DIY CAI Stock Filter

DuGong check if there is any scratches left behind where ur pipe is sitting.. i had similar set up when i was on short ram but the pipe was next to the foglight.. after i removed it , i had so many scratches from it. :angry:

yeah.. still using the panel...

waiting for a pod filter so it can be coverd with the ducting.. therefore its gonna actlike a cold air intake

hrmmz...cutting a hole in the front fog light cover, and exposing the CAI sounds like a pretty good idea performance wise - but wouldn't the pod get dirtier, quicker?

Also, if u were to adopt filo rolla's setup, except using the hose to purely filter cold air around the engine bay - would any performance gains be achievable? * i'm thinking along the lines of DuGong, but rather than cut a large hole, drill mini ones?

cheers to filo rolla for the thread, ALL the DIYers come out!! :D or better still, mention ur 'WHAT IF', and most likely some one is bound to try it! :P

post-1310-1145438647_thumb.jpg

still works like standard - just different size piping and location. Even where the standard snorkle is pretty good as it is directly behind the headlamp, in front of the engine, you get good cold air feed over there.

If you look at the standard piping, it looks like a tuned piping as the shape gets bigger when it reached the box. It accelerates air that way I would say. Maybe that piping isn't restricitive from standard box point of view.

Edited by Danz

i think that cold air kit will get dirtier and more damp cos the filter sits lower where the fog light is. if the fog light / cover is removed... it makes the filter more vulnerable to dirt and water..

i chose short ram with the ducting . why? wont get wet, will get dirty. less restrictive than cold air cos its a short 3 inch piping i think.. the ducting is bigger than 3 inch. more air flows proportional to the speed as it is mounted where the fog light is. finally.. its a cheapos way of a CAI

thats my theory.

If you want to make it into that kind of set-up, what you do is make a heat shield box, with an opening for your cold air feed piping.

This is the method found under integra type R std airbox, and S2000 std air box - and mugen air intake.

By the way, unless your short ram filter is boxed, or shielded, it will get wet still by incoming water from rain that went into the engine bay. I know because I once make a DIY Short ram intake.