TRD 1.3bar Radiator cap help in cooling??

JAZE55

I was browsing around Ebay and found this. Does it really allow better cooling because its 1.3bar, or is it only in conjunction with a TRD thermostat. There are also some cheap trd knock offs around as well.

Or my money can be spent better else where, Im only considering this becasue of the hot weather sydney is having.........

TRD radiator cap 1.3bar

Edited by JAZE55

It help when you tracking your car.

When you go extreme, the radiator pressure can go very high, to the point where the pressure is above the std cap can handle. So if thats what happened to your car, you grab those higher rate cap.

Other than that, it doesn't do anything.

You want cooler tempt, grab trd thermostat. It keeps your needle at 1/4 i was told by pippy.

That sound pretty cool to me.

if you feel it is going to help you then get the genuine trd but if all you want is something to dress up then you can find the imitation ones which stick onto the original cap. the genuine ones are not cheap. apart from trd thermostat i notice arc make it too probably the only arc part there is available for this car and this will cost you about $100

Edited by kcorro

The cap will release fluid when it gets too hot... Change that cap setting and if it gets too hot and the cap won't release, it'll come out somewhere else (radiator tanks are the most common)...

And that will lead to expensive repairs...

yes i agree coz my cuz had one and all it did when it got too hot or had too much pressure it leaked coolant else where like the radiator pipes