new facelifted stivo!

being the first time here, i just wanna say HI to all of u guys first! :D Im about to buy a brand new stivo but after seing the new face-lifted one (RunX model tho) i'd think twice! with better look and some minor improvements, do u guys reckon i shoulda wait till Oct to get it or the current one is kool? opinion's apreciated ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i'd just post the topic at last midnight and wouldnt expect a feedback this fast! :P thanks for all your opinions and da welcomes, guys! :P :D I'd kinda decided to wait for the new facelifted model but damn its hard to wait another 3months, especially when u guys keep mentioning how rox the stivo this, stivo that, it'd sway my mind sumtimes! :D :lol: I just wish the new stivo wouldnt carry the 'teardrop' in in headlamps! :unsure::blink:

hi E-gene, yup im another melb guy unfortunately :P i'd read the old forums about the first meet-up and it excited me as much as u guys, even that i dont own a car..yet! :) I'd definitely come for the meet-up once i got my new stivo, so u guys can gimme sum tips since im totally newbie when it comes to car :D till then!

Like I said, come join us anyway even if you don't have your Stivo yet. We should be meeting up tomorrow afternoon at around 3pm. Haven't decided on a location yet, but will inform everyone when we do.

Welcome to the forum Rock'n'Rolla :lol:

I have personally sat in a brand spanking new facelifted Ascent last week cos my mate's GF wanted to buy one and she did eventually. My experience was i could not see or feel any difference. The basic driving ergonomics are still the same so the driving feel is basically identical to the pre-facelift. The automatic we test drove was sluggish though and my mate was complaining to the salesperson about the 100KW performance because it was a snail! Stomp the gas pedal and it would wait for a while before pulling slowly. Maybe the car is too new with only 8kms on the odometer :P

But if anyone is getting a Sportivo, i would recommend they wait unless they hate the facelift model for some reason. Cost might go up though as suggested by a salesperson but shouldn't be much.

Zee

thanks again for the welcomes guys! :P E-gene, im afraid that i couldnt come for a meet-up 2moro since i got a bday party to attend :D its my gf's best friend's 21st party so i'd b stoopid to miss that :lol:

Krocco, u reckon we can change the teardrop headlamp? u mean there's sum kinda cover-u[ kit? or totally replace the lamps with dif ones? (mazda3/6s would be nice :D)

Zeerolla, your first impression on da new facelift is prolly expectable gicen the new facelifted models are almost da same as the old models, mechanically. Only new grille, bonet, headlamp and some minor tweaks, dats wat i heard, so correct me if im wrong ;) :)

my friend is face lifting his sportivo soon. if only you had the new sportivo soon and in black everything would be a direct swap of the bonnet, bumper, guards and head lamps. just get in touch with me after you have the new sportivo if you want the old sportivo parts in black to de-face lift the front end.

Although, that is the Tsport which is the English one, even our model in England the leather is an option, not standard. Guess we will have to see what the aus release has. If the offer less than what our's has and charge the same price, I think they may be cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Hey just signed up but been checkin out this site for ages as im buying a new model stivo when they come out.

Ive read in a local paper that the new model with still have the leather, red optitron dash etc... its really only the outside an some minor suspention tweaks which have changed... i think its a bit lower than the older model.....

looking at the pictures, it looks as tho, u cant put a grill on it? so your stuck with the toyota badge at the front.

i guess u could change it to mesh, i dont know, im not a fan of the new nose, tho i do like the seats being red.

i think its a bit lower than the older model.....

Oh cool, now that is something which is very welcome, while its great being able to park without fear of ripping your spoiler off on the barrier, thats usually a feeling reserved for a family sedan, not a little hot hatch, I wish my car was a little lower :)

Am I the only person who thinks our's is nicer? the new one has:

Same motor

Same gearbox

NO leather

NO backlit dash

NO silver bits inside (all black looks cheap I reckon)

I seriously don't like the new one.

Cheers

Blade

NOBOADY HEARD OF SUSPENSION?

In Europe its already out.

Apart from slightly different looks you get new suspension which alone is wort waiting for. It's as comfy as before, but in turns feels like CTR.

It has shocks with sort of "return springs" built in (they help to expand the shock) plus strut braces with dynamic stiffness control. Look beautiful.

Impossible to cheaply install in before face lift due to different shock mounts.