post whore section

blue_rolla

... seeing as a number of us are just forum sluts and we post the crap out of those threads devoted to whoring, i reckon it would be a good idea to clean the place up a bit and make a post whore section of the forum, for those threads like word association, king of the hill etc...

maybe not call it post whore page... but something along those lines?

maybe something polite.... haha but yes i second this, might help more new members post cos they wont be as nervous... or whatever they get... :lol:

maybe the welcome threads?

Great idea :lol:

ill be posting :P

im going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there... :huh: whoring wouldnt be as fun if it didnt make your post count go up...

when u PM people it doesnt count either ay??

YES... it would make reading the forums so much easier as people don't need to scroll through pages of useless crap to find relevant information. I'm finding myself having to do that nowadays.

trust me mate .. there is no relevant info in "king of the hill"

thats why these type of threads are in "General" not corolla or any other part ..

agree on the point that maybe there could be the option to have a seperate area .. but its not crucial

trust me mate .. there is no relevant info in "king of the hill"

Is that a smarta55 comment?

On 2nd thought, how about we not promote post whoring. Hate to see a great forum like this being clogged full of sh*t. Space does cost money, and I didn't pay to support this site for whoring to be promoted.

i think an off topic section would be good

and if that section didnt count towards your post count it would be even better

I think an Off Topic Section is needed because as BigBum said the forum is starting to get clogged up with alot of useless non car related crap.... eg. King of the hill, have the final say, picture number hunt game, are you EMO, is jessica alba hot, pringles, evolution of dance, texas hold'em, Xmen ect....

And If the section does go ahead any posts in the section should deffinately not count towards your post count.... If the only reason people are posting all this useless info is to increase their post count I have just one question....Why???? do you really beleive that if you have a high post count you are more important/respected/admired..... well mabye in the eyes of your fellow forum whores but thats about it....

On other forums which I frequent/Admin if we find that people are intentonally posting crap in the NON Off Topic forums just to increase their count we reset them back to zero and give them a warning, if they continue they receive a short ban.... this is very effective B)

Also as the forum database grows so does the costs $$$ for hosting/running ect.... Of course i dont know if that is the case for this forum but i would assume it is...

anyway thats my 2c worth

I think an Off Topic Section is needed because as BigBum said the forum is starting to get clogged up with alot of useless non car related crap.... eg. King of the hill, have the final say, picture number hunt game, are you EMO, is jessica alba hot, pringles, evolution of dance, texas hold'em, Xmen ect....

And If the section does go ahead any posts in the section should deffinately not count towards your post count.... If the only reason people are posting all this useless info is to increase their post count I have just one question....Why???? do you really beleive that if you have a high post count you are more important/respected/admired..... well mabye in the eyes of your fellow forum whores but thats about it....

On other forums which I frequent/Admin if we find that people are intentonally posting crap in the NON Off Topic forums just to increase their count we reset them back to zero and give them a warning, if they continue they receive a short ban.... this is very effective B)

Also as the forum database grows so does the costs $$$ for hosting/running ect.... Of course i dont know if that is the case for this forum but i would assume it is...

anyway thats my 2c worth

sounds like a bloody good idea, ill pass this onto steve and see what he thinks.

Totally agree .... I think we should also have some code put into place where if ur post count is over 2500 that if u post a useless post it actually deducts from ur post count :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

On a serious note we really should have a post whore corner for all u whores 2 strut ur stuff :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just to note i dont classify as a post whore!

i dont go into the king of the hill,final say, etc!! i use word assosiation as its fun seeing how ppl relate words.

anyway thats my 2c worth

Hey, evolution of dance was totally worth it!

but sigh, i agree, we need a for fun section that is cleared out on a regular basis.

BUT, its takes time and dedication to post, even non-car stuff.

Leave the count on, we all work hard to make the forum fun and active.

Afterall even the Chrome man has his fan club. :P

Edited by negatron

i dont think you should start resetting people's post counts and stuff...

we whore it up and muck around to have a bit of fun online with people in our club... i've paid my $40 and got a silver membership, so surely i shouldnt be punished for more posts?

why, you ask? why not? its a bit of fun... we make a game out of the post count... if you've got a problem with it, just ignore our post counts... far out look at TOC-UK. there are more whores in there than here, and they have double the posts we're accumulating from their "games" ... thats why im asking for a games section, so we can have our fun and not disturb you people who are just here for the solid information you wanna receive and the serious stuff you wanna read and whinge about it...

and pete you used to be a post whore so you're no better than the rest of us!

come on people! if this is supposed to be a real serious forum, how are you going to get people in and posting and building a real community?

far out as it is, i think people whinge far too much about pathetic things on this forum... lighten up people!!

lol.. there was no whoring since ~8pm tonite

seems like that whoring = costs

so limit whoring games to silver members? ive noticed theres already few games setup in there, plus the "Silver" tag is extra "bling" for the whores to show off apart from their post counts ;)

lol.. there was no whoring since ~8pm tonite

seems like that whoring = costs

Surprise surprise :P

we whore it up and muck around to have a bit of fun online with people in our club... i've paid my $40 and got a silver membership, so surely i shouldnt be punished for more posts?

No offence mate but paying $40 for silver membership doesn't mean sh*t in terms of doing whatever you want. It doesn't make you immune to anything either. You're still treated the same as non-silver members.

come on people! if this is supposed to be a real serious forum, how are you going to get people in and posting and building a real community?

Whoring deffinately aint one. A games section? Well I like the idea but some may consider it an excuse for whoring :(

I believe this is a REAL community as it is.

Well .. ok .. point taken ...

and YES .. there should be a seperate section ....

But here is my side of the story.

All I know is that when I joined up here it was pretty quiet. And .. that made it pretty scary for a newbie to start posting and interacting with other members.

I honestly feel that it is these "games" that warm up an otherwise cold forum ...

not that there is a problem with a cold forum... But we are in a growth stage where we are trying to encourage new members into our community...

So Yes there should be a seperate section.

Bigbum - No I wasnt being a smart a55 ... there really is no info in "King of the hill" except for some humor and paying each other out ...

Yes this is a forum about Toyotas and brings Toyota owners together ... but as a Toyota owner ... My car is not my only interest and in my life I dont talk about my car all the time...

If this forum is to be solely about cars and nothing else .. then what type of community are we promoting !! ... YES ... We would know/learn about our cars ... BUT ... NO... we wouldnt really get to know our other members and our meets and discussions would not be as fun as they are now ... light humor and topics other than cars are required ....(in a different section)..

I can tell you that I have honestly gained mates on this forum that I would not have had if it wasnt for the "games" on here ... some members of which I have never met .. some which I have .... but consider them all mates.

On another note ...

If you think post whoring significantly increases the cost of maintaining this site .. then you are mistaken...

If it was such an increase in cost Steve would have put a stop to it in all forums .... UK/US TOC and LOC ...

If I am wrong then Steve should stop it all... havent seen it to be a problem of the other forums so I can only presume he is ok with it .. ( Considering that Steve himself start some of the games on the UK site...)

As for the post count ... I really couldnt give a flying fu&K ... it has no bearing of status on here ... the only status is the SILVER ... and thats to only to prove that you support this club and want to see it grow.

I dont see what the issue is with post counting ... stopping .. deleting resetting .. whatever makes you happy ... The pure fact that post counting has come up means that those ppl who brought it up feel that it is some form of status symbol..... .. if they didn’t think that it had something to do with status they would not have brought it up ....

So to recap ...

1. Yes there should be a separate section.

2. Yes "Games" can waste time for other members ... (but not if they dont go into that topic ... esp if there is a separate section)

3. Post count has no bearing on anything other to say that you have some time on your hands and that you enjoy socializing with other forum members ..

4. If anyone on this forum has benefited from being on here they should consider joining Silver membership

I challenge anyone out there to give me a valid explanation as to why "games" detract or reduce the status of this club as a whole !!!

and I can guarantee that in this case .... the PROS will always exceed the CONS..

I didn't pay to support this site for whoring to be promoted.

yeah .. and I didnt pay to support this site to be boring as bat %hit ...

whats your point ??? ... we paid to support for what ever reason ...

as you said below ... "silver dosent mean squat diddly .... and you are treated like any other member"

and that is so true ... it only shows that you support .... for what reason ??? who cares ...

And I cant say for sure or not ....

But I think with out some "games" we wouldnt have as many silver members today ...

I know I wouldnt be ...

And will games like this turn people off signing up ... I dont know ... I dont think it will ... but there is no data to prove that ...

just pulled this off the Top 10 posters for today and its 8:30am......

Posts Today % of today's posts

181 23.78%

157 20.63%

156 20.50%

im not trying to start a **** fight or somthing its just that i dont think some of us done relize how much this amounts too over a few weeks/months its gonna make the forums slower and slower due to the shear volume.....