Help!

Blue_Steel

Hi all,

Need help in choosing which of the two is the best. I have read all the reviews and they both sound good.

You see I'm looking for a daily driver whilst having fun at the same time.

I was wondering what your opions where?

The prices of both cars are smiliar so i'm not worried too much.

Cheers

My girlfriend has a new 2006 built Civic VTi.

It's a really nice car apart from being auto - you're going manual right? I understand the Sport has a larger capacity engine but I'm not sure if it has the V-TECH characteristics - the factory alloys aren't worth your money though. It has lots of cool gadgets and innovative storage spaces (like the cupholders!) and there is so much room! EVERYWHERE!

Weird things about it include the sheer length of the dash... it's deadset 1m+ between you and where the dash meets the bottom of the windscreen, so there seems to be a fair bit of wasted space too. Also, it doesn't run a din or double-din sized stereo, it just has random controls poking out of the console, so that would be expensive to work around if you wanted stereo upgrades down the track I guess.

Hi all,

Need help in choosing which of the two is the best. I have read all the reviews and they both sound good.

You see I'm looking for a daily driver whilst having fun at the same time.

I was wondering what your opions where?

The prices of both cars are smiliar so i'm not worried too much.

Cheers

I have mate with a Civic VTi...(i was gonna get the CIVC Sport! but didn't know it would come out in a month!! lolz ^_^ - no actually i found out a month after i got me 05 Stivo den went to the Melb Motorshow...was sooooo :spiteful: )

I also have a friend whom drives an SP23 Sedan...last of its kind before the update...

Anyhowz...lolz i love given consults on the 30K bracket cars:

Here goes:

Depends most importantly one what your needs are. Both cars a great cars as well as are very much the same on what comes as standard such as ur climate control, electrics etc etc, and even so...most cars these days past the 2000 year i pretty damn good, considering all the gear you get in em these days.

Mazda Vs Honda.

Mazda 3 SP23...

FOR:

Good Handling, Great Interior (Looks very schmick whether its in Suede or Leather Trim, n kills the sportivo's :spiteful: ), Power is smooth yet spirited comes on linear but very nicely (but u don't get that kick like "Lift"), Exterior styling is an either you love or hate...to me looks more modern n futuristic den the stivo, Vision is good all round too, good boot space too. Plenty of luxuries. Also runs on standard ULP, 6 Speed Manual

AGAINST:

Road noise!! man it really get's me <_<, Interior space Comparable if not a little tighter den the Stivo i reckon, Centre console is all built in (Can't upgrade to a better system in future cause of the deck being integrated: but u can get the Factory Luxury pack inc Bose Sys n Leather, which is not bad at all!), lacking fun vvtL-i power! :lol:

Honda Civic Sport...

FOR:

Futuristic interior\exterior design layout, Great Luxuries inside, Plenty of space for occupants, Smooth Honda reputed gear system, Power is smooth but being honda is more rev happy den Mazda, Runs on Standard ULP, Comes with Sunroof as standard? >_<

AGAINST:

Lookswise - IMO needs the full kit N dumped to be sporty, or else doesn't look right as a standard kitless car,

Power is less den mazda inc torque. Night as much fun to drive spiritedly as the Mazda, Same inbuilt CD dash as Mazda but no audio upgrade available as option, 5 Speed Manual

BOTH Cars: have cruise control, MP3 n steering audio controls, tilt n telescopic steering adjusting, climate control, full electrics, all safety ABS EBD etc, good fuel economy, Great Vision for the driver all round, run on Standard ULP and aren't bad on insurance.

Hope the above helps in someway. My best suggestion is if you want to buy a brand new car of the two...You should go drive them both for yourself, regardless of my or members comments. Not to say that we won't comment but the truth is everyone is different on tastes and requirements, plus your the one who is forking out the money and will be living with it everyday ^_^

My opinion, though i would've personally bought the Civic Sport (Honda Fan Hardcore i am :spiteful: and even over the stivo had I known it was coming out, prior to getting Stivo and going to the Melb Motor Show), I would still recommend you get the Mazda SP23. It's driving is more fun than the Honda and i like the looks better as well. I wouldn't get sick of the Mazda's styling as quick as the Honda. The only thing that let's the Mazda down for me is the Road Noise...now i'm not sure how you can rectify this, i've heard u can by changing tyres or rims i dunno.

The Honda has lots of space and is smooth to drive but as from many car reviews, it doesn't get as much cred as the Mazda 3 does for being more of a drivers\fun car.

Both cars, bang for your buck i reckon are the best on the market at the moment considering all the options you get as standard. If you can push the budget up a little, this i do also recommend, you could even consider the XR5 Turbo or Astra SRi Turbo...both top cars too!

Good Luck!! N keep us posted :D

Edited by oVo

Thanks OvO

Nice review on both cars.

Yeah read from the reviews that the road noise was a negative on the Mazda.

But i think there are more features on the 2006 model to go with it. Like the engine, it has a full kit, nice styling...etc

I'm swaying towards the mazda... zoom zoom zoom hehe

But doesn't the Civic sport have a VTEC engine in it? timing and lift?

Thats what I read on the specs.

Thanks OvO

Nice review on both cars.

Yeah read from the reviews that the road noise was a negative on the Mazda.

But i think there are more features on the 2006 model to go with it. Like the engine, it has a full kit, nice styling...etc

I'm swaying towards the mazda... zoom zoom zoom hehe

But doesn't the Civic sport have a VTEC engine in it? timing and lift?

Thats what I read on the specs.

All cars these days have fancy engine tech names....i-VTEC, vvtL-i, vvt-i, mivec etc etc...

At the end of the day, whether it actually has an impact on you, is whether you actually enjoying driving the car...all cars have pros n cons...just depends on ur own personal driving tastes ;) :D

Yes, the civic comes with the i-VTEC :)

(lolz i swear that K20Z engine is a detuned DC5 - K20A!!! :ph34r::spiteful:)

Oh yea also forgot...it also depends on ur future intentions with the car...what you will find is because of the street cred with the Hondas, the Civic will sure to be easily tunable regarding mods in the future, whereas i'm not so certain on the tune-ability of the Mazda 3s. Just a consideration ;)

How abaout waiting to see if they are actually bringing in the Honda civic Type R to our shores. See link below:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf...A257283000067D3

This car ain't comin... :angry:

But more chances of this coming...

07ctrjdm001bq0.th.jpg

07ctrjdm002zl2.th.jpg

Question is...would you wait one year, for a possibility?...lolz i couldn't wait six months for the XR5! :spiteful:

Mazda-3-SP23 built in Japan, Honda-CiViC-Sport built in Thailand..... why not the Mazda-3-MPS (also built in Japan)?

My pick, Mazda-3 (SP23 or even better, the MPS), and the CiViC Type-R Coupe, if it gets released in Australia.

Edited by omn1potent

The civic sport uses a 2.0L vtec engine im pretty sure similar specs to the base DC5. You really need to drive all 3 and make up your own mind. This is a Toyota forum so you wont be able to escape the biased opinions.

My choices would be on the other hand though - mazda sp23, sportivo and civic even for me.. though i like the thought of having a newer car.. and about the car being made in thailand? i'd reckon they are more dedicated then people in south africa. Asian countries are not dodgy but very strict and put alot more pride in their work

I'd take a Civic over the Mazda any day. better build quality than the Mazda and has the potential with wheels etc to look really nice.

Besides Mazda SP23's are all over the place and are all modified in the same way....different wheels and that's about it.

I'd take a Civic over the Mazda any day. better build quality than the Mazda and has the potential with wheels etc to look really nice.

Besides Mazda SP23's are all over the place and are all modified in the same way....different wheels and that's about it.