VW R32

You're all missing the point...

The R32 is a complete car. It goes hard enough and handles well enough out of the box that no money has to be spent on it.

Yes my old Commodore (For sale now :) Buy Buy Buy ) will go harder than anything too if I spend enough money on it, duh!

Oh yeah, if you dig up an old thread, you'll find that a well modified sportivo on this forum still did not keep up with an older generation R32, and I've also seen another Melbourne Sportivo driver have his @rse handed to him by another Melbourne R32.

Edited by IZZ-FE

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows about this r32 golf by HPA

0-100 - 3.2 seconds

1/4 mile - 11.4

Top Speed 320kp/h

410kW/550hp 19psi boost

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...olf-R32-hpa.htm

Holy crap! It even looks quick. But I don't really understand while yal are comparing 4cyl to 6cyl cars?!?!

Of course a well tuned and modded 6 will hand a 4 its *****. WTF :P

Edited by 76ACC

0-100 - 3.2 seconds

1/4 mile - 11.4

Top Speed 320kp/h

410kW/550hp 19psi boost

Holy crap! It even looks quick. But I don't really understand while yal are comparing 4cyl to 6cyl cars?!?!

That's my fault. Someone made a comment about the Golf being a king street car, when it's been proven that the GTR is, despite the money involved in getting some of them up to speed. The R32 is nice, but it'll never put out up to or 'over' 1000hp (if you ever wanted it that way in the first place).

R32 = Nice

0-100 - 3.2 seconds

1/4 mile - 11.4

Top Speed 320kp/h

410kW/550hp 19psi boost

That's my fault. Someone made a comment about the Golf being a king street car, when it's been proven that the GTR is, despite the money involved in getting some of them up to speed. The R32 is nice, but it'll never put out up to or 'over' 1000hp (if you ever wanted it that way in the first place).

R32 = Nice

Youre not wrong GTR = King of Kings (cant wait for new ones specs to be confirmed!)

R32 = nice for a 6 :P

There you go fellas!

and in SA there are a few highly tuned R32's

Another beast is the Audi S3 tuned by HPa and um yes ther eis no chance of catching it! unless your in the likes of a porsche lol

who said anything about reliability or drivability? I was talking strictly in terms of direct performance comparison. The fact is, in a straight line, a modded GTR (i will not mention costs as things can vary alot depending on who you know...) launching at 9k rpm will break your neck if you are not ready and the speedo will spin faster than the tacho in a "normal" car - this is not exaggeration. Unless you have a supercar or superbike, basically you got no chance. How it will last/how it would be to drive, etc can be debated until the cows come home.

i dont see how it would be any different to a comparatively modded RS4... I'd say the rs4 would be in front actually ;) a 2000 model RS4 costs about the same as a 2000 model GTR too

Edited by rollamods

Yeah well...my dad's Jumbo Jet can go faster so naaar naaar lmao.

Good to have a debate finally without people going 'off their nut' if you know what I mean. All good points. I guess I have the balls to say that I, myself, can be quite biased at times. It's just that...well when my head sank (no...'snapped') into the back of the seat in my mates GTR when he hit full boost...I kinda fell in love...and got scared too lmao.

awe i don't know if you could get an RS4 going quicker...but the main problem there would be availability of performance parts for the Audi. Because the GTR is such a cult car it has massive aftermarket support and therefore getting massive horsepower can be done quite easily. I mean unless you got some german engineers handy for a job on the RS4 :P...And yeah cost wise they are quite similar, the R34s are ridiculously expensive for a jap car (I remember 3 years ago they were selling for about 120k!).

awe i don't know if you could get an RS4 going quicker...but the main problem there would be availability of performance parts for the Audi. Because the GTR is such a cult car it has massive aftermarket support and therefore getting massive horsepower can be done quite easily. I mean unless you got some german engineers handy for a job on the RS4 :P...And yeah cost wise they are quite similar, the R34s are ridiculously expensive for a jap car (I remember 3 years ago they were selling for about 120k!).

Yeah. The average is about $70K now for one.

I heard an R32 today, very growly.

Mintos, be sure to come to the next cruise so I can meet you ;)

Cheaper Audi parts from SA (south Africa) where RS4's, RS6's are modded to the hilt!

In SA we dont have the likes of skylines, supras and commadore V8's

German cars take the top spot and you see mercs,audis, and beemers as often as you see a commadore here!

Mate there is no substitute for German engineering :P A guy whom I used to detail his Monaro weekly had an RS4 give him a run and over the distance of a quarter mile(roughly) he got spanked. It wasn't until he was top end 4th did he start to reel him in with any real acceleration.

Audi RS4/6 ----- sexiest wagon ever built.I'd love one!!!!!

My customer's Monaro---- LS edit, headers, full exhaust system, SS inductions "Big Mouth" throttle body, cam change, new roller rockers, cam followers etc etc and a full Mafless tune ---- 270kw atw.

As for modifying a RS6,RS4 or Golf.... there is a hell of a lot of stuff out there for them BUT not a big call for it in Australia due to the price of the car and secondly the demographic of society who can afford and own one. I for one have seen the results of VW's and Audi's with bolt on's and tunes and they are serious bits of gear. The big thing that I have noticed is how the German's make cars with serious torque from smaller capacity engines as compared to the Japanese.(without the need for elaborate forced induction)

Whats all this BS about VWs.. :P my fwd MPS will woop its a55 :P even the awd R32 :P :lol: and that is with ZERO mods..

yeah thats right :) , i read some mag saying the 3mps is faster than a porsche in third to fourth(i think) and they say the 3mps rolling start is like untouchable

Whats all this BS about VWs.. :P my fwd MPS will woop its a55 :P even the awd R32 :P :lol: and that is with ZERO mods..

yeah thats right :) , i read some mag saying the 3mps is faster than a porsche in third to fourth(i think) and they say the 3mps rolling start is like untouchable

It was WHEELS, and not just any Porshce, its the 250+kw 911 Carerra :D

WHEELS & MOTOR reviews (scroll down to bottom)

I know a guy who was saying he ran an MPS3 the other night on a rolling start from 2nd, he said they go alright...but he took it down with a cb70 charade running 10 pound with a broken turbo :lol:

Not fair to compare modded to stock though, for a stock car the MPS3 is a great deal, top choice Zee :)

I know a guy who was saying he ran an MPS3 the other night on a rolling start from 2nd, he said they go alright...but he took it down with a cb70 charade running 10 pound with a broken turbo :lol:

Not fair to compare modded to stock though, for a stock car the MPS3 is a great deal, top choice Zee :)

LOL! a Charade!!?? Damn that would feel bad :lol:

Just like a MPS3 being quicker than a $200,000 Aston Martin V8 Vantage from 80-120! Ha, guess that owner wouldn't be too happy either!! :lol:

Edited by ZEEROLLA

• 2 weeks later...

No I haven't driven one yet. The car probably can't turn all that well. However, can't say much until I drive it. It doesn't sound right from spec, its poweful FWD, and seems like most of the weight is at front (well, 3.2 V6 sure is heavy). A quick look at coilover spec for alfa romeo 147, spring rate in front is stiff 11kg while back is like 5kg.

I did drive Shao's 147 when I was in SGP, he got some konis and lower spring , and rear sway bar. Some very good tyres also. Handling wise is yahoo~!

Alfa Brera is very sexy too - comes with 3.2 V6 4wd.

Drive.com.au review - Mazda3 MPS vs VW Golf R32

These ****ers at Drive has done it again.. coparing 2 totally different cars, different drivetrains, nearly $20,000 price difference.. :unsure:

but looked like they liked the MPS3 ("more fun") which is a total contrast to what they said a couple months ago when they did another hot hatch review, bagging the MPS left right centre.. anyway interesting read.

the guys who work at drive.com dont have a clue about the truth they make upthe figures they want and example is saying in a report that the spoertivo is 2 out of 5 stars and does the 0-100 in 8.9 they are hopeless i wouldnt believe anything that they say to be accurate

Edited by gengo