DVD player with 7" Screen Installed.

DKzr6

Hi Guys,

As discussed in the other thread here are some pics of my install with the various screens.

Things to note:

ALL the steering wheel buttons work perfectly. The display button for the trip computer works normally. Volume, and Up/Down buttons work normally. The mode button cycles between the various stereo functions ie. Radio, CD DVD, TV, Bluetooth etc etc.

The TV function works OK once you tune it. When you move the car into a different area, you may have to fine tune it each time. Doesn't really keep a stable picture while driving. (to be expected for tv though. Wouldn't watch while driving anyway)

You don't need to spend any extra money at all. It comes with camera, tv antenna, sat nav antenna, all wiring. I did however buy a different camera from ebay.

The camera it comes with is an excellent quality night vision camera, it does fit in the factory mounting hole, but the angle points a little too low. ie. could see my rear bumper and tow bar and about 50cm back from the car. Because of its size you can't angle it up any higher. I purchased a smaller camera ($35 ebay) which allows a higher angle and more vision. See pics below. You guys may be able to work out a better way to mount the included camera. The ebay one is not a night vision camera but works on 2 lux light. The included camera is way way better in the night that the ebay one i purchased. The ebay one is the same quality during the day, but has much more flexability for angle adjustment.

Like its already been mentioned, the beeping can get annoying so if you want to get past that, you should install an AMP and run the units pre-outs into the amp. The sound is a lot better.

I have eclipse 6x9's all round with an amp. sounds superb.

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

Overall i'm really happy with the unit and the service from Auspack Electronics. :yahoo:

Edited by DKzr6

Was it easy enough to pull off the fascia etc to change the stereo? I assume there is no factory cabling for the reverse camera?

Takes approx 5 mins to pull the fascia out. There are no screws for the trim. Just Clips. You pull the top air vents forward. You pull up the centre console starting under the lid of the centre armrest. Then there are 4 bolts which hold the stereo/aircon controls in place. Once you undo the bolts the whole unit comes forward and out.

You then need to separate the aircon controls (couple of screws). Then the do the reverse to install the new one.

There is no factory wiring for the camera. I ran the cabling for the sat nav antenna, tv antenna and camera to the back. The satnav antenna and tv antenna are on the real parcel shelf behing the headrest so you cant see them.

The reverse camera wiring goes into the boot via a hole in the frame of the car behind the top of the rear seat. The cable comes out right next to the boot hinge which is ideal for running the cable into the boot lid.

Takes around an hour to install the cables. I ran the cables down the left side of the car and clipped it in with the toyota wiring loom. If you are not specifically looking for the extra wired you wouldn't know they are there.

To access the left side wiring just pull up the scuff plates in each door opening, the pull outwards the b pillar bottom trim, You then have access to the wiring from front the back.

ITs Easy.

• Like 1

Thanks heaps for the photos! I am so getting one. For $900.00 it's a real bargain for sure. I tried to order one yesterday actually, but the supplier said he is currently out of stock but more are due in about 10 days time - and they have new upgrades in them (not sure what, but I bet that annoying beep when you do anything will go!)

I hope I can install myself so I can save some money on install. I think I'm only a bit concerned on what to do for the DVD function wiring, hopefully it's not too difficult?

Once again thanks!

$900? Seriously?

That looks sweet, when u can also play DVDs with it, thou i like the factory layout 1's better.

Just wonderin if the Factory's 1 can play DVD-Movie 1...I dun mind addin a couple hundred..

$900? Seriously?

That looks sweet, when u can also play DVDs with it, thou i like the factory layout 1's better.

Just wonderin if the Factory's 1 can play DVD-Movie 1...I dun mind addin a couple hundred..

You can play DVD's anytime with it provided you earth the wire on the stereo which is supposed to connect to the handbrake.

The factory one costs over $3000 i think.

$900? Seriously?

You can play DVD's anytime with it provided you earth the wire on the stereo which is supposed to connect to the handbrake.

Yes just make sure cops don't see you driving with a DVD playing othewise you can get booked. Its a safety feature for it to be connected to the handbrake, but really silly IMO.

I have yet to do it for my Kenwood HU, ive been to happy with my sub and playing music only so far....

Looking to get a Digital TV tuner for the car, so late night cruises on the weekend I can tune into ABC Rage :)

$900? Seriously?

Yea..I had the Factory one and paid around that price for all the optional features.

The thing is, I had no idea whether they can play DVD through the Audio cd. I know the GPS had writings "DVD" but not sure it can play DVD.. LoL...Pretty stupid of me :help:

Hi DKZR6.

Nice! I am thinking of buying one of these myself. I have some questions -

Can you take a photo of the unit playing a CD?

Does the unit feel responsive during operation (i.e. is it quick to change between modes, or tracks on a cd)?

Can you see the screen clearly from the driver and passenger seats?

Overall, do you think that it is a good quality unit (build quality, software quality, sound quality)?

Thanks mate.

is it hard to DIY install~?

and is it come with the australia map~? or need install by self~?

Regarding installation, it is answered and when they say it comes with original plugins, you are very sure it will take u less than 10 minutes to install/mod.

I have been studying this unit for a while since reading someone installed it, not considering sound quality now(coz i cant hear it), it is quite a nice HU, but have to ask and confirm how much to addin the antenna..

actually reading it again, it seems like a CARputer to me..

Come with australia map? You wish! they cost like AUD2xx-3xx per disc/map? unless it run on memory card, which then you can copy. But read the spec again, it is optional, and to me, it means you have to buy a receiver and map..

Yes it does come with Aussie maps (Route66) - on SD card.

I find it strange that some people on this site have not seen this unit before, a simple google search is all it takes. Anyway, see below link for further info direct from the sellers site:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/auspacks/

Edited by Sanz

Hi DKZR6.

Nice! I am thinking of buying one of these myself. I have some questions -

Can you take a photo of the unit playing a CD?

Does the unit feel responsive during operation (i.e. is it quick to change between modes, or tracks on a cd)?

Can you see the screen clearly from the driver and passenger seats?

Overall, do you think that it is a good quality unit (build quality, software quality, sound quality)?

Thanks mate.

Hi,

I'll take a photo of it playing CD this weekend. When playing CD it displays a TOYOTA Logo with CAMRY written below. (the new units shipping now won't say camry - they will only have a toyota logo on it. ) The track number, time etc are displayed across the screen.

If you play an MP3 disk, it shows a track listing, so you can select the various tracks.

Yes the unit is responsive, it takes approx 1 second to change modes. The only exception is DVD - when you select DVD, it cache's the data as it takes approx 5 seconds to start playing - there is a progress bar displayed while this happens.

Screen has perfect visibilty from all seats in the car.

I'm very happy with the sound quality, running through my amp it is way better than the factory unit.

Generally i'm very pleased with the whole unit.

how do u find the route 66 maps?

is there an option to get the tomtom maps?

Would be nice to be able to install TomTom onto the unit ourselves (it uses WinCE right?). Route66 looks kinda crap to me compared to the Tomtom. Anyway I probably will get a professional to install it. The cabling seems kinda hard for me to manage around the car. BTW does $899 include the rear camera and maps as well?

Would be nice to be able to install TomTom onto the unit ourselves (it uses WinCE right?). Route66 looks kinda crap to me compared to the Tomtom. Anyway I probably will get a professional to install it. The cabling seems kinda hard for me to manage around the car. BTW does $899 include the rear camera and maps as well?

I like the Route 66 Maps. I used to have a Navman and i think the Route66 maps are better. Not sure if you can use TOM TOM maps in it.

Yes the $899 does include the maps and the camera.

You get everything you need for $899, maps, antenna's, cables, camera. You don't need to buy anything else. It all comes in the box.

I can tell you it definitely does include maps and camera for that price.

I'm very interested in the unit as well but as I'm not very technically gifted with car audio installation I think I'll get a professional to install it. Anyone know if there are any places in Sydney South/ Wollongong area who might do it for me at cost? Also has the new stocks arrive yet with improved functionality?

P.S. Is the GPS map upgradeable ourselves? (Route66 or TomTom)

I think it's just the LCD that makes the overall size of the head unit look larger. From just quickly glancing at it, you wouldn't think it would fit it, but you will find that all Aurion models have the same spacing for the head unit and A/C controls.

Just called up Auspack today and was told I've just missed out on the latest shipment. Next shipment apparently due 2-3 weeks. Urghh...

Was also told we could probably install Tomtom on it .. which would be GREAT news...

Just called up Auspack today and was told I've just missed out on the latest shipment. Next shipment apparently due 2-3 weeks. Urghh...

Was also told we could probably install Tomtom on it .. which would be GREAT news...

What The?

I sent Rob from Auspack an email yesterday and he said he was expecting the new stock to arrive today (28/05/08) and didn't mention anything about this stock already being pre-sold.

I was just about to make payment until you said that but now I'm hesitant about waiting a further 2-3 weeks.

Better send him another email and ask for confirmation about all this.