Wrongfully Defected?

Hey dudes and dudets.....

Last night just went for a cruise with the boys some other young kids that i knew threw my brother were in a small party in a reserve... i stoped for about 10 mins... a high way partrol flys up behind me... tells me to pop my bonnet and that he is going to defect me for everything possible... i was pritty shocked it was like i just bloody bashed sumone... anyhow all i had modified was springs & exhaust.... i also did not have my licence so i got a $77 fine cuz i left it at a club the night before in the city and i did not have time or anything to get it back but the cop did not care at all... he also defected me for my fog lights... now the question i wanna know is WTF! i told the guy that this is how my car came out of production and he said mate if u read ur manual those fog lights can be turned off manually inside the car... i have a few weeks to rid of this problem but i am going to fight it becuase how many bloody cars have fog lights... i see SS commos with foggies all the time..

:angry:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were ****** off cuz the kids were being dicks cuz they were under age drinkers and stuff... i just wanted to make sure my bro was ok and he saw me as an easy target... i was telling him tat i didn't want trouble i just wanted to make sure my younger brother is ok... and he goes mate with a car like this ur going to get trouble...

PMS lol.....

fog lights shouldnt be a problem..especially cos it was raining over the weekend...

say u had them on cos of the "adverse weather" and forgot to turn them off...

i always use my foglights....its not like they are bright to blind ppl....but they do help in spotting pot holes etc on the road....

is ur exhaust stock??

if it is stock how can he defect u....

The switch is where ur lights are..its a ring thing ...u can move it around to switch it on or off....

cannon mufflers...lol..no wonder...

my opinion....they are the biggest waste of space.....lol

true but i got it with it on so i can't be bothered to take it off atm

Mate sorry to hear that.. some of these law enforcers just make people sick, they carry around the wrong attitude and personally thats why no one wants to join the force unless they are desperate because of this sick culture they have.. did you hear the recent news about them being stupid with alcohol and sexually harrassing female cadets? Bloody disgraceful.

I have had a cop come zooming up behind me at 2am in the morning and stopping me for no apparrent reason, i was driving at 80 in an 80 zone. He got out with another guy (i presume is a probationary constable bcus he looked young), then he starts going off at me speeding and stuff and i said i wasn't speeding then he went on to say "r u saying i am an idiot?" he was spot on.. anyhow he left without giving me anything except waste my time.

I was also defected for a slightly slanted rego plate once, and having boost/air-fuel ratio gauges in my old WRX, $250 fine. I was just cruising at Wollongong beach when a copper decided to pull me over and check over my car.

My advice is there will always be people like that around, just have to play smart and not get caught, meaning being more diligent with foggies and mods etc. Its gonna be hard for you to fight it unless you got time/money, so i say just pay the fine and get on with it. ;)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I don't get it...you got defected for having those fog lights on your car? or having them on when the weather was clear? Unfortunately, if its the second, you can get fined...I had couple of friends that had the same experience.

I agree with zeerolla, unless you have the time...don't bother fighting it.

Edited by Toyman

They've been cracking down on the fog lights in Sydney the last month or so (instant $75 fine if not required due to the weather conditions). I warned people about this at the last meet but people still chose to ignore the warning I gave... oh well... I hope people learn from your mistake...

They were ****** off cuz the kids were being dicks cuz they were under age drinkers and stuff... i just wanted to make sure my bro was ok and he saw me as an easy target... i was telling him tat i didn't want trouble i just wanted to make sure my younger brother is ok... and he goes mate with a car like this ur going to get trouble...

with a car like this ur going to get trouble?WTF?!?! ITS A COROLLA! not Skyline supra wrx and etc what does he want people to drive?!?! he must think:"A modded car is a trouble car no matter what the mod is.."

Dude sorry to hear about that.

I dont understand why the Copper gave you a defect notice for having your foggies turned on. Very unusual. I would of thought he would of given you a fine instead of a defect notice.

ahh crap are you a p plater lol? i always get pulled over and drive a stock corolla with nothing on it and once they searched my car and one of them said that they found a defect on the rear haha.. cant wait to get rid of my p plates

The switch is where ur lights are..its a ring thing ...u can move it around to switch it on or off....

cannon mufflers...lol..no wonder...

my opinion....they are the biggest waste of space.....lol

You have to have the CORRECT cannon muffler.

Something like an Apexi N1, buddyclub Spec III, or otomoto racing spec with a silencer not only sounds decent and is legal, but you make a bit of power.

The cheapo cannons are a waste of space though...noise makers nothing more I agree...

Now...you were defected for having foggies...incorrect. You should have been fined for having them on. You can dispute that because THAT IS HOW THE CAR CAME lol. This cop sounds very stupid. Pay the fine and ride it through man. Chip up bud. They're are w@nkers out there, and unfortunatley you ran into one that is 1) a cop and 2) was teased at school heaps and sees this as a means to get his own back on society lol.

Edited by bADbOYz

if you break the law then you deserve to be fined. ie not having your licence with you.

I dont know about the fog light rule as we dont have that problem in melbourne :D

Even the police tend to drive around with them on these days here.

I think they've realised that fog lights like those fitted to our cars, unlike driving lights, don't really produce glare to oncoming traffic and given that all cars that have them, seem to keep them on, they would have to do a 'Group Fine'.

On that note, they're not all that effective as fog lights, I think they're just another set of 'white lights'.

If the cannon fitted to your car is considered a defect and you have to change it, I would speak to the dealer who sold the car to you, as they shouldn't be selling a non road-worthy car.

Edited by IZZ-FE

Mate sorry to hear what happened.

Like the others posted he cannot defect you for having your lights on.

I would fight it till the end mate.

Just because your young doesn't mean cops have the right to harrass you.

:angry:

You can be fined for having the fog lights on. I've been lucky to get away with it on a few occasions but the the only legal use of fog lights in in adverse conditions. It doesn't matter if they are from the factory but this is what I was told by a mate who is a Cop in traffic branch. If you use them and the weather is of a safe acceptable condition they(Police if they want to be mongrels) can give you a ticket. Of course you can fight it but you'll need a good lawyer who has the ability to manipulate the law to suite your situation.

As for the cannon..... enough said ;)

But it does sound like a case of wrong place wrong time.

Did they throw the book at the under age drinkers??? There the ones who should getting harrased as they are the ones who go around being little turds vandalising public property and cars parked out in the street.

I think what he meant was he got fined for the fog lights, not defected. If I am wrong, do correct me though the cop sounded like a c0ck .. bad luck mate. Sometimes they just don't care and want to power trip you.

But yeah, turn your bloody fog lights off ! They are bloody annoying and it's a $75 fine as Blue Stivo mentioned above, if not used in adverse driving conditions meaning fog .. hence the name ... fog .. lights :o

I have a mate who has a new astra SRI and got pulled over for Having the so called fog lights on. MY Mate got away with nothing as he pulled out his drivers manual from holden stating they are driving lights not fog lights. The law states the work "Fog" lights. The officer was like ok off you go??

Ive been pulled over into boose bus's in sydney heaps of times with mine on and never once been even questioned.??

The ABSOLUTE DUMBEST thing is the fact that when u see alot of the "new" cars advertised and i remember this when i bought my car brand spanking new from TOYOTA the wording was "would you like to opt for FACTORY DRIVING LIGHTS"!!!!!! Not ever were they known as "foglights" if they were actual FOG LIGHTS wouldnt they be "YELLOW".....So in actual fact why cant we drive with our "driving" lights on it is not bright enough and at a level that may cause on coming trafic to be blinded the laws on what is and isnt defectable are just a load of horse Sh17....Why dont they make up a list of things that are a defect in EVERY state in Australia and print it in like a RTA handbook or make it part of your insurance that says "if you live in this state you must comply with these laws regarding modifying"!! Man soon it just goin to be like America where every state has different laws regarding emissions, engine modifications etc..... Its all a big Joke!! :P

Just found this on RTA's road rules

FOG LIGHTS

Front and rear fog lights must only be used in fog or

rain, or when conditions such as smoke and dust limit

your vision. It is a legal requirement that once

conditions improve and you can see more clearly, the

front and rear fog lights are switched off.

If your vehicle is not fitted with fog lights you may use

your headlights during the day in these adverse

conditions.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downlo...ruh_english.pdf

But then i find this here

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/safer...sues/index.html

Daytime running lights

By simply using daytime running lights (DRL's), the visibility of your car is increased substantially to both pedestrians and other drivers.

It is necessary however that the correct lights be used. Fog lights and high beam are inappropriate and parking lights ineffective whilst driving. Until specially designed DRLs are installed, low beam headlights are the most effective way to make your vehicle more visible.

A recent NRMA report has found that DRLs could prevent a quarter of all fatal daylight collisions and more than a quarter of fatal daytime pedestrian accidents.

A combination of a light coloured vehicle and turning your low beam headlights on during the day will make it easier for other road users to not only see you but also to better judge the distance between themselves and your vehicle. This equates to less risky manoeuvres being undertaken.

Edited by SyxXPaC

Good find mate. To make it simple for others:

* fog lights are NOT DRL's

* normal headlights (driving/parkers) are NOT DRL's

Most aussie cars on the roads do not have DRL's fitted - they are an aftermarket assessory (at this point in time anyway).