Am I out of the loop for not knowing about this

would rather an xr5.... much nicer and cheaper by about 4 grand apparently.

there is some chatter of the new corolla having a higher reving engine to compete in the new super 2000 class in the aus rally (as reported in herald sun last friday) but a source has mentioned a 9000 rpm redline and possibly awd.... could we see a new corolla supercar over the euro spec kompressor.

if corolla came out in 4wd id be there for sure...

same if it was factory turbo again :)

doubt it will ever come out with a factory turbo... especially now that the Super 2000 has been announced, they will be concentrating on powerful 2 litre engines, so theres no point in bringing out a turbo just for the street. as for 4WD, its a possibility for the same reason... but we'll have to wait and see i guess.

if corolla came out in 4wd id be there for sure...

same if it was factory turbo again :)

doubt it will ever come out with a factory turbo... especially now that the Super 2000 has been announced, they will be concentrating on powerful 2 litre engines, so theres no point in bringing out a turbo just for the street. as for 4WD, its a possibility for the same reason... but we'll have to wait and see i guess.

The corolla RunX(basically a sportivo) comes in 4wd, but only with the 1zzfe... although I've read that a 2zzge swap sould be reletivly painless.

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/corolla_runx/

Hah. I'd really like to see this thing hold traction.

It has a torque control system that regulates the delivery of power low in the rev's, it's essentially a more advanced traction control system.

Should be good. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Yep it comes with DSC, EBD, Brake Assit and a LSD and 18" rims covered in 215/45R18 rubbers as standard and is about 100kgs lighter than the Mazda6 MPS. Finally some competition in our class. But if it's anything like the 6 MPS it will rev out way too early which means stivo still killin em wit the lift!!!!!

18" rims covered in 215/45R18 rubbers

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

that is some massive diameter rubber for this class of car

well it does have 2 try and put down 185kw 2 the tarmac right .......

bill will beat it

bill will beat it

oh most definitely bring it on :D :D :D :D :D

Nooooooo man.

Bill will just beat it. N/A power. I'm sure the Honda boys would love a crack at this MPS 3 as well.

Sweeeeeet, I love my stivo! They will be a real challange only coz the mps 6 f***ing moves and the mps 3 is 100kg lighter!

Nooooooo man.

Bill will just beat it. N/A power. I'm sure the Honda boys would love a crack at this MPS 3 as well.

Sweeeeeet, I love my stivo! They will be a real challange only coz the mps 6 f***ing moves and the mps 3 is 100kg lighter!

Right now this car has good cred on paper .... i wanna c it in action ;) ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Nooooooo man.

Right now this car has good cred on paper .... i wanna c it in action ;) ;) ;)

Just had my first test drive over Mt Cootha about 30mins ago and my legs wont stop shaking and the smile just refuses to leave my face! DSC would have to be the best motoring invention eva! I was dubious to say the least about the FWD turbo set up but Mazda have pulled it off, so well balanced. I had to really push as hard as I could to start the feeling of understeer but thats when the DSC and TCS really came into play, pulling back straight away. This thing is a rocket and easily controlable, and very direct with the steering. The 18" shadow chrome alloys look awesome - don't think I would bother changing them at all. Seriously comfortable bucket seats with leather outer and grippy cloth inserts for maximum grip around those 120km/ph mt cootha corners! Great engine and exhaust tones. Think the exhaust piping is about 2.5". Heaps of torque of the mark and loves to rev. There was however a strange noise everytime I changed up a gear. Thought it was wheel spin but came to the conclusion it was related to the exhaust. Any thoughts on that?

Do they come in a Sedan chassis? I hate the hatch lol

Sorry bro hatch only. Looks good with massive alloys and the raised bonnet which houses the hidden scoop. Im with you however, bring on the sedan!