latest reply from toyota

this is the latest email i have received from toyota.

Dear Luke,

Thankyou for your email forwarded to the Toyota Customer Relations

Department.

Firstly, the investigation into a modification for the Gear Selector has

been completed and the Modification Kit is now being manufactured. Please

make sure you have been in to report the rattle to a Dealer and you will be

notified immediately the Spare Parts are available.

We are not sure of the "underpower" problem you refer to but there is a

compliance issue pending that Toyota and the authorities will have

finalised ASAP.

Thankyou for being a valued Toyota customer.

Regards,

Tony Hatton

Advisor - Customer Relations

CFDD

Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited

to be honest i don't care about the power. i would love the gear cable soughted though. the power would be nice but as it is it is hard to get traction

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah man, at the moment i will leave it i have some friends that can get to talkin gto the general manager of toyo aus. that is how i got one of the first 26 cars off the boat from sa.

i will check in to it for us

i just spoke to my mate who also gave me that recall information. He said he spoke to somone big in toyota and said.. there wont be a recall in relation to a power problem. When my friend told him about how we r all talking about this issue on this site, he replied with somthing like... once somone makes an issue about it on the forum.. everyone in the forum will make an issue of it as well and it will get blown at of proportion, even if there is no problem. What the ADR issue was about, is that the standard exhuast noise in to loud for a non sport car, like the corolla. etc etc. Then i asked my friend if he mentioned anything about that letter i posted on here that he gave me. And he said no. So it looks like a 50 50 thing at the moment. or even a 60 40 thing against a recal due to power.

I have to agree with you and your toyota connection on this one.

I find it hard to believe that Toyota will be handing out free kw's in a hurry. Id love if they did but dont see it happening.

Although its greeat news about the gear selector rattle! Mine just started happening at 25 thousand ks.

Off topic: I drove past a mates place to steal his bin (its bin night in coburg) and he was waiting for me and threw a hole bucket of water at my car, my window was open and if totally flooded by interior. Any side effects to 10 litres of water entering the car???????

Off topic: I drove past a mates place to steal his bin (its bin night in coburg) and he was waiting for me and threw a hole bucket of water at my car, my window was open and if totally flooded by interior. Any side effects to 10 litres of water entering the car???????

Hahahaha...that's hilarious. That's what friends are for, to have fun at our expense! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

How many others have not had any problems with the gear selector cables? I have never had the problem and don't know if I should contact my dealer to try and push for the replacement parts. Is there any benefit of fixing something that aint broke?

But I am worried that the problem might arise later down the track as I have only ran up just over 11K.

Anyone else who doesn't have the problem going to ask for the replacement parts?

Definately can't wait for any perf. upgrade though.

How many others have not had any problems with the gear selector cables? I have never had the problem and don't know if I should contact my dealer to try and push for the replacement parts. Is there any benefit of fixing something that aint broke?

But I am worried that the problem might arise later down the track as I have only ran up just over 11K.

Anyone else who doesn't have the problem going to ask for the replacement parts?

Definately can't wait for any perf. upgrade though.

I haven't had any problems yet and I'm up to 16,000km. Still not sure whether I should ask for a replacement part at the next service. If I do get it, it could just cause other issues (I learnt long ago not to fix things that aren't broke)... if I don't ask, it might start at 30,000 and they may no longer have the fix available. decisions decisions!

Oh well.. if it's an acknowledged problem they should fix it no matter when it occurs I suppose.

- Matthew

I originally didn't have the problem or never noticed the problem until our last cruise where my stereo was off and i was in lift. it's a high frequency rattle. almost a buzzing. still faint but it's getting louder.

Yeah I think I will just leave it for now and speak to Toyota if the problem ever does arise.

The other compliance/power issue that is mentioned. Is that something that Toyota will contact all owners about, or will they simply contact those that have stressed their concerns?

I expereince that when the car is rolling just about less tahn 5 kms/h, it's hard to down shifting it to 1st gear. Sometimes down shifting from 3 to 2 is hard to engage too.

Do u guys experience this?

I have told the service people when I dropped in for service, they said that nothing is wrong.

Their excuse was because I put 2 mats on the floor (original mat and rubber mat on top) But it still happen when i pull the rubber mat off.

I expereince that when the car is rolling just about less tahn 5 kms/h, it's hard to down shifting it to 1st gear. Sometimes down shifting from 3 to 2 is hard to engage too.

the synchros will make it difficult for you to shift into 1st if there is any movement in the car at all. if you are still rolling just use 2nd. if you must shift 3rd to 2nd, try rev matching. shift into neutral, let out he clutch, rev the engine up to the natural rev for 2nd in that particular speed, then shift straight into 2nd. takes some practice to do quickly but you will find if you do it right, it will shift straight into 2nd without any resistance at all. and it will save your synchros down the track.

also, i don't see how the floor mats would affect your shifts :blink::huh:

hope this helps

" the synchros will make it difficult for you to shift into 1st if there is any movement in the car at all. if you are still rolling just use 2nd. if you must shift 3rd to 2nd, try rev matching. shift into neutral, let out he clutch, rev the engine up to the natural rev for 2nd in that particular speed, then shift straight into 2nd. takes some practice to do quickly but you will find if you do it right, it will shift straight into 2nd without any resistance at all. and it will save your synchros down the track".

I'm going try that. Thanks

im gona have to agree with sport1vo on this one.

Since day 1 toyota have been hiding, ducking and weaving doing everything possible to avoid fixing something that was obviously not right. You know from the top all the way to the bottom i was being lied, bull5h1ted to, given the run around and only when involving fair trading and me being a p r i c k did they start to do anything. Majority of them have just been plain lazy only until now has anything been done. This issue i have been raising with them since day 1. and if ur not going to listen 2 ur customers then fine im sure they will do really well without any customers.

The dealers just as bad. LANDER in BLACKTOWN absolutly s u c k's 100% NO WAY am i ever dealing with them and i recommend to every1 here to NEVER EVER do business with them. Once u sign the dotted line thats it they dont want to know about u. If theres a problem dont worry they'll try & convince u nothing is wrong and that ur just making it up or they'll tell u its that way on all the cars. Sorry LANDER BLACKTOWN but consumers arent that stupid.

I hope people from TOYOTA read this forum & the posts cause i have let them know how i fell they have handled this in person & over the phone and all i have to say is for a company that sends out this junk mail about customer experience & all that other crap SORRY THESE CUSTOMER HAVENT BEEN GETTING ANY CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE .... ONLY EXCUSES, COVER UPS, THE RUN AROUND, AND EVERYOTHER DIRTY TRICK IN THE BOOK.

Honest opinion of a ever so happy toyota customer cant u tell!!!!!!!

I Second that, Bill. I have asked the service guys at two seperate dealerships about the reverse brake squeal and they first tried to deny it and then tried to tell me that it happens on all cars. I am sorry, but a guy that works at my dads factory also has a sportivo and it does not squeal at all. then they recommended i rotate the tyres as a "remedy" to the brake squeal. I did not see how it would solve it but i agreed anyway and found out i was charge for the rotation. :angry:

Too right! when i had my first check/service thingy at 1,000km I mentioned to the Service dude that my breaks sound crap when reversing and he just said that Toyota knows of the problem and is 'on the job' and that it is common with these cars!

It's brand new, what the hell can it be?

What's Toyota doing? If your reading this GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER TOYOTA!

Art. :ph34r:

that brake problem can b fixed, speak to the manager's at the service they r the only ones athorised to fix it for some unknown reason. And if they dont go to your dealership and speak to the manager there, thats what i did. Then they will speak to the service manager and pooo wooo it will be fixed.

TOYOTA is dissappointing, the next customer satisfaction survey i receive i will spell F*CK YOU over it and send it back :angry: I have already sent 3 or more of these with complaints back to them and nothing is being done, not even a phone call or letter. I am just plain sick of them and will NEVER buy their cars again! Aparently its not just our cars that are experencing problems, i heard of people in Asia having lots of troubles with Toyota Camrys. I think TOYOTA has just gone slack and their quality is going downhill.