More money well spent!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I posted the picks I did not intend to start World War 3. We have enough other car owners verbally going us & our cars, we do not need to go ourselves.

I just told Peekay to post the results of some tests we ran to compare our cars but he replied why bother if they want to attack they still will. So I've decided to tell what we did and the results!

OK Peekay and I have run some tests after he did the unichip in an industrial estate on a sunday not long after him having the unichip done. The only performance difference between us then was the unichip. Instead of the usual lets just drop the clutch and sprint to a hundred like idiots we did side by side in gear tests so as to remove driver ability from the equation and purely test the cars (the same as I have done with my brother & his type R).

First test: Holding 20km/h in second and flooring it in unison.

Result: Peekays car pulled a car lenght on me by Lift and then almost another in lift. By rev limiter there would almost have been a full corolla lenght between my front and his rear. Same result a second time.

Second Test: Holding 20km/h in third and flooring it in unison

Result: By lift Peekay had about 2 lenghts on me and then in Lift pulled about another lenght.

Third Test: On freeway dropped to 75km/h in 6th gear and accelerate.

Result: Backed off at 120 with Peekay having pulled a few lenghts.

Conclusion: Peekays cars driveability is far more improved with much better in gear acceleration than mine. How does that equate to a straight drag I do not know as we decided a long way back we would not drag each other as we do not want that sort of competitive attitude between us. Instead we are just focusing on improving the overall driveability of our rides. If a much better 0-100 time is a by-product of that even better but that's not the focus.

If this is doubted talk with Danyther as we have had lenghty chats about this very issue of going for driveability over 1/4 mile times.

After these tests and having driven Peekays car many times I have no doubt about the improvements of the Unichip, and to put my money where my mouth is I already have one ordered and are just waiting for the recall on our cars before having it installed.

My last point I would like to make in this long email is that I do not remember Peekay stating his car is ultimate but instead saying it is quicker than it was and considerably better to drive, but I have seen a lot of other posts by members talking his cars performance up more than him!

I really hope this forum does not turn into so many others where everybody just wants to run everyone else and prove who's is faster, better or who is the greatest driver. I think all our cars are fantastic and if someone does more or better mods than me great as I can then learn from what they have done and try to improve my own car more.

But the day we all want to prove who has the biggest ***** them I am out of here.

Now come on kids lets get back to the real issue of US against them, not US against US.

Thats my say..... next

OM******ING G u have taken this completely out of proportion. This forum is meant to bring corolla owners together and help other corolla owners on mods and other things. I am looking into getting a chip and peekay is fellow corolla owner who has one and he lives in melb. Why the hell do u think i am attacking anyone on this forum? (i know u havent mentioned my name but feels like u r, what the **** did i say wrong?) I need help from Peekay, and that is in regards to his improved performance due to his chip. So why wont you help me ??????????????????? :angry:

No mate I have no issues helping you or any one for that matter, but all you want to prove is a a drag race. Do the chip and find out yourself also do the extractors and other mods which alters the car and so on. If you want help you should ask in a resonable manner ie ring me or send a request to me direct not talk about doing irresponcible acts like doing drags on the street or whatever.

This is why I am hacked off from the responce that started it all fueled by your msg from Pecker

Peekay: this is not a personal attack or anything but im starting to doubt all the talk about your ride, as sweet as it is, you never back up any claims.

When you had your unichip installed you would not post your dyno shhet to back up your claims (see Unichip Topic) and you say your car is so fast but deny anyone a race on road or track.

Now fair enough sighting breaking the law and caring for your life as an excuse not to race, but seeing your driving that is a little hypocritical to say the least.

Everyone else here on the board has posted DYNO sheets and Time Slips (including myself) even if the results have not been the best, so common show us some proof.

what would be another good idea peekay if for me to sit in the passenger side and feel the difference.. (instead of saying drag, sorry if that upset u. No way would i ever try to upset someone on here, we r a team not solo acts)(CAI and headers r coming soon in my car say a week or 2). And also see the dyno of the different mods u have done and what they have done for our sportivo's performance esp the chip :rolleyes: .

Cheers buddy

Adrian

please stop fighting.

if the problem is on the dyno graph i did invite members to visit my friend's dyno to see the dyno record where they chipped a factory sportivo for maximum power.

lets go there on saturday?

Hey Kcorro,

Isn't that the guys from Faifield / Thornbry way. They are the one's who did Peekays car. It was the first Sportivo they had done. I wonder if that is the car they are refering too.

Seeya tonight

yes around thornbury. good guess but no it cannot be peekay's because it was completely factory and in white.

yes tonight i am looking forward to it thanks.

please stop fighting.

if the problem is on the dyno graph i did invite members to visit my friend's dyno to see the dyno record where they chipped a factory sportivo for maximum power.

Agreed. I think everyone's ride on this forum is suburb, diverse and unique, and we all should keep up the good work. I am impressed by everyones vehicles.

Lining cars for quarter miles, should be left on the track on track days; and that's up to the individual to attend. I personally, do not like activities such as this on the street, as it is very dangerous. I do not want the reputation of this forum/club? and the Stivo to be tanted as per the WRX. Also total performace in a vehilcle is not in a straight line only. It is also about, ride, quality of workmanship, efficiency etc.

Just by looking at the way people take care of their vehicles and legally modifying them is fantastic, and that is enough for me.

Also kccoro, how much for the Dyno, wanna do my stock stivo running 95RON. PM me please.

Cheers.

All of you guys and gals, have a nice and fruitful day!

I agree with kcorro & sport1vo.

What needs to be remember is we all have different tastes and different intentions with our cars - and that's why our cars are so similar yet also very different too.

Me for example - I wanted to have a small economical vehicle that was cheap to buy and run but also a little fun at the same time, hence why I have a conquest with very mild mods and I'm not going to be doing any more than what I've already done.

If I wanted to go quick or fast, I'd have bought an eight or turbo - simple as that.

Whilst i don't agree with some of the things that some have done to their rides, it's still not right to attach each other and start comparing d!ck sizes (coz i'd just win every time!) because I remember that everyone looks at their own car in a different way and has a different purpose/intention for it.

Lets not spoil things and lets look forward to the next meet up :D

Don't drag on the street, just go to legal one. Maybe we should do it as a group event or something. Then we can compare each other's car and see what else can we do to improve the car, help each other out to achieves their goal. Plus u have real-time timing so u can have good refrence for your future tunings.

How the hell did all this come from the posting of some pics of some damn nice wheels........ <_< :unsure::blink:

But I agree, keep the drags off the street and on the strip, but remember, the stivos were built to turn as well as run in LIFT... it's all about the ride improvement and drivability, and by the sounds of it peekay you're mods are doing you just fine for what you want and that's all that matters...... Keep up the good work and you're research is well respected....

please stop fighting.

Agreed. I think everyone's ride on this forum is suburb, diverse and unique, and we all should keep up the good work. I am impressed by everyones vehicles.

Lining cars for quarter miles, should be left on the track on track days; and that's up to the individual to attend. I personally, do not like activities such as this on the street, as it is very dangerous. I do not want the reputation of this forum/club? and the Stivo to be tanted as per the WRX. Also total performace in a vehilcle is not in a straight line only. It is also about, ride, quality of workmanship, efficiency etc.

Just by looking at the way people take care of their vehicles and legally modifying them is fantastic, and that is enough for me.

Also kccoro, how much for the Dyno, wanna do my stock stivo running 95RON. PM me please.

Cheers.

And all this is coming from a guy who has the numberplate "<removed>", now that is fantastic in itself, i guess Bill, you've been there done that, seen too much sh@t in your time with all the cars you used to own, it's exactly why we at ATOC should keep away from that, respect eachothers rides, share info, learn from eachother, not try and compete with eachother, i mean we have a common interest, lets become a team, a proper club. Maybe im just dreaming but seeing those Holden dudes on Sunday with their cars and club tops made me envy them coz they looked more a club than us, we were a bunch of touros, still good, but we can become better. Whose better etc is for ****ers, i didnt join this forum to see who i can beat in a drag, its to discuss the car, it is a car forum.

Edited by Matthew_McNally

My ***, look at what has happened.

I didnt mean for a war...

Peekay i like your car and have nothing against you.

All i was saying is that having one of the more modified cars on the forum why dont you share with us some results.

No need to get on the defensive...

Look sorry if i offended anyone.

Pecker....

PS: Luci for the record my car has no mods whatsover (apart from a strawberry flavoured, tree shapes air freshener which i reccommend and is approved by all insurance companies and toyota)

my 2 cents, flame if u want, but im not trying to have a go at anyone

my point:

if u put a BIG post that u just did this mod. ppl are gonna want desert and ask for resutls and other stuff. and if u dont wanna follow-up then dont post about your mods.

its just like when people say 'i have a secret' and dont tell u wot it is. its annoying. no **** people are gonna get p.i.s.s.e.d off. <_<

so if you cant deal with people wanting dyno sheets, time slips, drag, benchtest, etc, then dont post about your mods. its really simple as that. keep your mods to yourself, or be prepared to share.

please stop fighting.

Cheers.

And all this is coming from a guy who has the numberplate "*****", now that is fantastic in itself, i guess Bill, you've been there done that, seen too much sh@t in your time with all the cars you used to own, it's exactly why we at ATOC should keep away from that, respect eachothers rides, share info, learn from eachother, not try and compete with eachother, i mean we have a common interest, lets become a team, a proper club. Maybe im just dreaming but seeing those Holden dudes on Sunday with their cars and club tops made me envy them coz they looked more a club than us, we were a bunch of touros, still good, but we can become better. Whose better etc is for ****ers, i didnt join this forum to see who i can beat in a drag, its to discuss the car, it is a car forum.

Agreed.

I have sent a suggested sticker and emblem to Kccoro for his thoughts. It will be posted by him soon on this site for all members comments and inputs.