More money well spent!

Here are a couple of images of Peekay's and my latest purchase. (Mine has the silver wheels)

Picked it up Saturday after having all new suspension fitted including shockers & springs custom designed for the sportivo running 17inch rims, and a set of 17inch ultra-light racing wheels that weigh only 4.9kg each - an all up saving of about 35-40kg over the standard wheels.

The car rides & holds the road like nothing I have driven before, is ultra responsive to changes of direction and sits very flat under acceleration & breaking.

All up was pretty expensive but money well worth spending. It has taken my luv for the car to a whole new level (I think the wife should be nervous :D )

iliv46_sportivo_side.jpg

iliv46_wheel.jpg

Peekay picked his up Friday with 17inch g-max light weight wheels. We then spent Saturday afternoon in the sun painting the calipers red

peekay34_sportivo.jpg

peekay34_wheel.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are very impressive modifications on both vehicles; Peekay's and Ilivfor6. Modifications not only look good, they are functional and tasteful. Well done.

New wheels definitely look the goods!

Peekay's old sportivo wheels are now on my echo... im verrryyy happy, they make a huge diference over the 14" stockies, and also grip a lot better than he 15s i previously have had.

ozecho_driving1.jpg

hey guys,

Both of ur cars look MAD...i saw them on sunday n they look crazy, if u dnt mind me asking, how much did u spend on ur wheels??? if u dnt wana tel me here, jst PM me, thanks

The wheels on my car were about $630 per wheel & tyre, but that was with a good discount. It's the first one in the country and the importer was eager to get it on a car so was willing to deal considerably. When I saw a picture of them I just had to have them. (Involved many hours of negotiation with the wife... and just a little bit of begging too)

The g-max on Peekays is roughly $440 per wheel & tyre and that was with a fair discount too.

I WANNA DRAG PEEKAY'S CAR, TO SEE IF THE UNICHIP IS ANY GOOD.. AS IM THINKING OF GETTING ONE. PEEKAY WHEN U FREE? AND I AM VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS.... IF U R THERE AT THE NEXT MEET..... LETS TEST OUT A STOCK SPORTIVO WITH A FULLY MODDED SPORTIVO.. OK DUDE.

Adrian.

hahaha well i am getting my first mod on Friday. LOL (not rich enough for any others :P) And i'm really only getting this one because it was a B'day present!

Rear skirt and Exhaust tip bent down (decided against any mod to the skirt).

My only other planned mods for the future are probably a drop and rim change and MAYBE CAI.... but we will see, because insurance don't want to know me at the moment if i do it... so i might consider a change depending upon how much other places want to charge.

As anyone who saw my car on Sunday knows it is quick but when it comes to drag racing sorry no way not a sensible thing to do. I like my life (my wife would kill me if she found out). Also don't forget I have more than just the unichip done... But sorry as stated not interested in dragging...I don't mind having a bit of fun now and again but I have not been booked for speeding or irresponcible behavour in over 15 years ...now if you want to drag me on my motor bike ....I will give you a 1/4 mile headstart..... :P

New wheels definitely look the goods!

Peekay's old sportivo wheels are now on my echo... im verrryyy happy, they make a huge diference over the 14" stockies, and also grip a lot better than he 15s i previously have had.

gawd you smell

Peekay

Dont take this the wrong way

but with all the money you have spent

IT isnt SUPER QUICK

but in saying that it is quicker than a standard sportivo

and remember it all comes down to the driver

Peekay not a problem... what will do is drag on a 100km/h road. Start from standing start. Then there will be no problem about getting a speeding fine due to speeing over the speed limit. :P

Yeah i know u got other mods, i will be getting a CAI soon so... it will bring it closer to see what the unichip does...

Thanks for the reply.. hopefully next time i see you is looking to my right and reving hard :D

i rekon.. peekay against rob or myself.. and Danz in the modded levin.. and see how much peekay kills us by.. And if all ends good, being that peekay kicks there or my *****... Unichip here we come.

Peekay: this is not a personal attack or anything but im starting to doubt all the talk about your ride, as sweet as it is, you never back up any claims.

When you had your unichip installed you would not post your dyno shhet to back up your claims (see Unichip Topic) and you say your car is so fast but deny anyone a race on road or track.

Now fair enough sighting breaking the law and caring for your life as an excuse not to race, but seeing your driving that is a little hypocritical to say the least.

Everyone else here on the board has posted DYNO sheets and Time Slips (including myself) even if the results have not been the best, so common show us some proof.

Sorry for the long post boys (and maybe 1 girl)! :D :D

All i can say is .... the black strip never lies !!!!!!

NO ONE should talk up their car unless they have the proof. Anyone can say their car is 'faster' .. but no-one will believe it unless uve got the times and people have seen it in action.

Dyno Sheets dont mean much if the power cant be put to the ground - wheels, tyres, driver ability and MANY other factors come into play - when it comes to who has a faster car, times are what count.

I recommend you all take a Sunday daytrip to Heathcote .... 45bux to race, and u'll get in AT LEAST 10 runs. I've done it a few times and regardless of how slow my econobox echo is, its heaps fun. if u are wondering hwo slow the 1.3L was... i pulled a 18.00 three times.

http://www.fullboost.com.au/content/racing...3_09_2_014b.jpg

Sometimes you Guys **** me off. You crap on about stuff you have no idea that is where you ruin this forum. I have been tempted to leave this forum many times because of idiots this just gives me another case for thinking so. Think what you like pecker, trd141 I don't care. I have reasons for not posting my Dyno sheet It is basicly none of your buisness, Also I have shown it to some people just because I don't show it to you so what. I never said the car is far superior to any other car every one else is making so called claims about my car faster or not. I will drive car how I like and when I like not because you tell me to do so. Why are you making attacks on me when I have not done so to you??? :angry:.

Dont worry about it mate.......i can prove them wrong, i can drag them in your car, on your behalf :D you can trust me!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: :P :P

For those doubters about his car, all i can say is peekay is over 30,he's a LITTLE more sensible these days, saves his thrills for his leather pants and the bedroom i presume :P :P , and i have been in his car and it is quite alot quicker than mine, and way quicker than standard.

I actually like his aproach to this, it compliments the car, very subtle until you ***** him off. You guys should be greatful that he spends alot of time and money doing his mods ands then lets us guys know how they work and if it's worth it or not, he's our mods leader, you guys should have some respect, i mean what mods have all you peekay knockers done and then tell us about it, if theyre worth it or not.

Timesheets dont prove nothing, put your money where your mouth is, he has, just have some respect, (not coz he's old or anyhting :P cheers mate!!!).