without the need for an exact quantity anyway. But in saying that, one can drop an exact charge in and walk away just as quickly too.

Mate of mine does a/c, so i just wana get the system checked. Every automotive a/c leaks a small miniscule percent every year. So it's a simple clean bill of health basically. My FG MKII (when they actually got the a/c right) is just as good as my Toyota in terms of coldness. Sub 4° temps at the vents.

FG mark 1's though were awful, then they went backwards again with the FG-X lol

They average 8° at the vents hahaha !

I think it was more than an evap coil, condenser, compressor, etc. To my knowledge, all i know is they're not cheap to replace 😂😂

My G6E holds 520g (+/- 10g)

Most newer systems hold less & less. Hell a VF holds 470g. Refrigerant is a weird thing at how little amount can do the job, they'll never be as cold as older GM's though. I think the Aurion's aroung the 500g mark too off memory.