SYDNEY DRAG NIGHT #3 : WSID 30th Aug Wicked Wednesday

Plan for next drag day before the hot weather comes through.

Ill be there trying to get the 1ZZ record back :P ** lookin at u mintos :P

Hope to see more off the guys from the sydney meets there B) (Chickens :P )

pasted frm last one

-------------------------

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

Gates open at 5pm you can coem to race anytime untill 7:30

Spectators can come for $15

Information Here - CLICKY

Rules are Here - CLICKY

For any Newbies the How to race section is here - CLICKY

Edited by SyxXPaC

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will see if i can make it to this one. Im flying out that day i think either the 30th or the 31st.

Id like to seeing as last time only got 2 runs cos of blady crap V8's pooring oil all over the track! :angry: <_< :angry: <_< :angry: <_<

Yeh man i wanna get there in the line at 4:30!!!

Stuff turning up late!!! lol

Listen if ppl cant make it on the 30th we can go a week earlier, post here if you can make it or not!!

yeah i wanna get there early too!

well lets see about the numbers. week earlier could be good!

Spring is perfect... if it's not wet... warm track temp = more grip, combined with cool air temp = more hp

it's the perfect balance.

The night we ran in the Autumn (YDOIT4, SyxXPac and Myself) it was 24 degree track temp and 15 degree air temp. Perfect :)

Bleh

the night i did a 15.7 it was 14 degree track tempo and 5 degree air temp

Thats what i call perfect :P

And was lined up behind a 10 sec dato who wheel spun all the way up the track hahahah gotta thank that guy!!!

ill be there - dunno if ill run yet...

gotta see how the finances hold up i guess... im pretty sure i have a leak at the end of my extractors - so when i get that fixed up ill see what i have left... should get that done next week...

so annoyed about that though - they installed it and said 'there was a bit of a leak at the ball joint, but we're pretty sure we've fixed it.. if there's a problem bring it back and we'll fit a new ball joint in' .. so... i took it back, and now they want me to supply the ball joint (where am i going to get that from?) and they will charge me $150 or so to fit it cos everything's gotta come off again! :(

WhaT?

if i read old posts i hear people say the 2zz makes the same curve as a 1zz before lift?? adding lift in first should help the situation. WOuld 60ft be the top of first?

Depending on mods and if any tuning has been done :)

Personally i would say there is no difference at all in terms of comparing 60ft times, a pebble on the track would make more difference :P

And 60ft is only about 18.3 metres...by then you are probably only at 5-6k rpm anyway so lift wouldnt make much of a difference there.

And you should be able to get my "record" easy Bill, its a sh!t time for the crap i got done to my car, haha and like i said after the run, I farked it - I thought it was slow as buggery, just wouldnt get the traction.

I reckon though if i could sort traction issues, maybe throw in some other little supporting N/A mods (like a clutch? its starting to slip after that last drag night, hehe), in perfect conditions and a skilled run i think you could get the car into the 14's. BUT that would be alot of stuffing around and money spent just to go a little bit faster, i am really only concerned how the car goes on the street and i am happy with it for the moment.

Would like to go to this one...but not sure about running, finances have just copped a caning and i am positive the clutch wouldnt take kindly to another bunch of runs...let alone the tires, should have a taken a pic for you guys of all the rubber i scraped off the wheel arch and bottom of the car :P

gotta see how the finances hold up i guess... im pretty sure i have a leak at the end of my extractors - so when i get that fixed up ill see what i have left... should get that done next week...

so annoyed about that though - they installed it and said 'there was a bit of a leak at the ball joint, but we're pretty sure we've fixed it.. if there's a problem bring it back and we'll fit a new ball joint in' .. so... i took it back, and now they want me to supply the ball joint (where am i going to get that from?) and they will charge me $150 or so to fit it cos everything's gotta come off again! :(

thats not good news!!! try asking around at scrap yards

thats not good news!!! try asking around at scrap yards

you would hear if there was a leak too tom

i might be interested to see what i can do in the MPS.. taking it easy of course :P its only got 2000kms on it right now.

zee i dont wanna c u down there until ur prepared 2 take the car down there as hard as u can !!!!! dont want any excuses now do we :P :P :lol::lol: :P :P :lol::lol: as i want a good time to take down :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

i might be interested to see what i can do in the MPS.. taking it easy of course :P its only got 2000kms on it right now.

zee i dont wanna c u down there until ur prepared 2 take the car down there as hard as u can !!!!! dont want any excuses now do we :P :P :lol::lol: :P :P :lol::lol: as i want a good time to take down :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:lol: come on Bill giv me a break i'm a virgin to drag racing man so thats already a good enough excuse! i think i will be fighting myself more than racing anybody else! :lol: