Top Gear Update

69.NIX

Found on the Top Gear Website (www.bbc.co.uk/topgear)

Filming of the next series of Top Gear has now been resumed. The start of the new series will be announced here in the coming weeks.

This is great news for those hard-core TopGear Nuts in AU :D

Although I don't like Fifth Gear as much as Top Gear, you've got to respect it for what they do. They give insight into what real, everyday cars are like. And they've got Vicki Butler-Henderson.... that woman can freakin' drive.

I love Top Gear entertainment-wise, but you wouldn't watch it to get "real" information on cars that you're thinking of buying. Unless you're an oil sheik.

• 2 months later...

Great to hear the hamsters on the mend,the producers are speculating the Hamster only making a few screenings this season ( i dont think so) :P ,But the old man & James i feel are gonna definetely gonna entertain us to our hearts content with corny & witty interviews & reviews..from what i heard WA is only still getting reruns til mid year..oh well..top gears top gear to me...bliss

ill keep on replaying the top gear winter olympics dvd for now :clap::clap:

a cheap rip-off of a show!

At the start Tiff Needel and J C were actually working together on Top Gear - also colaborating together with a magazine named Top Gear as well - i'm pretty sure they split due to personailty issues? Though it was disappointing to see a "hot lap" version for 5th gear whilst the STIG was owning on Top Gear

Fifth gear is...so so at the most, ever since they added tim lovejoy.

When only Tiff, Vicki and Jason Plato were on the team, it was a great show. Unfortuantely due to family commitments, Tiff (big family) and Jason (hustling) are sort of phasing themselves out :(

Well done to the fat dude who is stepping up to the plate, jason continues to impress with feedback of the car etc. The old dude with safety tips is always interesting with his info ... shame about VBH and some random taking up desk duties :( Shame also about that goth dude that is monotonious :ph34r: Introducing too much new blood too soon is never a good thing :angry:

Although I don't like Fifth Gear as much as Top Gear, you've got to respect it for what they do. They give insight into what real, everyday cars are like. And they've got Vicki Butler-Henderson.... that woman can freakin' drive.

I love Top Gear entertainment-wise, but you wouldn't watch it to get "real" information on cars that you're thinking of buying. Unless you're an oil sheik.

I agree totally with Tat's - there are two different view points appealing to different generations (IMO) - Fifth Gear is more the carry over loyals that want information on various car technologies etc and Top Gear is much pitched towards the younger generation who generally want to be entertained and see the car of their dreams thrashed to oblivion. I find myself fast forwarding more of fifth gear than i do with Top gear - i actually WANT to watch their stupid acts with James, Clarkson and Teeth Whitening man :clap:

I watch both Fifth Gear and Top Gear. :toast: Google Video and U Tube it - That's how i'm finding my fixes these days

first show back in on the 28th i think so thats the 29th of Jan for us.

SBS website:

This is the final episode for this season of TOP GEAR. The show will return on JANUARY 15 2007. Until then, stay tuned each Monday night at 7.30pm for all-new episodes of Mythbusters.

is it different in Qld?

first show back in on the 28th i think so thats the 29th of Jan for us.

SBS website:

This is the final episode for this season of TOP GEAR. The show will return on JANUARY 15 2007. Until then, stay tuned each Monday night at 7.30pm for all-new episodes of Mythbusters.

is it different in Qld?

I think you're confusing the brand new episodes of TG shown on BBC with the year-old seasons shown on SBS. The next lot SBS show will probably be season 7, which was aired in the second half of 2005.

I think you're confusing the brand new episodes of TG shown on BBC with the year-old seasons shown on SBS. The next lot SBS show will probably be season 7, which was aired in the second half of 2005.

ahhhhh ur right, i was confusing the two

yeh northy's post makes more sense now haha

sorry

I find Fifth gear to be ok. Some of the stuff they do is pretty entertaining like when they put a NOS kit hooked up to full throttle on a Mk3 Golf Diesel. It then almost outruns a Honda NSX!

Or when they try to build a budget 200mph supercar. Their insight is quite educational and their lap shootouts are ok as they sometimes use vehicles that are within reach of an average person.

Top Gear is a more entertaining show and I'd watch it if they were on the same time slot. But thanks to lifestyle +2 channel I dont have to do that :)

Top Gear is a more entertaining show and I'd watch it if they were on the same time slot. But thanks to lifestyle +2 channel I dont have to do that :)

who needs foxtel when you have broadband :P

it will be interesting to see wot they get the hamster to do. i've applied for the replacement role if it all goes to pot for him :P

I dont think the chick on fifth gear can drive that well...

She decided that the Evo 9 was slow - mainly because she was trying to drift it around corners like a RWD rather than use the 4WD grip... of course the 4WD will be slower if u are throwing it into corners and expecting the rear to hang out...

VBH won a round of the BTCC in an Aston a couple of years ago. I would never describe her as being anything less than pretty-damn-quick-for-a-person-with-a-vagina.

VBH won a round of the BTCC in an Aston a couple of years ago. I would never describe her as being anything less than pretty-damn-quick-for-a-person-with-a-vagina.

AAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

10 out of 10

I dont think the chick on fifth gear can drive that well...

She decided that the Evo 9 was slow - mainly because she was trying to drift it around corners like a RWD rather than use the 4WD grip... of course the 4WD will be slower if u are throwing it into corners and expecting the rear to hang out...

LOL, the slowest 12seconds of her life?