dwee's '09 ZRE152 ZR

dwee.

Just for those out there who are curious how much a ZRE can drink.. :whistling:

IMG_2068.jpg

It's only been less than 4,000kms since the last service, but decided to change the oil since I did a track day shortly after the last service and I'm about to drive to Qld for the annual meet. :) And thank goodness it was changed; oil was darker than all pervious servicing I done at 10,000kms! :blink:

Then clay'd and polished the car. I guess I did something right. By I, I mean Vinh, Johnny and I. :P

IMG_2371_2.jpg

P.s.

IMG_2364_2.jpg

(I wish!)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahaha good stuff dwee ! Hoping u will have a safe and enjoyable trip along with vinh up to qld. I shall see you there sat morning :).

Oh right please pm me ur number and vinh's aswell please

Thanks guys; going to be an epic drive! :rolleyes:

Cuong, you got PM. :)

looking nice! and enjoy the trip.

Also spotted you today this morning! saw you on the corner of my eye while i was in traffic near warrigal coles

Hahaha yeah man, you're the only one that spots me! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Auris !!! i love it , and it sounds really good ! do you have the 1800cc 2ZRE-fe setup ?

Thanks mate! Yep, it's 1.8L 2ZR-FE.

photo2.jpg

Mad offset bro! :whistling:

So my ZRE survived the trip to the Annual Meet in QLD! Got two nail punctures in the front right. Put the spare on (Man, it felt weird!). Found out that one nail was too close to the side wall, that tyre was pretty much gone.

Went to my tyre dealer I usually go to, found out that they don't make Toyos T1Rs anymore; they were replaced by T1 Sports which looked less aggressive. Before ordering 2x Toyo T1 Sports for the fronts, I quickly read a few reviews and most of them said they were better than the T1Rs in dry/wet performance and in noise. I haven't driven much on the T1 Sports, but first impressions are that they are definitely less noisy! Performance wise, I'm yet to find out!

photo4.jpg

The guy at the tyre dealer was good to me. In the period I was waiting for the toyos to come, he gave me a spare 225/45 tyre for me to drive, rather than me driving on my spare. Not bad of a tyre in the dry, but I felt it was not good in the wet.

photo3.jpg

Thanks for reading!

P.s. Been driving this beast for work while mine gets fixed. D22/D40s are generally bulletproof!

th_photo5.jpg

ooh damn,there's an idea,lower and add two inches to that stockie :spiteful:

Hehehe I should find another 17x8 rim and put that as my spare; as now I got a spare T1R lying around. Driving on that spare made me remember what difference the 8" wide and toyos made!

• 5 weeks later...

where on the bottom of the car are you lifting it from?

There is a point under the side skirt for lifting. I usually do not lift it from the side but from the lifting points at the front and back.

There are no real updates, just a shot from a meet yesterday. :)

IMG_6722_2.jpg

Thinking about full exhaust with twinloop muffler. "Thinking", because I do not want it too loud! :unsure:

Still thinking about full exhaust. Maybe I have to drive Huey's or Jay's car first; I want it more subtle. :rolleyes:

Winton was so fun! Shame I only pushed it in the last 3 laps after your instructions Trung! :lol: Talking about Winton, interested in the one on Cup day! :spiteful:

• 1 month later...