Camcon vvti controller

SyxXPaC

box2.jpg

Hey all,

I know there was one of these a while back but now im interested in buyign the camcon unit after hearing nothign but good reports from guys at 9th gen.

SO i tracked down the cheapst i could find which anded up at EDO performance is the states.

I have emailed them for a price for 3 units. Hopeing to get 2 more people to particapate.

total cost they gave me to 3 units is $1000 US, making it a total of

$440 AUD Each Shipped!!

the details are on their site here.

http://shop.edoperformance.com/product_inf...roducts_id=4879

The Camcon offical site is Here

And for some other advice check Here (9th gen forum)

Another good thing is they say it increases fuel economy as the AF is tuned properly.

Also there are a few pre tuned settigns on that forum for ther 1ZZ or you could get it done at a dyno for around 200 bucks

Anyone wanna give it a try?? Below is a dyno result from a 1zz-fe MRS

MR-S.jpg

Edited by SyxXPaC

Hey Bill i would be interested, but that depends when u do this buy and if i have the cash so...yeah maybe we can get a few more guys and the price might go down abit more.

Cheers mate

Sweet Voy, Yeah this is the price for 3. SO remember the more people the cheaper it gets as shipping is sh!t expensive!!

I think ill be looking to make the purchase before the end of june. (Ready for the queensland mazda day :P)

Hey we all know i am the 1zz man with the 1/4 record so i have to get as many mods on this car so i can beat northys time and have the fastest 1zz on the forum ever :rolleyes: so hmm yea lets get it wats 400$ anyway :D im in B)

• 3 weeks later...

do these work with autos?

Yes they do work with autos as there is one on our forum that has the camcon.

i wonder is it really worth it for 5hp @ wheels?

i wonder the same thing....

for $400 i can get alot of other things for my car and miss out on the couple of kw i'd gain... i dont think ill be in this buy...

maybe one day if i can afford it and can justify that amount for a small gain...

Number one i would suggest that NO_ONE USE THE BASE SETTINGS!!! You HAVE to get it properly tuned on a dyno!! And go to a GOOD TUNER if you dont know what their credentials are like then make sure they use a KNOCK SENSOR on the engine (who believes anything the guys in the states say and anyway look how crap their fuel is!! <_< :lol: ) As for the Camcon being used on a stivo don't waste your $400 just save more and get a stand alone once you get a taste for what a piggy back can do you will want more out of it and that can only be achieved with a full-replacement ECU!! The Camcon can be used on Auto and manual 1ZZ-fe's.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Hey we all know i am the 1zz man with the 1/4 record so i have to get as many mods on this car so i can beat northys time and have the fastest 1zz on the forum ever :rolleyes: so hmm yea lets get it wats 400$ anyway :D im in B)

someone get this rookie o.u.t. OUT :P

jks lol :lol:

Evo