dwee's '09 ZRE152 ZR

dwee.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee you coming up to watch us on the day? Peter, I still recommend the pads and fluid but hey your car, if you run out of brakes don't say I didn't warn you!

(..and I know the way you drive son! :P)

Yep i should be there armed with my DSLR....hopefully i can get some good pics of you guys at play. :D

Lee you coming up to watch us on the day? Peter, I still recommend the pads and fluid but hey your car, if you run out of brakes don't say I didn't warn you!

(..and I know the way you drive son! :P)

Hahaha $80 for a pair of QFM was it? And yes, as I told you, I'm quite aware of that. :P

Yep i should be there armed with my DSLR....hopefully i can get some good pics of you guys at play. :D

Awesome Lee. I might have a nice photo of yours online soon. Processing photos from last meet still. Wished I took more shots though!

Good stuff Pete :) Can I ask where you sourced the Cusco bar from, I know you said Vinh helped but where did it come from originally?? We need to get one for Barb's 'rolla :D

Thanks for the link Pete - okay, so another Corolla newbie question: Barb's is a ZRE152? Do the facelifts have a different designation? I'm gunna have to learn more about them as I've been told I am to tell her what to buy :lol:

Heheheh @ the brake pads, I hope the track day does really awesomely for you all!

strut> from> price? thanks

also

car> awesome > srsly

Strut from greenline (see above link in response to Tash above). About $230ish with fast EMS shipping. :)

Preparing for Winton.. nearly! Still need helmet and pads. (Note: 1 FE is for Johnny :P)

IMG_1627_2.jpg

Question is now, how to attach fire extinguisher to my front passenger seat? I was thinking getting two 90 degree brackets and a piece of metal sheeting; which would be attached to the bracket on the fire extinguisher. Would this be suffice? Please advise! :unsure: Centre-to-centre span of the bolts are ~41.5mm.

IMG_1630_2.jpg

IMG_1631_2.jpg

IMG_1626_2.jpg

This is what I was referring to, like Jason's setup. Only I need 90deg brackets to the metal sheet due to how the existing bolts are sitting.

ext_mount.jpg

is it uncomfortable for the passenger in any way? last time i was in a car with an extinguisher i felt that it was a bit uncomfy coz i had to move my legs further to the front...but that was in an evo..:P dont you have that little tray under the passenger seat? that you can pull out?

looking good nonetheless :spiteful:

B)

hrmmm.. want to use the existing screwbolts there hey? need some kind of brace long enough to make across for both bolts. then drill screwholes for the bracket itself. good concept, now for trying to make it work.

is it uncomfortable for the passenger in any way? last time i was in a car with an extinguisher i felt that it was a bit uncomfy coz i had to move my legs further to the front...but that was in an evo..:P dont you have that little tray under the passenger seat? that you can pull out?

looking good nonetheless :spiteful:

I don't believe it would be uncomfortable, as your feet would be to the front of the car and not at the base of the chair (unless you're mega tall? :P). You need somewhere easily accessible and it needs to be braced/fixed so it does not come loose in the case of an accident *touch wood*.

B)

hrmmm.. want to use the existing screwbolts there hey? need some kind of brace long enough to make across for both bolts. then drill screwholes for the bracket itself. good concept, now for trying to make it work.

Yeah man, not sure if this is the way of going about this. This is the brackets I was referring to.. fixing_set__12752_thumb.jpg

Alternatively, we might have to screw into the chassis. Screwing into the chassis at the base of the front passenger chair might be difficult as we don't have as much room as the ZZEs. That leaves, the side of the centre console, front passenger side? :unsure:

post-10034-0-32998600-1300575713_thumb.j

:D

If you guys haven't already seen Johnnie's thread, Johnnie & I did some DIY bracket designing for the fire extinguisher (photo above). My bracket & F.E. still needs to go in. Did the 50,000kms service over the weekend and changed the pod as well; quite surprisingly, the pod was actually quite clean for 10,000kms. Just could be due to the Hydroshield (yes, I still have it on). I also bought a helmet! :D

Here are some photos..thanks for looking! C'mon Winton!! :)

IMG_1658_2.jpg

Materials used for DIY F.E. bracket.

IMG_1659_2.jpg

Changing pod.

IMG_1660_2.jpg

Wish it is this low, however, just not feasible with my driveway! (Not photoshop'd at all, just Thommo, Jay and Johnnie sitting on the back seats :P)

IMG_1662_2.jpg

IMG_1663_2.jpg

Jay testing out how it feels to drive with a helmet on.. a bit weird! :P

That's pretty cool, now while your racing you can read the warning labels at the same time :P

Also, take out the passenger side foglight housing for super duper extra cold air, might shave a tenth off your time ;)

Hahahaha! It was straight from the box! :D

I could remove the left foglight, like some of the s'tivo guys have done! I guess it depends on how much time I got tomorrow :unsure: With a huge hole, might get some locusts?! HAHA

I realised, I haven't added a recent photo of the front yet; nothing exciting :lol: still haven't colour-coded front lip.. :o

IMG_1648_2.jpg

Thanks guys! Yes, have been meaning to do it for a while now. :lol:

Lee: bloody awesome shot! OEM toll hook ftw! Hahaha I did T1Rs proud lol

Another shot (from AE92 SC Li)! Me front end's dirty! :lol:

195943_10150165114134976_661049975_8211144_5359841_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

someone hasnt been updating at all ! ohmy.gif

What updates? :whistling:

A recent shot.

photo1_2.jpg

A closer shot of the fire extinguisher & custom bracket.

IMG_2282_2.jpg

is it wrong that i want an extinguisher just for show? :whistling:

Haha you can if you want! :P Like John, I suggest get one anyway; might come handy one day! :)

Check out that storm brewing,good work Peter, that tree should protect you :lol:

Hahaha I moved it straight away! John, didn't you learn in school that it's not safe to stand next to or under trees in a storm? :P

For those that haven't seen the Winton Track thread, read below. :)

Awesome organiser, awesome weather, awesome day! Thanks Trung :toast:

First time to Winton so I did not know what to expect. Also, haven't really been driving this car much recently so I was afraid I've forgotten how she handled! :D

1st Session - 2:07.5760

2nd Session - 1:59.028

3rd Session - No PB, session was cut short due to accident

4th Session - 1:55.712

Understeer due to tyre pressures was a major issue. It was not only until the 4th session that I tried dropped the fronts down to 32psi cold and kept the rears 34psi cold (advice from Trung); this helped dramatically. Also in the last session, I took Trung around for 4 laps and he was telling me which areas I could improve (more like screaming "gas that mfker!" :lol: ); dropped him off in the pits and headed back out. In the next 3 laps, I managed to cut my PB down to 1:55.712! Unfortunately the session ended before I could cut it down even more. It was getting late so we all agreed to call it quits and starting packing up/putting parts back into our cars.

Here's a vid of my second session.

Here's a vid taken by Winnie of everyone lining up to go!