United Front

Toyota South Africa has formally acknowledged that the South African spec cars do not deliver on the 141kW promise

If this is the case - Toyota Australia will be in a lit of trouble legally because they have sold these cars under the impression to buyers that they are producing 141kw.

This now is fromally not the case as seen in the above quote

Therefore i pose the question to other stivo members what can we do to be COMPENSATED for this lack in preformance

I feel if we hit toyota in a united front across all Australia something will be done

This could include writting letters, seeing the dealer making telephone calls.

The main thing is we have a common goal in what we want to achieve in this united front.

So i pose the question -

HOW CAN TOYOTA COMPENSATE SPORTIVO DRIVES FOR THE MISLEADING POWER INPUT ON OUR CARS???

I await some input so we can work to a united front and have some action and some compenstation handed out

Thanks BOYZ

I agree we should all make Toyota admit this publicly. I am getting sick of big organisations lying to the public, deceiving the unsuspecting. Its hard earned money we are shelling out to buy the Stivo. I suggest all Stivo owners on the forum sign a petition or something and we can submit it to Toyota AUstralia to get them to take action. I think the SA guys did the same thing didn't they and it worked. What do you guys think?

Zee

should we seek legal advice

maybe we can get some compenstation

it is a breach of a contact - as it does not conrespond with description

the car claims to have 141kw

but clearly due to south africa's statement it doesnt

Whoa boys lets see what Toyota comes up with in the next few weeks. If they do nothing then we have grounds to do something about it. Whats this Talk about legal action remember they are are a large organisation that has an almost never ending pot of money do we .....I don't think so. So just wait and see. Being angry over some thing that has no confirmation as yet in my book is not a good idea. I am not happy either if the power is not right but I am willing to wait. As a group we can write a letter stating that we are less than happy but just leave it at that for now. If you are interested we can discuss this rather than going off half cocked....

fair enough Peekay

but something needs to be done

we cant rest on this

toyota sa have admitted that the engines are not producing 141

THATS WHERE OUR CARS WERE BUILT

so what legs to toyota australia have to stand on

wanted to be untited on this

and if you are passionate about your car you wouldnt be sitting on you as#E waiting for toyota to do something - because as you can see toyota have just denied everything up until now

we need to take proactive action to get this issue of power resolved with toyota so we have the true power for which we paid 30k for

If the fact that Toyota have made claims regarding the specific output of the Sportivo engine that are incorrect or otherwise false in any way, this may constitute a breach of Trade Practices Act ('TPA').

The TPA is Federal legislation administered by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission ('ACCC'). Consumer protection provisions of the TPA state that "Corporations shall not, in trade or commerce, engage in conduct that is misleading or deceptive or is likely to mislead or deceive". Other provisions specifically prohibit corporations from falsely representing the performance characteristics of goods or services.

If you believe that Toyota may have mislead you with representations they made about the perf. characteristics of the Sportivo you can register you concerns with the ACCC.

You can contact their complaints/Infocentre line on 1300 302 502 to register you complaint, or visit their website at www.accc.gov.au and go to Complaints/Enquiries/Contacts to register your complaint online.

You never know, if it can be shown that the conduct is in breach of the TPA and the matter falls within the priorities of the ACCC action may be taken.

How sure are we that they are releasing a new sportivo? I must have missed the confirmation of it in one of these threads?

Only reason i ask is that a guy i work with knows a guy in SA who said they are discontinuing the Sportivo for several different reasons. He could be bull****ting me but i dunno... he is generally believable and DOES know a lot of people in high places.. so it wouldn't surprise me.

fair enough Peekay

but something needs to be done

we cant rest on this

toyota sa have admitted that the engines are not producing 141

THATS WHERE OUR CARS WERE BUILT

so what legs to toyota australia have to stand on

The cars are assembled in South Africa, but the engines are built in Japan.

As an aside, why are people getting mad? Do you think a few kw's (if there is any PROOF that they are producing less than 141kw, and I haven't seen any) will turn you car into a different beast? I think not.

xoom would know, as he contacted the ADR. and he specifically said in his post, that it wasnt a power issue that made the stivo get pulled off the shelfs if i recall correctly.

if there is a problem with the car, such as not producing the proper power, i am sure toyota will rectify the situation, we just have to sit tight and cop it.

it would be a different situation if they offfically said there was a problem but the were not fixing it. i am sure that they will fix it free of charge, and maybe some sort of compenstation, perhaps in the form of free sevicing or something.

but if you boys want to get a letter together, i'd be glad to sign it and support the move.

Guys,

I have never been satisfied with my Sportivo since the day I got it. Resales values will be hit quite hard, because the car has not lived up to buyers expectations.

Toyota should rectify problems this forum has raised (at the very least) and offer some compensation to owners for misleading them when promoting the car as capable of 141kw, as part of that they never disclose in advertising (TV and News) that you have to hit such a high rpm range (lift) to achieve that.

The new Sportivo looks great (as do many of the other versions I have seen over the last 3 weeks in Japan) , and I think it will be difficult to sell our Sportivo with the new release quickly approaching.

I am in Tokyo until the end of the week, but would like to join in the discussions about taking some action against Toyota Australia.

Cheers

Steve

i'll back you guys up: eg: signing and that.

even if the car is producing a littles less that 141kw..that's still a LOSS!

No-way will i ever accept fake performance representation.

:D

HOW CAN TOYOTA COMPENSATE SPORTIVO DRIVES FOR THE MISLEADING POWER INPUT ON OUR CARS???

Hmm... CAI, HEADERS, HP EXHAUST, Dang i'd even suffer and accept a UNICHIP :D

Sorry boys just trying to make light. But, DEFINATELY count me in on any group action. B)