Shorten Gear Shifter

wait, i'm confused. the right is shorter right? but then why is the left one non-stock :huh: u went from modified, to stock, and it got shorter?

tho, that white one looks more shift friendly, but i dont like how the leather is at full stretch.

hard to say with 2 different styles like that. Would have been nicer + easier with the same knob and leather :(

short looks nice though :) but the question is is your arm too stretched with it that short though ??

2 different cars I would say the owner has changed to a short shift in his Stivo and then thought "Hmmmm comparison would be good" so has taken a photo of a different (none sportivo I might add) shifter. Look at the climate control you can just see the edge of it, its got a twisty dial. look at the seat, HUGE give away. Look at the leather shifter surround, differnent stitching and grain in the leather.

Am I right am I right, do I get a prize??

But yes, you can notice and it looks heaps nice short :).

There is no way in hell I would do a chop job on a sportivo shifter, its touchy in high revs already, chopping the stick would make it even harder to shift in high revs, the short shift kit would be only way I would shorten my stick.

if i remember correctly when i was at the store, the short-shifter kit for the sportivo from TRD doesn't really shorten the height of the shift stick too much, if not at all, but just shortens the travel distance required to engage/disengage.

hey, just want to provide a bit of info

most proper short shifters, arent exactly shorter than your stock shifter.

the throw is shorter, however height is usually the same as the stock shifter.

short shifters are cool but i don't really have a need for them and can't really justify the cost (i'm just cheap :P )

i cut the shifter in my old celica and it felt really good to drive. because of the shorter stick, the throw is slightly shortened (just like hold the stick lower). i was so busy thinking about how good the shift felt that i rear ended someone on the same day :( :blink: there wasn't much damage but the front paint was all cracked.