Sportivo vs VY Clubsport

G'Day guys,

I've had my for Sportivo for about 12 months and have been visiting this site for a while and decided it was about time I had some input.

On the way home from work today I had run short run against a VY clubsport (260kw, auto trans I think), anyway in 1st he slowly pulled way about 1 car length, until I hit lift at which point I pulled about 1/4 of a car length back. At that point we caught up with the trafic in front of us and had to back off. But I think the HSV driver was very suprised to see the corolla still next to him at 70km/h.

Anyway, one thing I have been curious about reading all your posts the last few months, what do all you guys do for a living? I'm an engineer in the automotive industry.

shaohaok,

Don't want to give away exact details, but I work for one of the major tier one automotive suppliers, we manufacture original equipment for Toyota, Ford, Holden and Mitsubishi.

Welcome to the forum although you have been around for a while.. Welcome! Just have to ask, especially when you mentioned you are an engineer for Toyota :P Have you got problems on your Stivo and do you by any chance know anything regarding the problems some or most of us Stivo owners are experiencing?

Don't want to give away exact details, but I work for one of the major tier one automotive suppliers, we manufacture original equipment for Toyota, Ford, Holden and Mitsubishi

hehe same here, in a project engineering capacity :ph34r:

E-Gene, good luck with opening your cafe up, let me know if its in Melbourne...

Cheers

Just have to ask, especially when you mentioned you are an engineer for Toyota Have you got problems on your Stivo and do you by any chance know anything regarding the problems some or most of us Stivo owners are experiencing?

My Sportivo has about 13,000km on it and I have the same issues everyone else here, eg noisy brakes when reversing, mild gear cable rattle etc.

Unfortunately I don't have any inside info on any of these issues or the ADR/recall issue. The company I work for supplies parts that go on the Australian built Toyotas (i.e. camry & avalon) so the engineers at Toyota we deal with are focused on these models and in general don't have anything to do with the import models (i.e corolla etc.), but if anything does come up I will be sure to post it here.

By the way I'm also from Melbourne B)

Hi dude. welcome.

I'm a web programmer (boring! ;) ) is that your car in the picture. I just realised that there aren't too many silver s'tivos on this forum. correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm a web programmer (boring!  ) is that your car in the picture. I just realised that there aren't too many silver s'tivos on this forum. correct me if i'm wrong.

Nah, not my car in the picture. Althoug strangely enough mine does look exactly the same :blink: :D

The picture is a cropped version of one of the photos from the original Toyota media release for the Sportivo.

That's put the Clubsport Vs Sportivo to the test.

My friend has a VY SS Series II Ute fitted with the CSV kit, capable of 305kw.

Next time the Melbourne meet is on, I will invite him, and hopefully organize a drive to sandown or calder and see really which one is faster.

Also we can compare to other various make and models.

p.s. I work very hard; and bloody long hours.

That's put the Clubsport Vs Sportivo to the test.

My friend has a VY SS Series II Ute fitted with the CSV kit, capable of 305kw.

Next time the Melbourne meet is on, I will invite him, and hopefully organize a drive to sandown or calder and see really which one is faster.

Don't get me wrong!! I'm not suggesting that the Sportivo could have taken the Clubsport, but I think the HSV driver was expecing to leave me in his dust when he took off in the way that he did, but was supprised to see the corolla still next to his rear bumper. I know if I had paid $60,000 for a 'performance' V8 sedan I would expect to easily blow off a corolla.

Hey, welcome. Im a programmer for Sony Music, Owned my Stivo for 8 months and almost ready to sell it :'( I love it and all but am about to move to the city so I can walk to work, I will no longer need a car and I will no longer have a place to park it either.

It will be a sad day indeed :(

i myself am a registered nurse that works in Emergency who self qualified to do a part time job of kicking my sportivos **** as i drive it to the limit

Wow, i am also an RN, new grad but. Graduated last July and had to go overseas for a while. Currently not employed as an RN yet, looking to get into a program :D