new facelifted stivo!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new model also has rake and REACH adjustable steering colum :D , which I think would be great, as I feel a bit far away from the wheel in relation to my leg length.

:angry: :( BUT it is now Electro hydraulic assistance, which according to early reviews (AUTOCAR) has bugger-all feel and feedback.

man, its a pain in the a$$ to wait 4 months for a car like stivo :angry: Till now, most of the rumours about the new corolla sportivo (lower suspension, better shock absorb, chassis,...) are just plain...rumours i guess since Toyota wouldnt confirm/deny them. I actually prefer the new facelifted look (eventho the teardrop part in the headlamp is...wussy :P) so i really wish there're kit that can cover that little tear :( sorry Krocco! ;) :)

Am I the only person who thinks our's is nicer? the new one has:

Same motor

Same gearbox

NO leather

NO backlit dash

NO silver bits inside (all black looks cheap I reckon)

I seriously don't like the new one.

Cheers

Blade

NOBOADY HEARD OF SUSPENSION?

In Europe its already out.

Apart from slightly different looks you get new suspension which alone is wort waiting for. It's as comfy as before, but in turns feels like CTR.

It has shocks with sort of "return springs" built in (they help to expand the shock) plus strut braces with dynamic stiffness control. Look beautiful.

Impossible to cheaply install in before face lift due to different shock mounts.

The South African and Australian versions DO NOT get the suspension mod.

Also, the Optitron dash stays in the Stivo / RunX RSi

The "silver bits" gets replaced by carbon fibre look finishes.

The seats remain unchanged

BTW, the Stivo is likely to reach Aussie shores only in the new year!!!

Same motor

Same gearbox

NO leather

NO backlit dash

Cheers

Blade

don't worry man i prefer ours too. i just like it a little more sharp. and japanese. i feel all the car companies are trying to look a little too euro. and those head llights i have hated since the corolla S has had them in the US. i sound pretty opinionated today i am sorry.

never the less i would still but it before every other car (cept my toy honda type R - king of the blessed ATMO's)

:D

Hi All,

I just went to the informal meet yesterday (Sat, 11 Jul 04) afternoon and it was "interesting".

Having purchased the car not tried LIFT even after 3,500km, "<removed>" was stunned and decided to give me a treat and show me a thing or two.

Anyhow, to this topic of the new Sportivo... I like OURS... the body is much nicer, than what I can see from the pics.. i totally agree with "imek".

Art. :ph34r:

Edited by Matthew_McNally

Same motor

Same gearbox

NO leather

NO backlit dash

Cheers

Blade

NOBOADY HEARD OF SUSPENSION?

In Europe its already out.

Apart from slightly different looks you get new suspension which alone is wort waiting for. It's as comfy as before, but in turns feels like CTR.

It has shocks with sort of "return springs" built in (they help to expand the shock) plus strut braces with dynamic stiffness control. Look beautiful.

Impossible to cheaply install in before face lift due to different shock mounts.

The South African and Australian versions DO NOT get the suspension mod.

Also, the Optitron dash stays in the Stivo / RunX RSi

The "silver bits" gets replaced by carbon fibre look finishes.

The seats remain unchanged

BTW, the Stivo is likely to reach Aussie shores only in the new year!!!

Do you know for sure that it wont reach aus until next year? I heard it was headed here in a few months..... i cant wait that long...

well, i rang toyota dealers the other days and was told that the new facelifted corolla sportivo would be available at the end of Sep. For now, they will keep selling the current stivo model until then. To me, mid Nov is more likely for us to see the new stivo :( :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
:blink: Oz Sportivo is off the Toyota OZ market and their OZ web site ;)

It still says in small letters on the corolla page that the sportivo's not currently available and information will be provided when known..

Oz Sportivo is off the Toyota OZ market and their OZ web site

hmmm mayb they just sold out all their current model sportivos and they would put the new facelifted Sportivo on their website once its available? :( :unsure:

Is there anyone in-the-know? :blink: thanks guys ;) :P

There are still stocks of 2004 plated Sportivo's in the country.

A close friend who runs a Toyota Dealership has had one on the showroom floor for a little while, but has recently been told this car must be immediately removed from his showroom floor.

It is his understanding, and he does personally know many of the heads of Toyota, that Toyota is not saying anything until they have shipped in enough parts to do all sportivo's Australia wide for whatever issues they are addressing with the car.

These secret issues (who knows what... But lets just call it 'Sercret Toyota Business') have all been addressed and solved so now apparently we wait until these parts are manufactured, tested and shipped. Then we find out!

I am thinking of joining the hunt for Osama Bin Laden as I think it would be easier. By the time we find out from Toyota I will have found Osama's hiding place, captured him, claimed the reward and be driving home in my new Porsche!

There's been a Silver '04 at Northpoint Toyota in SA (where I bought mine), for at least 2 months now. They moved it out of the showroom into the yard I guess so more people would see it.

Anyway, I guess this confirms that there is still stock available.

• 3 weeks later...

hey cool link bill!

if u click on CHOOSE MODEL, choose the Rsi model, a little java thing comes up on the side, click it, and u can virtually rev a 2zz-ge, and watch as this graph gets plotted out.

for those of u who havent bounced the limiter heres your chance!!! it makes 190nm? hmmmmmmm

cool.JPG

so from whats been posted here I am assuming the 2005 sportivo will be the South African car as the previous sportivo was......

Does anyone know why TMCA arent importing the sportivo's straight from japan?

so from whats been posted here I am assuming the 2005 sportivo will be the South African car as the previous sportivo was......

Does anyone know why TMCA arent importing the sportivo's straight from japan?

Yeap.

If they are directly imported from Japan, they will cost as much as a ST170, around $37-$38k, source, Motor Maganize.